Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement rings: Diamonds & Vanity?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I can guess which is his and which is hers. Not my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I saw this picture on Facebook earlier and immediately thought of this thread. Now THIS is the kind of quirky rings I would go for if I were into the whole marriage thing :D

Perfect for the Romantics who want to express their strong bond and close fit, and the Cynics who think they're getting screwed. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I can guess which is his and which is hers. Not my thing.

Actually I would have said the screw is hers (it has a diamond) and the bolt is his. It amuses me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I when I was growing up always wanted a ruby surrpunded by synthetic diamonds.

I mean, as a scientist, it's just a bunch of Carbon atoms together, its the thought that counts!!

I'm not engaged yet but would love something like this : http://blogs.wsj.com/runway/2008/12/11/lunchtime-snap-engagement-bling-loses-some-sparkle/

(ignore articical, just look at the big ring :O )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My late grandmothers ring is waiting for me. It's gorgeous. Gold band, 4 white diamonds either side of a ruby stone with is raised above the others. It's really beautiful and it has huge sentimental meaning too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

People who judge other people's wedding rings need to get over themselves
    and that includes people who shame women for wanting diamonds,

not all diamonds are blood diamonds FFS

People who judge other people's wedding rings need to get over themselves
    and that includes people who shame women for wanting diamonds,

Define Blood Diamond and come up with a system of proving it or GTFO
    The Kimberley Process is a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

My partner got me a white gold diamond ring and I don't wear it , I'm embarrassed to be wearing a diamond because its not me and I'm allergic to it fml he's gonna think I don't love him :pac: I just want a little silver ring its only a symbol after all and I don't understand why people want to walk around with 1000's worth of jewelry on them :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So much judgement in one little thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Honey-ec wrote: »

Was just thinking the same thing.

Are people not entitled to their own tastes anymore? Simple or extravagant, it's nothing to do with me what people want to put on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stop judging me you judger :mad::pac:

Cedrus wrote: »

Fair enough, there's no no way of knowing.

But you should still back the f*ck off telling other women what to do, its none of your damn business where they got their ring.

And not wanting a diamond ring is fine also, but it doesn't make you super unique morally better.

But you should still back the f*ck off telling other women what to do, its none of your damn business where they got their ring.

And not wanting a diamond ring is fine also, but it doesn't make you super unique morally better.

:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

:eek::eek:

You were asking for it, in fairness.

You were asking for it, in fairness.

Why? How?

For questioning the Kimberly Process?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Why? How?

For questioning the Kimberly Process?

For requesting that she get the f*ck out if she couldn't define blood diamond and prove it?!

But you should still back the f*ck off telling other women what to do, .....

I only spoke the lingua franca.

I only spoke the lingua franca.

"FFS" was mild enough expression of exasperation I used and not directed at anyone in particular.

I don't take rudeness from anyone on these boards, you told me to GTFO which is pretty nasty, how did you expect me to respond?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK folks lets dial it back please, we're among friends. Thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement