Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS update for HTC sensation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

I would agree 100% with that ,i updated last thursday as well and the phone was a disaster over the weekend slow and battery dying in no time,switching off randomly but today it seems to be fine so fingers crossed its stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I upgraded yesterday and the phone was only a bit sluggish for a few minutes, a reboot sorted it and it's fine since.
    Lots of people complaining about HTC Sense ruining the ICS feel, but I have ICS on a Transformer too and there isn't the massive difference some would have you believe!
    I actually like Sense.. *runs for cover*

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Upgraded mine on Sunday, regretted it now. A lot of my apps like SkyGo and AIB mobile banking don't work no more. Also it seems to load pages a lot slower than before and tends to reboot itself when iam browsing. Not happy with it at all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Just installed ICS on HTC Sensation XE...

Some nice changes to email and the camera...a little laggy, but happy enough so far....

Nice option to clear all notifications at once
    Wish they would let me move the 'All Apps' button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There are really only a handful of changes, and it looks slightly different.

Was expecting a lot more, looks very different to the ICS on the One X or Nexus for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

:( I waited for so long...and all I got was disappointment!

Edit: I do like the new font though for messages and stuff..ya that's pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

:eek: please, anyone have a fix for this, updated to ics last night and all my photos are gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 imronburgundy

tallus wrote: »
    I started Here

Currently running This Rom.

Thank you. I may try this if still having as many glitches ofter official update.

Is it just me..or did they swap the sides for things like snooze and cancel on the alarm...it's like some sick joke...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Shlippery wrote: »
    Is it just me..or did they swap the sides for things like snooze and cancel on the alarm...it's like some sick joke...!!
    I yes indeed they did! Overslept because of that unwanted little change...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I think they also swapped the OK and delete buttons on the PIN unlock.
    Something not feeling right and I keep putting in my PIN and deleting the last digit.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I think they also swapped the OK and delete buttons on the PIN unlock.
    Something not feeling right and I keep putting in my PIN and deleting the last digit.
    This has been bugging me too

joanofarc wrote: »
    :eek: please, anyone have a fix for this, updated to ics last night and all my photos are gone :(

Same thing happened to me. Take out the battery while the phone is on, restart and it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bigears1

Hi
    any one have a workaround for Skygo on GS2 with ICS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I find my Sensation is now laggy (just tried post 12 and will see how that goes). I also can't get any data without going into wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Still no word on when three plan on rolling this puppy out?

I like the few changes except the reversed buttons for ok dismiss, and snooze.

What the **** were they thinkin? it's pissing me off to no end!!!!! What purpose did it serve!!? I thought I'd adjust by now but it just feels unnatural:(

After a few days of use it does seem quite laggy on certain apps. The switching of the cancel and ok buttons is catching me out too. I like the updated recent apps screen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Sniipe wrote: »
    I find my Sensation is now laggy (just tried post 12 and will see how that goes). I also can't get any data without going into wifi.

I tried the recommendation in post 12; I also did a restart and things are running better. Thinking of upgrading to HTC one tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

Just discovered a further ICS related update - this time for the settings application (Sensation with 4.03 on Meteor) when i went to system update.

No indication of what it does and no noticeable difference to settings afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My phone is beyond laggy since the update. Seems to have got even worse over the last week, and I only did a full wipe and restore a few weeks before the update. Everything is taking several if not many seconds to load.

Any suggestions as to what to do? Can I wipe and do a clean install of 4.0? Would a Factory Data Reset do this or is there a better way to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Zascar wrote: »
    My phone is beyond laggy since the update. Seems to have got even worse over the last week, and I only did a full wipe and restore a few weeks before the update. Everything is taking several if not many seconds to load.

Any suggestions as to what to do? Can I wipe and do a clean install of 4.0? Would a Factory Data Reset do this or is there a better way to do this?

I've been using ARHD ICS ROMs on my Sensation since January. One little trick i found on XDA helped the phone run much smoother and faster.

Settings>Develop Option>Apps>Background Process Limit. I changed the limit to 'At Most,2 Processes and this made a significant difference to the phone.

Give it a try,it may help.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks I just did a wipe and it runs perfect now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

lord lucan wrote: »
    I've been using ARHD ICS ROMs on my Sensation since January. One little trick i found on XDA helped the phone run much smoother and faster.

Settings>Develop Option>Apps>Background Process Limit. I changed the limit to 'At Most,2 Processes and this made a significant difference to the phone.

Give it a try,it may help.

I've been thinking of rooting & ROMing my phone after this update. I've done that Background Process Limit switch a few times but it seems to keep forgetting the setting and then goes slow again.

I was reading about your ROM on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603
    It seems interesting. Are there any gotchas if I put this on?
    I've done a format & wipe and use the tip above but the phone goes laggy after a few days. I'm fed up with messing about with it. I just want to put on a ROM and use it at the speed it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've been thinking of rooting & ROMing my phone after this update. I've done that Background Process Limit switch a few times but it seems to keep forgetting the setting and then goes slow again.

I was reading about your ROM on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1562603
    It seems interesting. Are there any gotchas if I put this on?
    I've done a format & wipe and use the tip above but the phone goes laggy after a few days. I'm fed up with messing about with it. I just want to put on a ROM and use it at the speed it used to be.

I've had no issues with the ROMs over the last couple of months. Currently up to 6.6.2 and the phone is flying. I found in the past that after a week or so the phone would become laggy and need a reboot to get her flying again. Haven't had that problem in a long time now.

That trick with the processes is undone any time the phone is rebooted,it reverts to standard limit. Forgot myself a few times after flashing a ROM and noticed the phone slowing down. As soon as i reset it there was no problem.

Battery life is excellent,mainly texting and web browsing with the odd phone call. As is normal,the screen is the biggest battery hog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Still no word on when three plan on rolling this puppy out?

3 had it in their twitter earlier that this was released today;

installing as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm on O2 and installing now .

Edit: I agree with others here, its really laggy

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Tony wrote: »
    I'm on O2 and installing now .

Edit: I agree with others here, its really laggy

I just downloaded it there. Seems fairly slick actually, I'm happy enough with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Really like the new update and found it very laggy yesterday but seems to have settled down a bit today after I restarted it this morning.

I'm still going to continue using the 360launcher though as got used to the 20 apps on each screen. Pity there wasn't an option to do this with sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I just downloaded it there. Seems fairly slick actually, I'm happy enough with it

I wonder what the issue is with mine, evertime it goes back to the home screen it shows the HTC logo screen. I've set the app max limit to two as kindly suggested earlier in the thread.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement