Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Decided that I'm walking to the shop for icing sugar and vanilla essence to make queen cakes. :D I think I may be losing my marbles! :rolleyes:

Why would that mean you're losing your marbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

*hugs* Honey-ec. Be good to yourself chick x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I have a massive steak for dinner, I'm ridiculously excited about this. I've been thinking about it all day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

hi all:). im posting this tonight as im going to be taken a break ,my heart is just hurting and i just want to give my final update on tiny:mad::mad:

oh man my girl tiny(british bulldog) has taken a bad turn again.
    i brought her home friday and to be honest i taught she was on the way
    up,she was in great form she ate walked around the house out the front to her favorite spot,but she was just saying goodbye to us and just trying to get as much time with us as she could.she was allways so cleaver:)

she was in pain but tiny just wanted us to know that she loved us im sure.
    oh man the wife is in bits as i am.i only wish i had more time with her we only had her less than 3 years as i took her out of a house that only abused my girl.but im sure no i know she had a great time with us.

she got very sick again last night i slept with her just to comfort her and also i dident want her alone. we took her to vet first thing were they kept her put her back on drip but it was makeing no difference as shes got way worse.
    the vet rang me 2hrs ago to come in in morning to give permission to put her to rest:mad:oh man i hate this the tears the pain the hurt my family have now.
    but it must be done i/we love her so much she has to come first i cant leave her suffer anymore.

im going to take a break from boards for a while.i like to thank everyone that thanked my posts regarding tiny also the pet fourum were i used to put pics of tiny up so everyone could enjoy her.
    i found this poem on the net i like it and describes our love for her.

if tears could build a stairway
    and memories a lane,id walk
    right up to heaven,and bring
    you home again.

night my girl tiny,allways in our hearts.

Very sorry for your loss, I've been in the same situation, my Golden Labrador Marley had to be put to sleep on January 13th 2010 after 10 years with us, it remains the saddest moment of my life so far, I am still not over it although my girlfriend and I are looking into getting a lab puppy this year, it takes a long time for the pain to heal, and it will never heal fully, but that's what happens when you love somebody so much, dogs are companions, they are not just a pet, they are truly your best friend. I still find myself weeping from time to time because I miss him so much, but you just have to remember the happy times with your dog.

My biggest regret is that I didn't get enough photo's or videos with my fella, and also that I lost my old phone with loads of the vids and photos that I did have, I'll never get over that.

I found the following clip helped me a lot, it is very emotional and upsetting but it helps me cope, hopefully it will help you too.

HILarious:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ read that on YLYL a few days ago, crazy indeed if its real

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

It's really one of those meh! days.

My tutor switched an exam to this morning last minute and didn't let anyone know so yeah... I missed it :( I'm very sure the last two exams in that module have gotten me well over a pass and there's one more still to go so I'm confident everything is grand, but really he needs to cop on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

jay phelan wrote: »

My tutor switched an exam to this morning last minute and didn't let anyone know so yeah... I missed it :( I'm very sure the last two exams in that module have gotten me well over a pass and there's one more still to go so I'm confident everything is grand, but really he needs to cop on :mad:

That is rotten! I hope it does not do you too much harm :(

Having yummy chicken curry for dinner! My husband is such a good cook, I am lucky :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

jay phelan wrote: »

Tutors can screw you over like that alright - had it over the weekend, where a tutor was complaining about the low marks because we didn't reference - it was a reflective piece, where we have never ever referenced before :confused: Makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    HILarious:

Played it for the gang in work today and all of us know at least one girl/boy like this :eek:

• Advertisement

sigh, so I heard back from the job I applied for, they sait congrats you've...been shortlisted to interview further when we're hiring again, which I dont know when it is, could be months, sigh, gonna keep looking cos I cant wait around for something that crop up some point later in the year, need a new job now.

krudler wrote: »
    sigh, so I heard back from the job I applied for, they sait congrats you've...been shortlisted to interview further when we're hiring again, which I dont know when it is, could be months, sigh, gonna keep looking cos I cant wait around for something that crop up some point later in the year, need a new job now.

