Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers - March 10th. Venue?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dark Chocolate

March 16th - Friday
    What, you want a venue so you can do a bit of pole dancing? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    Ouuh I'd love to learn how to pole dance. Maybe another time though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

March 16th - Friday
    Anyone got an ideas on venues. I don't know anywhere in Dublin, so Baby might be able to help with that one and a pole.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    Whoops, shows what happens when I'm thinking of a hundred things at once. Meant to say a poll could be added :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

March 16th - Friday
    Anyone got an ideas on venues. I don't know anywhere in Dublin, so Baby might be able to help with that one and a pole.

I think a poll is a bad idea - you're better off just choosing a venue.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

March 16th - Friday
    Yeah the last time we had a poll for the venue and it just ended badly. TBH I'm also not in a position to organise this beers, I organised the last like, 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

March 17th - Saturday
    Will we just agree on a venue for march 10th and see who turns up? We dont need to book anything

Feb 24th - Friday
    Sadly I won't be able to attend this event. 21st cropped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sapere_aude

Hope nothing crops up between now and then! Very much looking forward to my first queer beers (with boardsies)

March 16th - Friday
    Hey guys I won't make this one as my Godson is getting Christened so I'm away for the full weekend.

Enjoy though!!!

• Advertisement

Feb 24th - Friday
    Even though a few of us can't come to the event, why not agree on a location and a time? Ye can always move on to a different location afterwards.

March 17th - Saturday
    i think most of us must be doing what im doing - seeing if anyone else is still going. id like to but it totally depends on if anyone is still going.
    i dont feel i should tell people a time and place when i may not even be there myself.
    its a choice between beers and a family dinner for me!

March 16th - Friday
    Who can actually make it on the 10th?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Can't go, midterm exams and deadlines around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

March 2nd - Friday
    Apologies for this 'cause I said I could make it. . .but I am not sure anymore. I may have to attend a business dinner, I will only know for sure midweek.
    Again, sorry.

March 16th - Friday
    Who can actually make it on the 10th?

Noone?

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The last Boards Beers I went to was held in Messers Maguires. I'd recommend the place due to the fact the beer is reasonably priced (€4 for inhouse brew!), the atomosphere is relaxed and the music is at a comfortable volume so there's no need to scream.

That's my suggestion anyhow. :)

March 16th - Friday
    Looks like everyone is bailing out?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

March 17th - Saturday
    I'm still up for it. And so is a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BiMankind

Has this night out ended before it's begun? I'm a new poster and a lurker and I've been keeping an eye on this as an opportunity to introduce myself. But, being a bit hesitant and not great at conversation in social settings, I'm not going to be turning up if it's going to be the proverbial 'one man and his dog' effort.

• Advertisement

March 17th - Saturday
    A lot of people had to back out - work, family stuff, events etc. so a place and time was never planned as there was little interest when so many pulled out. It will no doubt be rearranged for a different day as beers is semi regular

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

March 17th - Saturday
    So the night is definitely not going ahead? Major bummer! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

so it was all for naught?
    I feel partially responsible since I more or less planted the seed then went and got booked for a gig on the date decided on.

I'm starting work down the country soon so I won't be able to fix this failed meet by my effort alone.

I found an LGBT forum "gaire" who regularly arrange meet ups. there is one planned march 31st.
    (this is not an ad, and to prove it, you're gonna have to put 'www.' and '.com' onto it yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Told ya it should have been on 17th! I'll be about Dublin anyway so maybe if other Boardsies are about on that date we could arrange something for Saturday?

I'll be in town this Saturday at the Karaoke in the George, if any 'you wanna come listen to me make a fool of myself.

We'll probably be in the Dragon and pub crawling before that, I wonder if I can convince everyone to go to the George for a bit. After not liking it last time, probably not, but I'll see what I can do. The opportunity to laugh at someone trying to sing (especially when drunk) is too good to pass up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

March 17th - Saturday
    You do realise with the last ever AMI on and St Paddy's day everywhere will be mobbed. Trying to arrange a boards meetup on this particular day is just silly ;)

I forgot about that. On second thoughts a nice weekend down home in Mayo weekend seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

(kicks back with a cuppa)

No singing in the George? Awww, I was looking forward to a good laugh, and maybe getting a pint with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

March 9th - Friday
    Paddyc, autogroove - are ye in the g or the dragon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement