Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

105 Score 1, 114 Score 2, Overall 110. I see others here did a good deal better.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

110 and 125 for 118 overall am i likely to even get an interview for a place on a psychology course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

sara1 wrote: »

I'd say your best bet would be to contact the admissions office. Good luck!

• Advertisement

sara1 wrote: »

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poly.anna

I have mine and no idea why we don't get the percentile with them before releasing them. But as the percentile is calculated against the performance of everyone else who took the MSAP maybe they stagger it to give a general idea of how you did individually and then as within a ratio. I got 121 , I am guessing that it average as I felt I totally bombed it on the day due to exhaustion and sleep deprivation for a week :) My son and I had both been home sick with Flu tonsillitis and hospital stays and I could have put my head on the desk and slept - exam nerves kept me awake if resembling something like a shreddie wheat. But it seems a little strange - the two sections are so different in terms of measuring acumen intelligence and ability. You may write a very weak essay on the single topics given but perform well in some of the multiple choice and learn skills for writing essays over the course of a degree very adequately - or not need to for what you do ... hmmm . good luck everyone

Judging from the results coming through - scores of 100-120 will be the average. the first 80% would score up to this and the rest over this mark to be in top 20%...? Scores of 120 = 80% but against the total exam performance I think it will be a low percentile, if there is a substantial scoring higher than this .I have got two interviews for college of my choice but now this is in I wonder if it will affect my chance . I have two interviews for April and essay to write already based on application and personal statement. 10 days to prepare...I am spending it reading over the course content and selecting material to prepare for a strong interview discussion of the course and how I can use it as a pathway for what I have been doing ...but v nervous as I put most of my choices to one University College and NUI as a second, only. I chose my college on accessibility as much as course content as its an issue. Really hope I get it .

Poly.anna wrote: »
    Judging from the results coming through - scores of 100-120 will be the average.

Em I think its a bit early to be making an assumption on what the average is very little info and people might be disinclined to post results if they felt they have not performed very well. Also 121 was in the top 9 % in 2009 irrc

• Advertisement

score one 126, score two 153, overall 140....haven't a breeze what it means though, and no sign of a percentile.well that was worth the wait...

I think its safe to say you've done okay if you wanted extra high percentile;)

steoin wrote: »
    Em I think its a bit early to be making an assumption on what the average is very little info and people might be disinclined to post results if they felt they have not performed very well. Also 121 was in the top 9 % in 2009 irrc
    Well it seems an okay average but I hoped to get higher. But its not the definitive - yes :)

Poly.anna wrote: »
    Well it seems an okay average but I hoped to get higher. But its not the definitive - yes :)

Yea I know exactly what you mean, tbh i hope that 121 is not in the top 10% as im pretty close and missing it by that much would be quite frustrating.

I was under the impression that once you scored above 40% you would get an interview and my preparation consisted of glancing over the booklet on the bus to cork and had about 3 hours sleep which i feel would have given me those extra few marks but enough excuses time to start looking at flights for Aus and Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

Just got the email from MSAP there, i got an 86 overall percentile.:)
    im really happy with that.

Ya just got mine too

section1 110 60th percentile
    Section 2 125 91st percentile

overall 118 and 81st percentile

Disappointed as from what i have gather it rules me out of contention for a place in psychology as i had my heart set on studying it.
    But on the flip side if it was closer i think i would have been more disappointed with my preparation or lack of it but it was never going to move me up the required amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

section 1 87th percentile, section 2 100th percentile. overall 98th percentile.
    And just found out there's no interview for the course I had to sit this for, so all in all a good start to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

I'm happy with my results- hoping I'll get my first choice. A good Monday morning! Got to wait until July now... Good luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

95th Percentile overall. Surprised but really pleased - hoping too I'll get my first choice. Good luck to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

Hi just wondering if any one has some concrete facts on what scores allowed entrance to all the arts courses last year for example if it 70 percentile for social science or 80 percentile for psychology etc...

some facts would be great cause i can imagine some people are reading this today and seeing all the great scores and panicking.also just wondering if anyone has the approx amount of people who sat the msap this year ,,cheers:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

wow just read mine there i had no idea my essay skills were so bad!!! i got below 30 percentile :( and 55 on the critical reasoning. my essays really let me down :( my overall percentile was 35. good bye college place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

wow just read mine there i had no idea my essay skills were so bad!!! i got below 30 percentile :( and 55 on the critical reasoning. my essays really let me down :( my overall percentile was 35. good bye college place
    Sorry guys where do u find out your percentile anybody hear anything from ucc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Sul

@Dunner
    Msap should have sent you and email with a link to them. Check your junk mail too. You need your exam number to access them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

Sul wrote: »
    @Dunner
    Msap should have sent you and email with a link to them. Check your junk mail too. You need your exam number to access them too.
    Cool, just checked e-mail but nothing about the Msap percentile!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

I contacted UCC admissions today and they said that my percentile of 75% and average of 114 waould have been enough to get first place social science or phys ed. on last years scores.I also check the cao statistics and the application on the cao is down around 5 thousand on last year and 590 in arts alone. also taking into account that I reckon this years test was harder I reckon maybe the scores might be a little lower this year ....OR AM I OVER OPTIMISTIC:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

So just for reference:

My scores were:
    Section 1: 131/ 91
    Written English

Section 2: 139 / 98
    Critical Reasoning

Overall scaled score = 135

Overall Percentile 96

what did you apply for sarah 1

• Advertisement

id say your good with that score,definately be good enough to read your personal statemet id say.You should email there admissions office and ask them how you would have got on in last years admissions with that score,they should give you an idea.judging by what UCC said that 75 percentile was good enough for social science last year where they take roughly 20 matures in youd have to think that 64percentile would have got you into arts where they take 115 matures.also the applications are down on the arts this year and up on the sciences,probably scare mongering of the career guidance councilors to blame for that

Advertisement