Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS update for HTC sensation

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Is there an update for this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 htcocacola

not as yet but its ment to be coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Unless you want to put a leaked version on, u wont have ur ICS update till around Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I rooted mine and installed a custom "Elegancia" rom ver 4.03 on it over the weekend. Looks nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

From HTC Ireland's Facebook page:

"HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon thereafter by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

YIPPEEEEEEEE

hopefully they sort out the sizing issues with emails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

If the official ICS from HTC is even half as good as the ICS ROM i'm running you'll see a huge improvement. My battery life is amazing compared to stock.

lord lucan wrote: »
    If the official ICS from HTC is even half as good as the ICS ROM i'm running you'll see a huge improvement. My battery life is amazing compared to stock.

When you say amazing.. how long are you getting between charges ?

I have to charge mine every day.

tallus wrote: »
    When you say amazing.. how long are you getting between charges ?

I have to charge mine every day.

Averaging at least 36 hours with moderate use. I used to have to charge it every evening as soon as i got in from work(having charged it for a bit in the morning before i went out).

lord lucan wrote: »
    Averaging at least 36 hours with moderate use. I used to have to charge it every evening as soon as i got in from work(having charged it for a bit in the morning before i went out).

Doesn't sound too bad. I only started using juice defender yesterday and it has made an improvement already.
    What rom are you running ? I'm using Elagancia.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote: »
    Doesn't sound too bad. I only started using juice defender yesterday and it has made an improvement already.
    What rom are you running ? I'm using Elagancia.

I'm on ARHD 6.2.1

Full Sense with no lag,great battery life,pretty much what i hoped the phone should've been like when i first bought it.

A little tip i pulled from XDA that might help with battery life is go into Settings>Develop Options and scroll to the bottom under Apps and limit Background Process Limit to 2 or 3. It does seem to help the battery and helps keep the phone running smooth and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Delighted to hear that the Desire HD is included in this update. It's been well over a year since it was released and to still see them supporting it is an encouraging sign that HTC will support future devices for longer now, rather then the one year that older devices seemed to get

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Just checked my sensation for software update ,there was one available so clicked to download it was a update for apps very small ,is this the start of prep for big ICS update ?

my phone is a T-Mobile that i brought home from the states .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

AndroidandMe have a list of phones they expect to be updated.

http://androidandme.com/2012/03/news/official-htc-android-4-0-handset-update-list-march/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Bluefoam wrote: »
    AndroidandMe have a list of phones they expect to be updated.

http://androidandme.com/2012/03/news/official-htc-android-4-0-handset-update-list-march/

Here's the official HTC blog post, for completeness:

http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/

No mention of the HTC Desire Z in their official list.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Just checked my sensation for software update ,there was one available so clicked to download it was a update for apps very small ,is this the start of prep for big ICS update ?

The Sensation XE has been update to ICS in germany, should be coming soon, lets hope your carrirer dosnt halt it.

ChriisM wrote: »

The Sensation XE has been update to ICS in germany, should be coming soon, lets hope your carrirer dosnt halt it.

When you say carrier, you mean provider right?

As in 3, Vodafone etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

When you say carrier, you mean provider right?

As in 3, Vodafone etc.......

My carrier is 02 but phone is branded T-mobile USA

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I asked on vodafone Ireland's facebook page when they expected to be rolling out the ICS update of their sensations. I was told sometime around May. That company is a joke. Guess I'm going to have to put it on myself when a proper rom is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

kendragon wrote: »
    I asked on vodafone Ireland's facebook page when they expected to be rolling out the ICS update of their sensations. I was told sometime around May. That company is a joke. Guess I'm going to have to put it on myself when a proper rom is released.

They'll need a month or two to put all their crapware that you don't want onto the "official" ROM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

At least you got an answer all I got told from Meteor was we don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 philkav

Looks like Sensations carriers are getting the update over the next week..
    29 March 2012: Updates for HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE
    For those of you with an HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE, we have some updates for you! Most European carriers will start rolling-out ICS for these devices this week. For carriers outside of Europe, we will be pushing updates over the next few weeks and will have specifics soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

They'll need a month or two to put all their crapware that you don't want onto the "official" ROM.

Ha.. I went away and rooted my phone and then went and got a custom ICS rom rather than wait. Then they updated my facebook query with "Oh I made a mistake on that date.. you should have the update in two weeks... :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

just checked my htc sensation (Vodafone phone). Downloading my system update now :)

Sniipe wrote: »
    just checked my htc sensation (Vodafone phone). Downloading my system update now :)

Arghhhhhhh. Still waiting with Three

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

My battery life still crap was hoping it would improve with the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Downloaded the update there now (on Vodafone). Seems to feel slower and not as responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

recyclebin wrote: »
    Downloaded the update there now (on Vodafone). Seems to feel slower and not as responsive.

I'm having the same problem...
    Hugely annoyed.
    And it's nothing like the "real" ICS because of the stupid htc sense...
    I love the sensation but hate sense

gollywog wrote: »
    Hugely annoyed.

so did you get the sense 4.0 update as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

gollywog wrote: »
    Hugely annoyed.

so did you get the sense 4.0 update as well?
    Ya but not sense 4.0, sense 3.6....its like a horrible mix of gingerbread sense with the very odd bit of ICS mixed in.

Advertisement