Aw poo :(

^ read that on YLYL a few days ago, crazy indeed if its real
    Kiera wrote: »
    Played it for the gang in work today and all of us know at least one girl/boy like this :eek:

I have an ex who was like that, total nut.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bubblefett wrote: »
    ....what?? Seriously?? GAAAAH!

Monday I'm being told here now. 3 episodes in the series. The books are due a re-read from me.

@Honey, thinking of you. May the crapness ease up for you soon.

@krudler - such ****e. Any indication if they're going to be interviewing any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I'm slightly concerned about a friend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Acoshla wrote: »
    I have an ex who was like that, total nut.

I had a child with someone like that. He once text that he thought my ovaries should be extracted and deep fried so I do subject anyone else to the misery that I put him through. This was done whilst he was ignoring his son and drinking himself into oblivion.

Peoples be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That's shíte :( Hopefully they start hiring again soon.

I'm slightly concerned about a friend :(

Why?

Oh lord had some work done to the house today and it stinks of chlorine now, my eyes are watering! It's gonna be like hanging around a swimming pool area here tonight, ugh.

Das Kitty wrote: »

@krudler - such ****e. Any indication if they're going to be interviewing any time soon?

no, am gonna email and ask, as I'm sure everyone does, you know how these things are though, when we know you'll know etc. wish I knew I'd interviewed for a job that didnt exist yet earlier. hopefully it wont be long but if its going to be more than a month or two I'll have to take something else, on the plus side I 'm off to spain for a week next week, woop, time to pay the parentals a visit

• Advertisement

no, am gonna email and ask, as I'm sure everyone does, you know how these things are though, when we know you'll know etc. wish I knew I'd interviewed for a job that didnt exist yet earlier. hopefully it wont be long but if its going to be more than a month or two I'll have to take something else, on the plus side I 'm off to spain for a week next week, woop, time to pay the parentals a visit

Are there many jobs out there in what you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh god I am beyond shattered...

early night for me tonight, I think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Bahhhhhh forced myself to come in to my least favourite class and the lecturer stuck on a dvd. If i have to spend an hour watching telly let it at least be good telly, at home, in pjs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Krudler, that sucks.. But you've dusted off the cv, got your fancy suit, had an interview- it's all progress. Beats being in a job your hate and not doing anything constructive to get out of it.

*Hugs* for Honey-ec. xxx

Posy wrote: »
    Krudler, that sucks.. But you've dusted off the cv, got your fancy suit, had an interview- it's all progress. Beats being in a job your hate and not doing anything constructive to get out of it.

*Hugs* for Honey-ec. xxx

aye, am going to get looking at more jobs later, and that fancy suit is being worn to the loungers beers if I wind up going :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Ah think I have the meat sweats...it was worth it though.

Kiera wrote: »
    Are there many jobs out there in what you do?

yes but its one of those catch 22 things, I could (not sounding big headed here) waltz into another call centre job, have enough experience, but do I really want to do that forever? hell no, I just went for the new one as its a way out, easier to get a job when you already have one and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope you're doing okay Honey

That sucks Krudler, hopefully something will crop up again soon. Enjoy Spain anyway!

Links, when/where are Amon Amarth playing? The bf is a fan, so I feel a plan brewing :p

Had a really interesting lecture today about child abuse cases. The lecturer seemed really passionate about trying to find ways for the law to allow for compensation for victims, which I admired. Maybe I can make a difference someday* :)

*If I get cracking on the assignment for this module...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

EmilyO wrote: »
    Links, when/where are Amon Amarth playing? The bf is a fan, so I feel a plan brewing :p

Thursday, March 15th in Vicar Street

should be good

There's a lot of their stuff I don't know, but their new album is pretty good :D

I hope they play this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Cool, thanks! Tbh I don't know any of their stuff, I'm not really a metal fan but I won't mind sitting through it either.

I'm glad you enjoyed Rammstein, I was talking to a guy who was there and he said it was epic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement