Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Had my first headache with Ryan Griffin being ruled out. Sam Mitchell got the call up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Just the 1 place left!! Hurry!!!

league code is: 146389

LOCKOUT!!

Swan's Captain Nick Maxwell has been added as the final place in the boards league so you can use beating him in DT as a claim to fame :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

So we are now locked out and tinkering has thankfully ceased. I (Tipperary Dockers) went with:

Deledio - Birchall - Broughton - Waters - Hargrave - Clarke - Ellis - Bugg - Morris

Pendlebury - Boyd - Ablett - Selwood - Goddard - Coniglio - Shiel - Magner

Leuenberger - Giles - Redden - Stephenson

Franklin - Fyfe - Martin - Sidebottom - Porplyzia - D.Smith - Hall - A.Kennedy - Dickson

Already planning on trading out one of my Richmond rookies in a few weeks and putting Goddard into the backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well that was a bit of a dissapointing round for me, Lake didnt step up in the backs, My captain (Swan), didnt shape up as well as id have hoped. Had a 0 up front too. One of my rookies didnt play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

same as that. Varcoe not playing cost me, and had a 0 on the emergency player, with the other forward getting over 110 points. Christianson for the Cats too cost me. If I had a decent score on him, plus the emergency for Varcoe I'd have got close to 2100 points, which is where you need to be at least.

Two players on the bench with 100+ killed me but a first week over 1900 is a decent foundations.

Told yis Lake would be shite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Didn't have such a bad overall total. The gamble on Izzy didn't pay off but it meant the zero on emergency forwards didn't matter. Left James McDonald (98) & James Magner (103) on the bench :(.
    Corey Enright!?! WFT - 38pts! Can only get better I suppose.
    Should've left Ablett as Captain instead of transferring it to Sandilands *bows respectfully*.
    Repeat to infinity: I WILL NOT WASTE TRADES THIS YEAR. :D
    *whispers* was happy with my Eagles contingent though... *let the self-flagellation begin* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Left bloody Pfeiffer in my side even though he wasnt playing, only remembered when walking into MCG and hadn't time to get him out. Enright big let down but glad I went Hargrave over Lake...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

When do the results go up? Checked it on Saturday and had 2nd lowest score in league but was playing the person with the lowest so Im hoping to hang on!

• Advertisement

When do the results go up? Checked it on Saturday and had 2nd lowest score in league but was playing the person with the lowest so Im hoping to hang on!

Head to head league doesn't start until R3, not sure what those match ups on site over weekend were about...

Xavi6 wrote: »

Haha. Good call. I did take your advice on that and went with Hargreave.

Shaw annoyed me, but my second choice was Broughton so can't complain. Only annoyance was I went with Dangerfield over Sloane, Shiel getting vested with Magner on the bench and Conca getting the sub. Overall though, happy with the start. Think it's my first 2000 start to a season. Usually it's a 1900.

Just 128 points seperate top 8/9. Very good scores in the league. Should be a good season :)

Mumford late withdrawal by Swans and didn't name an emergency in ruck, son of a b#%&*!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Two players on the bench with 100+ killed me but a first week over 1900 is a decent foundations.

Tell you something, he was far from ****e tonight!

Christ that was a dreadful round for my DT. Everything that could go wrong did. Most of my a-graders didnt get over 100, i had Franklin as my captain. I had Lake on the bench. Not a good start

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Tell you something, he was far from ****e tonight!

Yep he scored very well alright.

Made two trades ahead of the weekend because I can't afford any more doughnuts now.

Weedon (WCE) and Howard (WBD) dumped in favour of Milera (STK) and Grimes (RICH). Richmond's back have scored well so far and they play the Dees this week. I also saved some cash and have $75k available to upgrade a few positions over the coming weeks.

Definitely need another points scoring forward as a reserve so that'll be next week's target. Also time to give G. Ablett the captain's armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Had a good week (unlike most it seems!). Captain Ablett, Goddard, Delidio, Magner, Sandilands & my <whispers> WCE 3 </whisper> all brought me over 2100.
    When do the player salaries/values change? Am contemplating getting rid of Broc McCauley (4 playing Rucks is too many) & Corey Enright (bad start to season) before their values drop.

When do the player salaries/values change?

After Week 3 which is why I'm getting a few trades in now.

And the league kicks off ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

And the league kicks off ... :D

And my season takes a turn for the worse!

Going along nicely in the first 2 rounds, then the real stuff starts and Fyfe and Leuenberger go down early for 22 and 7 points respectively. Plus Dusty Martin continues his sh1t start and James Magner drops off from his huge scores in the first weeks. The only plus was that I remained on the Broughton rollercoaster for his ton.

• Advertisement

If I ever meet Greg Broughton I'm kicking him in the nads!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    And my season takes a turn for the worse!

Going along nicely in the first 2 rounds, then the real stuff starts and Fyfe and Leuenberger go down early for 22 and 7 points respectively. Plus Dusty Martin continues his sh1t start and James Magner drops off from his huge scores in the first weeks. The only plus was that I remained on the Broughton rollercoaster for his ton.

I feel your pain! Have Leuenberger, Magner AND Courtney Dempsey of Essendon limping off second quarter with a hamstring. Oh well, next week will be better! Damn, damn, damn!!!

Think everyone had a stinker in that round. The amount of spuds in my team I still can't understand how I made it above 2k. Only for the Little Master again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

Think everyone had a stinker in that round. The amount of spuds in my team I still can't understand how I made it above 2k. Only for the Little Master again!

Some of us stank more than others. It pains me to pick collingwood players, but then when they struggle to get points that hurts more. Between Cloke and Pendlebury I racked up 110 points...(sigh)

Adam Goodes appealing his one week suspension. He better win or I'll be needing a trade :mad:

Adam Goodes appealing his one week suspension. He better win or I'll be needing a trade :mad:

Thankfully Ballantyne is back this week so I might be able to cover him on the subs bench, and hopefully Fyfe can play, im holding off trading him until more news comes out

Mackman wrote: »
    Thankfully Ballantyne is back this week so I might be able to cover him on the subs bench, and hopefully Fyfe can play, im holding off trading him until more news comes out

I think you might be being very hopeful on Fyfe. I think he is done, and if they do rush him back he is going to do more damage. He will start to bleed out value leaving you down a premo. If I were you I'd do a switch to Mitch Robinson, or DPP Fyfe to MID and get in Barlow.

Trade it is so. Found guilty and given a week. No Brownlow for Goodes this year :P

I'd do a switch to Mitch Robinson

mother-god-meme.jpg

• Advertisement

He's been my star forward so far this season, and the way Carlton are playing it is hard to overlook their forward line. Plus the fact with Murphy, Gibbs and Judd, Robbo is never going to get the tag.

Advertisement