Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

not as good as 3's deal as it doesnt include net.

20e top up, free calls (call any network at weekend) + texts + free net + free 10e credit.
    What are you talking about 100 minutes? I get 6000(3000+3000) minutes and only over that I get a warning, no extra cost. Try talking for 6000 minutes anyway.

also you get 10e free every single top up which I use to buy 2 extra months of net. (it's something like 4 or 5 euro a month). I can then webtext off my phone on cabbage for free and have 20e for use on calls, essentially meaning you only need to top up every two or three months on heavy usage. Also get 15 GB data.

I don't see how this 48 deal is in any way better?

Considering switching to Three, is the free 10e for switching?

The website says
    An extra €10 credit if you bring your number to Three and register with My3

I presumed this was a one off €10 (fairly paltry offer).
    Is it actually every time you top up? Is there an end date on it?

So if I understand correctly.... you run a cleverphone on Three and only need to top it up every couple of months or so how you outlined? Pretty neat.

Is this offer likely to end in April?

Do you go from 15gig data the month you top up to 500mb the months you don't?

Sorry for all the questions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

jondu wrote: »
    Cant see anywhere on their website where they require ID so you can say you are 18 :)

I signed up for a sim today and they emailed me saying they were going to do ''a backround check on me to see if i was 48 material'' i presume that means they were checking my age?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Alv_M wrote: »
    I signed up for a sim today and they emailed me saying they were going to do ''a backround check on me to see if i was 48 material'' i presume that means they were checking my age?
    I think it's a joke, all 48 correspondence contains these cringey little attempts at humour

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

phasers wrote: »
    I think it's a joke, all 48 correspondence contains these cringey little attempts at humour

It does sound too good to be true. I've ordered a new sim off them, i wasnt going risking giving them my number, that way i can always go back to my old number. And i've seen a credit machine that sells 48 credit so i wont have to buy it online :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Alv_M wrote: »
    It does sound too good to be true. I've ordered a new sim off them, i wasnt going risking giving them my number, that way i can always go back to my old number. And i've seen a credit machine that sells 48 credit so i wont have to buy it online :P

Yeah, I agree it does sound too good to be true... But I switched my number over 3 weeks ago and have used more minutes and texts so far this month than I used when I was paying 60euro a month...:D As I said before it is some deal... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The-Rigger wrote: »

Think you had to opt in at Christmas two years ago - at least that's what I did.
    I get a tenner free credit every month, so I'm basically paying €10 for unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls, free 3-3 calls anytime, and unlimited mobile internet & free Skype.

If I wasn't receiving the tenner back every month I'd nearly consider switching to 48, but their data plans are pretty poor as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I see internet offer is extended till the 30th April, lets hope they reconsider the €1 per hour and go with a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The-Rigger wrote: »

The website says

So if I understand correctly.... you run a cleverphone on Three and only need to top it up every couple of months or so how you outlined? Pretty neat.

Is this offer likely to end in April?

Do you go from 15gig data the month you top up to 500mb the months you don't?

Sorry for all the questions. :pac:

So many questions /dizzy :pac:

You get that initial 10e, and you get 10e EVERY time you top up, it's great. You can't use that 10e free to buy add-ons but you can use the 20e you arent really spending because everything is free.

Yes every 2-3 months I need to top up by 20E on a cleverphone(:-p)

They always extend these offers etc, thing it is already extended atm. If they don't they will lose all the business. They say that future offers are similar I believe.

Yep, 15 gig the top up month and then 500 on an add on month, which I don't ever go over, even though I use the net every day on it, watch youtube etc.

So yes the basic run though is I top up by 20, free stuffs for a month, at the end of the month buy a net top up for 5e. Get 10e free credit. Spend my credit on w/e. But I generally webtext from cabbage etc for free with the net topup. If by the third month I have a fiver I can spend left I use it on net again. Their data costs a fortune out of a deal and they dont warn you well when the month is up, so you have to watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

nava wrote: »
    I see internet offer is extended till the 30th April, lets hope they reconsider the €1 per hour and go with a better deal.
    Where have they said that the internet offer is extended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

walshy_c wrote: »
    Where have they said that the internet offer is extended?

