Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

jackbhoy wrote: »
    I find SC way better than DT. Way more complex and realistic scoring and all footy fans I know only play SC. Any chance we can do it as our main league next season?

This is my first time doing SC, as previously all my mates would play DT. Very impressed with it so will defo be doing it next year. I think Smantah set this up this year, so if we have a vote as to which league people want to do, or both next year maybe?

Yeah, no harm in doing both I suppose but have found myself concentrating mostly on SC this season and probably even more so next season.

I thought it was you that set up league, Samantha is bit of a SC gun, been hitting some monster scores in recent weeks, think she's still good shout to win our league.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I'd be happy to do both again.
    Must admit I only gave SC a passing glance (and still made the 8 :cool:), but went full-on at DT (and made a dog's dinner of it :confused:).
    As to which is the better game? Well, I assumed DT was. Must do a bit of research into copmparing the two.
    Well done to whoever set-up the DT/SC-boards.ie games! Being an AFL fan in Ireland can be a lonely existence - or is it just me :rolleyes:... I reckon I listen to that much Aussie AFL-style radio (even been interviewed on Triple M's The Rub in June :P), I'm starting to develop an accent <resisting the urge to finish with "Strewth" :D>
    Actually, anyone know if there's a Grand Final 'venue' in Ireland? Wouldn't mind investigating the possibility of watching with like-minded AFL folk instead of huddled over a laptop in the dead of night on my lonesome trying to sync the Triple M call with the video :) <OK, not the thread for this I know>
    Is there a record for 'Most Smilies in One Post'? :o

I'd be happy to do both again.
    Must admit I only gave SC a passing glance (and still made the 8 :cool:), but went full-on at DT (and made a dog's dinner of it :confused:).
    As to which is the better game? Well, I assumed DT was. Must do a bit of research into copmparing the two.
    Well done to whoever set-up the DT/SC-boards.ie games! Being an AFL fan in Ireland can be a lonely existence - or is it just me :rolleyes:... I reckon I listen to that much Aussie AFL-style radio (even been interviewed on Triple M's The Rub in June :P), I'm starting to develop an accent <resisting the urge to finish with "Strewth" :D>
    Actually, anyone know if there's a Grand Final 'venue' in Ireland? Wouldn't mind investigating the possibility of watching with like-minded AFL folk instead of huddled over a laptop in the dead of night on my lonesome trying to sync the Triple M call with the video :) <OK, not the thread for this I know>
    Is there a record for 'Most Smilies in One Post'? :o

The Woolshed on Parnell Street used to show the Grand Final a few hours delayed. My mates went a few times and said it was good craic.

Re SC vs DT, I used to think DT would be most popular but few mates are die hard footy fans and they wouldn't touch DT, have to say having compared both this year SC is way better. Stuff like weighting importance of possessions and goals etc makes it much more interesting e.g. If you win a contested possession and kick a goal in dying mins of tight game you'll way more than if you kick one in junk time in blow out game, and stuff like half backs retaining possession by kicking it back and forth is weighed down etc...dream team is way to simplistic in comparison and I've seen playes have huge games but get crap DT scores because they didn't just rack up 40 touches...

Funnily enough I barely looked at SC last year and finished in top 5% but struggling to match that this year, maybe disinterest is the key to good season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Yeah, no harm in doing both I suppose but have found myself concentrating mostly on SC this season and probably even more so next season.

I thought it was you that set up league, Samantha is bit of a SC gun, been hitting some monster scores in recent weeks, think she's still good shout to win our league.

I did the DT League and Samantha suggested the SC league, which she set up.

It's difficult juggling the two to be honest so I don't mind which we do, but I'll prob just join one next year. Whichever one we get the full league with.

Never picking Buddy again! And as for Mitch Robinson, I should have listened to Xavi6 and dumped him after his run of good form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Swapped.buddy for beams as soon as he got injured, one of my better decisions. Alas, I'm out of the boards league. Too many of my a-graders didn't fire, Gablett was epic though, good captains choice.

It's all nearly over :( gonna be bored for the next 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I had a bye in the Boards league and managed to sneak a win in my other league. Buddys absence brought Goodes and his 137 in off the bench while my opponent had to cop a zero. I'll take it!!

Mackman wrote: »
    Swapped.buddy for beams as soon as he got injured, one of my better decisions. Alas, I'm out of the boards league. Too many of my a-graders didn't fire, Gablett was epic though, good captains choice.

It's all nearly over :( gonna be bored for the next 6 months

I'm already researching the draftees for next year :P Have an excel sheet done up with ratings and projected prices. Goldstein should be a bit of a bargain ruck next year.

You got the correct pairing for the final anyway, but you've got the result wrong. Tipperary Dockers to defend their crown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

I think not. The Tipp Dockers are going down!

Toot toot, go Owls!

• Advertisement

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    I think not. The Tipp Dockers are going down!

Toot toot, go Owls!

Looks like its going to be very close, good luck anyway lads, you are both consistently best scorers over last couple of years so deserving winner whoever wins.
    I am in the other (losers) final but totally forgot until this morning and never changed my team, bloody Selwood on bench and not even an emergency. Looks like Samantha is gonna beat me in that and sc gf as well, still hoping to take out work league though...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Congrats to Tipp Dockers. He needed Cotchin to get 96 to win and he got it with ease.

Why did it seem like a good idea to field friggin Dustin Martin over a legend like Adam Goodes???

Til next year!

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Congrats to Tipp Dockers. He needed Cotchin to get 96 to win and he got it with ease.

Why did it seem like a good idea to field friggin Dustin Martin over a legend like Adam Goodes???

Til next year!

Cheers, it was a close one as I think we only had 4 unique players. Traded in Cotchin this week so that paid off nicely!! I started Dusty over Goodes too, it was the right move going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Winter

I second the vote for watching the GF in WoolShed.
    Its the best place we ever went in Dublin to watch the GF

Congratulations on everyone in their performances in both DT and SC.
    I had a disappointing year in Dream Team but wouldn't have even got close to the Tipp Dockers
    hats off to Don Conroy Owls. Maxy is a DT gun so knocking him out is an achievement in itself.

I feel like a bit of shark setting up SC and winning the grand prize but if it makes everyone feel better this is the highest ever average for me ever,
    so unlikely to be repeated in coming years.

Im happy to keep going with both leagues if everyone is interested for next year. It fills me with pride that so many Irish people are worrying about the performances of Stevie J and Dayne Beams every week

Advertisement