Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Well, the date I was so excited about last week was a bit "meh" in the end. There wasn't much of a spark although he was good-looking and we had a lot to talk about. We were meant to be going for dinner tonight but he texted me at midnight to say he'd met someone else! Wouldn't mind but it was actually yesterday we originally were going to meet then he postponed it- clearly now because he was hedging his bets and there was someone he wanted to check out first!

It's the second guy OF THE SAME NAME to cancel on me the night before a date because they've suddenly fallen in love with someone else...Richard(s) of online dating, I'm on to you!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Well I was right about who sent it, but no answer yet from the company about exchanging it, poo :(

When I saw the courier I hoped for a second it was my wedding dress :( Tiny parcel suggested otherwise pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 net2mailbox

Hi ladies

Can i join you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Semele wrote: »
    Richard(s) of online dating, I'm on to you!:P

They're nothing but a shower of Dicks!

...I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happiness is- post man arriving to the door with not one, but two pairs of shoes for me!
    The OH decided to pay for a pair of shoes I'd been bidding on on ebay and had given up on.
    To quote "I finally figured out what women want! Shoes" Good lad, he's learning ;)

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    Well I was right about who sent it, but no answer yet from the company about exchanging it, poo :(

When I saw the courier I hoped for a second it was my wedding dress :( Tiny parcel suggested otherwise pretty quickly.

Your dress hasn't arrived yet?? I thought you ordered that ages ago, that's really crappy

bubblefett wrote: »
    Your dress hasn't arrived yet?? I thought you ordered that ages ago, that's really crappy

Yep, ordered it on 13th Jan, they said it would arrive in 3 weeks, add an extra 7-10 days for Chinese New Year, still no sign. They are not going to like my Review when it does arrive/eventually gets cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hi ladies

Can i join you?

Sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yep, ordered it on 13th Jan, they said it would arrive in 3 weeks, add an extra 7-10 days for Chinese New Year, still no sign. They are not going to like my Review when it does arrive/eventually gets cancelled.

Ugh, how disappointing :( Fingers crossed it turns up in the next few days.

No one replied :(

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Sure :)

Thank you Kiera :)

How are you doing :)

No one replied :(

Kiera did! And it's a busy place, just start chatting/whinging/etc! :)

That's unbelievable- is it registered? As in can you track it? Hopefully when it arrives it'll be so pretty it'll all be worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow, I am absolutely shattered after last night. I'll sleep tonight that's for sure.

Thank you Kiera :)

How are you doing :)

I'm super duper thanks, how's you, net? Welcome to the Ladies Lounge :)

Kiera did! And it's a busy place, just start chatting/whinging/etc! :)

yep
    what you guys are busy with? It will take a little time to get to know about the forum and activities of its members :)

That's unbelievable- is it registered? As in can you track it? Hopefully when it arrives it'll be so pretty it'll all be worth it :)

The site says it hasn't even been shipped yet, no tracking info :( Tracking info is meant to appear within 3 days of it being sent to their post office, it's been 11 days. From what I can gather they have sent it for dispatch, but there is a backlog because of Chinese New Year and it hasn't been shipped yet, when it is it will take about 3 days to get here, but I got a dress from China before in 2 days so that bit can happen pretty quick. It's so frustrating! Just sent an angry email to the main website instead of the seller (it's like ebay), basically speaking to their manager :p

I'm super duper thanks, how's you, net? Welcome to the Ladies Lounge :)
    I am also doing excellent thanks.

I want to make sooooooooo many friends and ladies loung is the best place for this

Amon Amarth up next, somehow I think it will pale in comparison with rammstein.

Links234 wrote: »

What happened with your gf's ticket in the end?

• Advertisement

What happened with your gf's ticket in the end?
    had to get a new one for her, but things worked out. Still no idea where the other one was or what happened to it. But well, these things happen, things get lost, happens to everyone. We had a truly fantastic night though.

The site says it hasn't even been shipped yet, no tracking info :( Tracking info is meant to appear within 3 days of it being sent to their post office, it's been 11 days. From what I can gather they have sent it for dispatch, but there is a backlog because of Chinese New Year and it hasn't been shipped yet, when it is it will take about 3 days to get here, but I got a dress from China before in 2 days so that bit can happen pretty quick. It's so frustrating! Just sent an angry email to the main website instead of the seller (it's like ebay), basically speaking to their manager :p

That's really bad- it could be that it's customs being difficult/slowing it down but either way the seller should be keeping you informed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I got married in May, ordered the dress in November and it arrived 6 days before the wedding. Everyone was freaking out except me. Granted, I bought mine in a bridal shop and I knew that if the dress didn't turn up, she could clean the sample & give it to me, as it was the same size, but still.

That's really bad- it could be that it's customs being difficult/slowing it down but either way the seller should be keeping you informed!

Yep if they just let me know I wouldn't mind at all, it's not like I need it yet, the waiting is just frustrating, especially as I need to be here when it's delivered!
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I got married in May, ordered the dress in November and it arrived 6 days before the wedding. Everyone was freaking out except me. Granted, I bought mine in a bridal shop and I knew that if the dress didn't turn up, she could clean the sample & give it to me, as it was the same size, but still.

6 days, wow, they were cutting it fine, they were lucky you weren't giving them hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

My sister got married a couple of years back in the bahamas, she was due to get her dress 2 weeks before the wedding, then they totally f'ed up and she had to arrange to collect it in heathrow as we got our connecting flight to bahamas! was a stressful time but she was so chilled I couldnt believe it, for luck it all turned out ok in the end for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dolorous wrote: »
    They're nothing but a shower of Dicks!

...I'll get my coat

I snorted. :D

My pounding headache hasn't got much better. Can't wait to go home and just hop into bed. Might read some of my book and watch some bad TV.

That's crap about your dress Acoshla - is there any other company you could order it from?

I snorted. :D

My pounding headache hasn't got much better. Can't wait to go home and just hop into bed. Might read some of my book and watch some bad TV.

That's crap about your dress Acoshla - is there any other company you could order it from?

There's plenty of companies I could order another copy from, but I've paid for this one and as of yet I can't cancel it so not going to order another until this one is resolved!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

So, my marriage is officially over. Well, not officially, obviously, as we still have all the legalities to go through, but STBEH made it patently clear last night that there's no going back for us. I'm in a bit of a daze today, tbh, I was still holding onto the smallest glimmer of hope up to now. I'm probably back to square one now in the coming-to-terms-with-things stakes.

Audi, I'm so sorry to hear about Tiny. I have three Boxers that are living with STBEH and I miss them so much it's like a physical pain in my heart sometimes. And now I actually don't know if I'll ever even see them again.

Oh, and my car failed the NCT, to top it all off.

So sorry to hear that Honey-ec. Lots of hugs for you. xx
    Hi ladies

Can i join you?

Yes, welcome to the mad house! :D
    Wow, I am absolutely shattered after last night. I'll sleep tonight that's for sure.

So glad you had a good night Links and that your gf got sorted with a ticket. :)

In other news, I made scones earlier and here are pics. I'm so excited, I haven't made them since I did the Junior Cert in 2004!

Plain scones.jpg

Sultana scones.jpg

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hi ladies

Can i join you?

Welcome! More the merrier!!!

Had a chat with a friend today, helped me see some perspective on things - feeling better than I was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Decided that I'm walking to the shop for icing sugar and vanilla essence to make queen cakes. :D I think I may be losing my marbles! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement