Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Didnt make any trades, and managed to win all 3 of my games :D

Have to make a couple this week though. Sandilands out for 10 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Mackman wrote: »
    Didnt make any trades, and managed to win all 3 of my games :D

Have to make a couple this week though. Sandilands out for 10 weeks :(

Ha, I put Sidebottom captain last week and he had worst score of season, switched to ablett this week and he has worst game of year, midas touch :)

Think I won all games anyway, had Swan captain in SC and he was a machine today...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

3 wins in a row have moved me off the foot of the table but running very short on trades now:o

Balls, decided to save a trade in SC this week and keep Bugg, if brought Dempsey in I'd have finished top 25 out of 370000 this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Injuries beginning to bite big time now:

Buddy out for 2-3 weeks.
    Beau Waters out for 3-5 weeks.
    I've also got Goddard and Dustin Martin out for another week and Pendlebury still not back. :(

• Advertisement

Jeez, broke 2100 despite having 3 duck eggs in 22 this week, needed a bit of luck after last few weeks in H2H!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Looks like there are 4 teams vying for the last 2 spots in the Top 8: Il Puncho Donkero; BuckleysandNone; The Kippax; Wicklow Dockers. With only 3 games to go at least its exciting :)

4 also fighting for the top spot: Don Conroy Owls; Tipperary Dockers; Seldom Seen Kids; MAXY'S MACHINE, with Pats Pick & Team Cobra fighting for a Top 4 finish.

Go Team Cobra :D

I might be getting the hang of this dreamteam lark

Predictions for the Finals:
    1. Don Conroy Owls (56)
    2. Tipperary Dockers (56)
    3. Seldom Seen Kids (48)
    4. MAXY'S MACHINE (48)
    5. Pats Pick (48)
    6. Team Cobra (44)
    7. The Kippax (44)
    8. Il Puncho Donkero (40)
    Qualifying Round
    Don Conroy Owls v MAXY'S MACHINE
    Pats Pick v Il Puncho Donkero
    Team Cobra v The Kippax
    Tipperary Dockers v Seldom Seen Kids

Semi Finals
    MAXY'S MACHINE v Il Puncho Donkero
    The Kippax v Seldom Seen Kids

Preliminary Final
    The Kippax v Don Conroy Owls
    Il Puncho Donkero v Tipperary Dockers

Grand Final
    Don Conroy Owls v Tipperary Dockers

Boards.ie AFL Chapmions 2012
    Don Conroy Owls

Hard to see beyond DCO given his performance over the season.

Ha, good work!

I'm not as optimistic about Il Puncho's chances given my run in matches against top 2, those lads have been on fire! Interesting finish anyway, very competitive this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Hiya folks, again I'm not in your league so you don't have to worry about giving an opponent of yours advice. I'm new to dreamteam this year and have a huge game this weekend. Whoever wins between me and the guy I'm playing will make the 8.

Bit of help needed. IF Buddy doesn't play I have to make 2 trades. I have Stanton as well. With them traded out I would have $925,400. Which combo would you bring in?

- Murphy & Dangerfield
    - Fyfe & Beams
    - Any other combo?

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fyfe is coming off a decent stint out injured. I know he played last week but going up against the Eagles this week in the Derby is totally different story to play a poor Port team. He won't get the ball as easy.

Dangerfield has been in my team all year and, apart from a couple of sub par games, he's been brilliant for me. I'd go for him and A N Other, not necessarily Murphy though.

I presume you'd be playing Dangerfield as a forward so need a midfielder as well? Considered Shuey at all? Eagles play three of the last four at Paterson's.

Suppose it depends who you have already got in your side? Pendlebury, Beams, Swallow, Cotchin?

The Top 5 performers over the last 4 rounds are:

Dane Swan COL Mid $603,800.00 (136)
    Gary Ablett GCS Mid $554,800.00 (132)
    Scott Pendlebury COL Mid $492,100.00 (124)
    Dayne Beams COL Fwd/Mid $535,000.00 (119)
    Andrew Swallow NM Mid $483,400.00 (119)

I would recommend picking one of these and add a smokie to it. Of the 5, I would be looking to pair up Beams or Pendlebury. You could go 'Beams + Fyfe' giving you plenty of DPP. You could also try a premium mix of 'Pendlebury + Chapman'; 'Beams + Harvey'. In picking the most suitable, you might ask who has your opponent got?

As Xavi said, I too would be wary of jumping on Fyfe after such a long time out and coming into a Derby. And chances are everyone else will, so you have an oppurtunity to try something unique.

So, my first choice is going to be very unique and I'll list the rest in order of preference:
    1. Murphy + O'Keefe
    2. Pendlebury + Chapman
    3. Beams + Harvey

I agree on Fyfe, the guys a superstar but Port were fools not to tag him. Eagles wont make the same mistake. Plus that shoulder could pop at any minute.

Barlow is a better Freo option, averaging 94 at the moment, Breaks the 100 mark more often than not.

Gone for a gun midfield this week - Gary Ablett, Dane Swan, Scott Thompson, Andrew Swallow, Sam Mitchell and Luke Shuey :pac:

Anyone know what the story is with Steve Johnson and Adam Goodes?

I have both and Stevie J has screwed me the last two weeks. And I heard goodes went off with a hamstring last weekend? But both are named starting this week.

Cant decide on whether to trade one of them or risk it again.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Gone for a gun midfield this week - Gary Ablett, Dane Swan, Scott Thompson, Andrew Swallow, Sam Mitchell and Luke Shuey :pac:

Up against GAblett, Boyd, Beams, Rockliff, Priddis and Barlow :P

Mackman wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Steve Johnson and Adam Goodes?

I have both and Stevie J has screwed me the last two weeks. And I heard goodes went off with a hamstring last weekend? But both are named starting this week.

Cant decide on whether to trade one of them or risk it again.

Stevie J named in the foll. Goodes named in the full forward line. Unfortunatley not alot of forward options out there.

I've Stevie J as well so hoping he delivers a bit more than last week's one point :mad:

Dangerfield is a good option as a forward replacement if you do trade though considering he spends so much time in the middle.

Dangerfield is a good option as a forward replacement if you do trade though considering he spends so much time in the middle.

Rioli has been playing alot of time in the centre lately as well, picking up alot of cheap possession so could be a point of difference. However he has never made the step up to premiium and his consistancy is always a risk.

• Advertisement

I've Stevie J as well so hoping he delivers a bit more than last week's one point :mad:

I already have Dangerfield, I was thinking of getting Goddard in for Goodes. Ive only 2 trades left for the year though, seeing as both are named I might leave it till next week. Save the trades for finals.

I brought in Goddard last week, worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Went with Dangerfield and Watson. I know Essendon are on the decline and Watson will cop the tag without Stanton there but he's an absolute gun!

A solid 113 for Stevie J.

Finished season with 4th highest points total but didn't even make finals in H2H, sh1te :(

At least I get to concentrate on supercoach now!

Final League Ladder:
    LeagueLadder.jpg

League Finals:
    LeagueFinals.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

3rd overall, fancy my chances against Nick Maxwell this week too.

Dane Swan suspended by Collingwood for 2 weeks.. I only brought him in last week :rolleyes:

Through to the next round against Nick Maxwell. Hopefully I'll have my full squad returned by next week and push on for a preliminary final. Went crashing out of Supercoach as well. Great all year topping the league and lose the last 4 in a row :(

Through to the next round against Nick Maxwell. Hopefully I'll have my full squad returned by next week and push on for a preliminary final. Went crashing out of Supercoach as well. Great all year topping the league and lose the last 4 in a row :(

Wow, just looked at league there, you are 9th on points and scored <2000 this week and still in finals, I'd take that. Think you used up all your luck on DT so SC dried up all ;)

I beat Samantha by 4 points in SC this week but lost by 19 to favorite in work league. So close to knocking him off but Suckling getting subs vest killed me. Least I'm holding my own in league with 17 aussies and giving them lots of stick as well! One guy finished top 200 last year so competition is fierce.

I find SC way better than DT. Way more complex and realistic scoring and all footy fans I know only play SC. Any chance we can do it as our main league next season?

• Advertisement

jackbhoy wrote: »
    I find SC way better than DT. Way more complex and realistic scoring and all footy fans I know only play SC. Any chance we can do it as our main league next season?

This is my first time doing SC, as previously all my mates would play DT. Very impressed with it so will defo be doing it next year. I think Smantah set this up this year, so if we have a vote as to which league people want to do, or both next year maybe?

Advertisement