It's here!

http://48months.ie/index/internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

What i would like to know is

when u send a text why does a +1745 keep coming up????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You get that initial 10e, and you get 10e EVERY time you top up, it's great. You can't use that 10e free to buy add-ons but you can use the 20e you arent really spending because everything is free.

They always extend these offers etc, thing it is already extended atm. If they don't they will lose all the business. They say that future offers are similar I believe.

Yep, 15 gig the top up month and then 500 on an add on month, which I don't ever go over, even though I use the net every day on it, watch youtube etc.

So yes the basic run though is I top up by 20, free stuffs for a month, at the end of the month buy a net top up for 5e. Get 10e free credit. Spend my credit on w/e. But I generally webtext from cabbage etc for free with the net topup. If by the third month I have a fiver I can spend left I use it on net again. Their data costs a fortune out of a deal and they dont warn you well when the month is up, so you have to watch out.

Thank you. :p

I can not make any calls.... Has anyone else any problems ??? My girlfriend is the same, can recieve calls... We both can recieve and send texts....Anyone know whats up ???

I can not make any calls.... Has anyone else any problems ??? My girlfriend is the same, can recieve calls... We both can recieve and send texts....Anyone know whats up ???

Did you add the €10 to the account? Not sure if after adding the €10 you need to go online to pay the membership, maybe you can contact them by email. to confirm.

False alarm... Calls are back... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

faolteam wrote: »
    What i would like to know is

when u send a text why does a +1745 keep coming up????
    Coming up where? I'm not getting any +1745

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

Basq wrote: »
    As for proving it, they may require a scan of passport or driving license - similar signing up to any site with gambling or lottery.

Photoshop please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Is anybody having problems connecting to the internet? My blackberry won't connect. I'm entering the settings as follows:

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Username – [blank]

Password - [blank]

Do you actually put "[blank]" for username and password or just leave blank?

I have purchased the data package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

just leave it blank. You do know that BlackBerry services wont work.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »

It's actually my brothers phone, have never used a blackberry myself... is services the balckbery messanging thing? the web browser will still work yeah?

cookie1977 wrote: »

It's actually my brothers phone, have never used a blackberry myself... is services the BlackBerry messaging thing? the web browser will still work yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

no BBM wont work but the browser might. If it doesnt try downloading the opera browser and you should be able to use that.
    http://mini.opera.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Me and my gf do the exact same thing plus lots of my friends use whatsapp so even less hassle than having to use cabbage after the first month.

I went 2months and 3 weeks without topping up and i get more use out of my phone than most people with a bill plan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How is whatsapp better? sounds good ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

How is whatsapp better? sounds good ^^

Well just its all in the one app, send and receive your messages there. Not much difference really. Sure its all great when its cheap.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Must I top up every month. Is it a requirement like bill pay?

Must I top up every month. Is it a requirement like bill pay?

To be able to make calls or text you will need to to pay membership. To receive them you won't need to top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Lads they do not check DOB
    Its a gimmick- thats worked,they dont give a toss how old you are as long as your a customer
    I ordered 2-one for me(27) one for the old man(62)-go figure....
    Cards arrived this morning but im having second thoughts because i dont want to lose my current phone number...is there a way around this?im 087 on meteor and wanna keep my current num and not go 089

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Lads they do not check DOB
    Its a gimmick- thats worked,they dont give a toss how old you are as long as your a customer
    I ordered 2-one for me(27) one for the old man(62)-go figure....
    Cards arrived this morning but im having second thoughts because i dont want to lose my current phone number...is there a way around this?im 087 on meteor and wanna keep my current num and not go 089

Thanks

Just port your number. Simples

Advertisement