Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME in serious trouble

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

5284889d-addb-9432.jpg

Looks like Game in the UK have got a grip :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just said id bump this as i had a nice chunk of store credit retained on a Irish Game store card. I had emailed Game in the UK expecting a sorry but its a different region response but instead they said ring this number 0044 871 200 1221 and we will transfer the balance to a reward card you can use online!

Phone call took about 3 or 4 mins to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Just said id bump this as i had a nice chunk of store credit retained on a Irish Game store card. I had emailed Game in the UK expecting a sorry but its a different region response but instead they said ring this number 0044 871 200 1221 and we will transfer the balance to a reward card you can use online!

gamestop are doing a deal with them had feck all on my card but they gave me a few bob off a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

nerd69 wrote: »
    gamestop are doing a deal with them had feck all on my card but they gave me a few bob off a game

But how can Gamestop check what's on a Game card without access to Games computers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They give 10% off a pre-order if you give them your card. Nothing to say you can't still use the points online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I think you guys have the reward card and the gift card / trade in card mixed up.

I've said this quite a few times that the Gift cards are bank backed so should be safe. The reward cards situation was less clear but I believe were reactivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there any news about them possibly reopening stores here?

I think you guys have the reward card and the gift card / trade in card mixed up.

I've said this quite a few times that the Gift cards are bank backed so should be safe. The reward cards situation was less clear but I believe were reactivated.

the gift card is the one they used to put store credit on and only useable in ROI stores. the rewards card is the one where you gain points from purchases.

they will take the euro value on the gift card convert it to reward points on the reward card. you can then use the points from the reward card online or in UK stores to make purchases.

just means that 60 euro I thought was gone I can spend on their website instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just gave that a try there myself and everything seems to have gone smoothly, I should have £68 to spend on the GAME website within the next couple of days now.

Better than losing it altogether. Thanks for the info Grumpypants.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fascinating account of Game closures (from an insider).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-01-when-some-of-game-died-an-insiders-account

A really good read....

• Advertisement

I finally got my balance transferred over. Twice I've tried to order now and twice my orders have been cancelled. Just about to ring now but have you had any hassle getting your orders?

Ugh looks like they have blocked Irish numbers from being able to call their support lines.

Got around that by using some clever VOIP routing but seriously Game wtf? There's no use having the points at this stage if they're just going to keep cancelling my orders.

Not enjoying being on hold for the past 20 minutes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Achilles wrote: »
    Ugh looks like they have blocked Irish numbers from being able to call their support lines.

Got around that by using some clever VOIP routing but seriously Game wtf? There's no use having the points at this stage if they're just going to keep cancelling my orders.

Not enjoying being on hold for the past 20 minutes either.

That's whats up? No wonder I couldn't get through to them last week. That's seriously shady.

Yeah, we have a VOIP system in work with various dial out points in the UK amongst other places so luckily I was just able to VPN into that connection and dial out and get them...

Gave up after 20 minutes on hold though. Here's hoping they check their emails...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Yeah, we have a VOIP system in work with various dial out points in the UK amongst other places so luckily I was just able to VPN into that connection and dial out and get them...

Gave up after 20 minutes on hold though. Here's hoping they check their emails...

I wouldn't bet on it. I spent ages trying to find out the number to the GAME in belfast but in the end I just called 11811 and got it off them.

I finally got my balance transferred over. Twice I've tried to order now and twice my orders have been cancelled. Just about to ring now but have you had any hassle getting your orders?

I got Max Payne 3 but that was a while ago, think i will just use there download service pick up some PC games from the remaining £40 as it took so long for the post to come form the UK.

I wouldn't mind if they took ages to arrive as long as I can get what I'm actually owed.

Advertisement