Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Where's Kiera? She'll understand. My man friend went for a physical today and they shaved Half his bloody chest hair off.

He reckons he looks like a pampered poodle with Bald patches.

He's gong to have to shave the lot off.

Good suffering jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bluewolf wrote: »
    you seem to bawl about him a lot o.O

Maybe I do. That night was just a shock though because I'd never actually seen anyone be sick from alcohol before and I was worried. Don't worry, I know I seem like a nutjob. Actually I should probably stop posting about him so much because people seem to be getting the wrong impression about me because of it.
    Jessibelle wrote: »
    sorry, my phrasing is off:o I'd say he's the lucky one having you sit up looking after him.

Ah I see... I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maple wrote: »
    Where's Kiera? She'll understand. My man friend went for a physical today and they shaved Half his bloody chest hair off.

He reckons he looks like a pampered poodle with Bald patches.

He's gong to have to shave the lot off.

Good suffering jaysus.

WTF? Why? What? Why?

Oh god if he shaves it all off you wont be able to have chest cuddles for ages with the stubble :( You'll have to insist he wears a wooly jumper to bed until it grows back. Only option.

/oh and btw, i knew you were more pervy than me! See the time? Yeah, you came in for the ballsack talk, didnt you :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Kiera wrote: »
    WTF? Why? What? Why?

Oh god if he shaves it all off you wont be able to have chest cuddles for ages with the stubble :( You'll have to insist he wears a wooly jumper to bed until it grows back. Only option.

/oh and btw, i knew you were more pervy than me! See the time? Yeah, you came in for the ballsack talk, didnt you :D

Also, if he is hairy in general, he'll look odd with just his chest shaved...so either he'll have to look weird, or shave the whole lot off!

• Advertisement

Also, if he is hairy in general, he'll look odd with just his chest shaved...so either he'll have to look weird, or shave the whole lot off!

Unless he wears a body-warmer until it all grows back. Mind you getting it all off would mean a back-sack-crack too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Unless he wears a body-warmer until it all grows back. Mind you getting it all off would mean a back-sack-crack too :D

Bleurghhhhhh!

Bleurghhhhhh!

I'm only an hour late with the sack chat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

/shudder

/leaves thread for little while

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

awec wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Jaysus.

I know. I don't like going out and intentionally getting drunk so that's the reason why I hadn't seen it. I'd been drunk and been around people that were drunk but never experienced anyone vomiting from it. I have a weird fear of vomiting myself so that might explain it either. If I feel like I'm going to vomit I start to panic and shake, my heart starts racing really fast and I break out in a cold sweat.

• Advertisement

Ivy/Kiera, you are NOT helping matters here.

I'm horrendified.

I'm horrendified.

How bad is it? Did they shave it all off his chest or bits here and there? Paint a picture for us….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I have a man hair phobia but I'm not going to get angry, I'm just going to breathe and calmly walk away from the man hair obsession thread.

I think it may be time to burn down the thread and start V5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

How bad is it? Did they shave it all off his chest or bits here and there? Paint a picture for us….
    There's no time! This is an emergency.

Just take a pic and show us, it's only the internet. What could possibly go wrong?

I think it may be time to burn down the thread and start V5.
    Bloody fun police :(

Bloody fun police :(
    I personally like a nice fluffy muff, we can talk about that if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

*breaks tension*

peacock6bf.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Babybuff wrote: »
    I personally like a nice fluffy muff, we can talk about that if you like

Off to the blokes forum with you :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Off to the blokes forum with you :P

don't think they'd let me talk about it there, would probably be deemed a bit sexist :pac:

awec wrote: »
    The blokes forum is far too clean for talk like that!

Compared to over there the ladies lounge is fecking eye opening! :pac:
    Babybuff wrote: »
    don't think they'd let me talk about it there, would probably be deemed a bit sexist :pac:

Slydice it is so....

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I have some stupid referencing to do. :mad::mad::mad:

On the bright side, essay is otherwise done! :)

Also, I had a very nice day today. It involved a 2 hour nap.

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

I'm horrendified.

It's.....it's......oh the horror...it's PATCHY.

As in lovely chest hair here, baldy stubbly mess there.

He's going to have to shave the lot.

Between my scabby kissed chin and the impending all over body rash I'm going to look like some leper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I know. I don't like going out and intentionally getting drunk so that's the reason why I hadn't seen it. I'd been drunk and been around people that were drunk but never experienced anyone vomiting from it. I have a weird fear of vomiting myself so that might explain it either. If I feel like I'm going to vomit I start to panic and shake, my heart starts racing really fast and I break out in a cold sweat.

Wow, that's pretty unusual that you've never seen anyone be sick from alcohol..you're lucky you've never been the one minding a trollied friend on a night out...or been that trollied friend :rolleyes: it's not fun

I think everyone might panic a bit when they feel like they might vomit, especially if they haven't done it in ages. Then again, I have heard of people really having an aversion to it. I hope you may never have food poisoning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I hate hairy men! But then I don't like them with no hair at all either. I'm the Goldilocks of men's body hair, it has to be juuuuuust right :p I hate chest hair sticking out of a shirt, but a bare chest looks like a teenage boy. Luckily my boyfriend is PERFECT, hehe.

For anyone half interested in my wedding dress saga, after the disaster that was the Chinese one, today I tried on a dress that I have had a photo of saved since about 2 weeks after we got engaged. It's perfect, looks great, sits great, is from a local shop so that's nice too...and it's €1000 :(:rolleyes: Which is better than the €2,200 one I tried on earlier today. My bestie assures me it would dye black very well, so I can wear it again, can't believe I'm leaning towards spending €300 over budget, but it's THE dress! Confuzzled so I am.

Edit: Jane myself and my mother have almost a fear of vomiting. She maintains I never puked as a baby purely because I knew how much she didn't want to clean it up. We rarely throw up, it's easily...17-20 years since my mother has? We will do anything not to. I shake, cry, panic, I hate it. When she was pregnant with me she threw up every day for months, still holds a grudge against me for that! :D

It's.....it's......oh the horror...it's PATCHY.

As in lovely chest hair here, baldy stubbly mess there.

He's going to have to shave the lot.

Between my scabby kissed chin and the impending all over body rash I'm going to look like some leper.

Eeeeewww!

On the plus side at least you will look like you belong together with your minging-ness :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

All very well until you've to use a stupid obscure referencing technique that Word has never heard of (Marian Lyons, I'm looking at you) and it keeps EATING MY FCUKING FOOTNOTES. Arrrgrgghhhhhhh!

*breathes*

I think it's time to step away from the computer for the day.

On the plus side at least you will look like you belong together with your minging-ness :P

You're such a romantic! :pac:

And we have to burn down the thread Kiera. Evidence.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:D:D:D Dermalogica half price at work. My credit card may be taking a bashing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement