Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shady Dealer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Firstly, thread cleaned to an extent.

Secondly, no you cannot name the Dealer in question.

Thirdly, anyone who describes the Dealer using derogatory terms will be banned.

Interesting !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It is an annoyance in Ireland.
    In the UK there would be BBC Watchdog plastering the dealer's face all over the TV and the internet, with a caption that says: This is Mr Robert Jones of 34 Everglade Drive, he is the CEO of Bloomingdale Enterprises, he is a shady dealer, do NOT do busines with him!"
    In Ireland, the most a cowboy can expect is that "Some dealer" has "allegedly" engaged in bad business practice.
    And so they continue, laughing in their sleep, knowing that if anyone outs them, they can just sue and make even more money out of their dishonesty and crookery.
    The boys looking out for de boys, don't worry, I got ya, if anyone says anything, I'll slap 'em down so hard, they won't know what hit him. Pub?
    It is such a small, inbred country, Sean will always look out for Seamus, sure didn't I go to school with him. And that is why crooks, thieves and conmen will always be allowed to carry on with impunity.
    As long as you're a member of the boy's club, you're sorted.

It is an annoyance in Ireland.
    In the UK there would be BBC Watchdog plastering the dealer's face all over the TV and the internet, with a caption that says: This is Mr Robert Jones of 34 Everglade Drive, he is the CEO of Bloomingdale Enterprises, he is a shady dealer, do NOT do busines with him!"
    In Ireland, the most a cowboy can expect is that "Some dealer" has "allegedly" engaged in bad business practice.
    And so they continue, laughing in their sleep, knowing that if anyone outs them, they can just sue and make even more money out of their dishonesty and crookery.
    The boys looking out for de boys, don't worry, I got ya, if anyone says anything, I'll slap 'em down so hard, they won't know what hit him. Pub?
    It is such a small, inbred country, Sean will always look out for Seamus, sure didn't I go to school with him. And that is why crooks, thieves and conmen will always be allowed to carry on with impunity.
    As long as you're a member of the boy's club, you're sorted.

My sentiments entirely!
    One has to ask, who is protecting whom?

My sentiments entirely!
    One has to ask, who is protecting whom?

Was this case ever resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Firstly, thread cleaned to an extent.

Secondly, no you cannot name the Dealer in question.

Thirdly, anyone who describes the Dealer using derogatory terms will be banned.

This is the answer i was given from the higher powers. This is final.

• Advertisement

Point taken. However was the issue resolved? Yes? Or No?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JoeRadd

Point taken. However was the issue resolved? Yes? Or No?

No not yet, this week I will be given an order I can give to the sheriff. I'll make sure to post when/if I get my cash back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Whoops, I misread your post. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Was your case taken again the business alone or the individuals? If its against the business, who is to say it even exists anymore?

No problem!

• Advertisement

No problem!

Just got call from the sheriff who is enroute out there now

The judgement is against a sole trade so should be enforceable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

JoeRadd wrote: »
    Just got call from the sheriff who is enroute out there now

The judgement is against a sole trade so should be enforceable

Best of luck Joe. Hope it's sorted for you today.

Yeah he was calling for directions, hopefullyI'll hear on Monday

Yeah he was calling for directions, hopefullyI'll hear on Monday

Any update Joe.?

Any update Joe.?

Yeah, Dublin city sheriff took it but turns out its Dublin county sheriff territory so they passed it on. I gotta follow up with them in the morning. I'll keep this thread going as I hear more.

Yeah, Dublin city sheriff took it but turns out its Dublin county sheriff territory so they passed it on. I gotta follow up with them in the morning. I'll keep this thread going as I hear more.

Joe,
    Well done, keep up the good work, and keep us posted. It is great to see what can be achieved by standing up to these bullies and chancers. Without doubt there are genuine garages out there , who do the best for their customers. Good on you Joe. Best wishes,

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

What happened with the car? Did you get it sorted?

Robertr wrote: »

Hi Joe, any news?

Robertr wrote: »

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Would a PM not get you a more regular response RE the progress of the case?

• Advertisement

guttenberg wrote: »
    Would a PM not get you a more regular response RE the progress of the case?

There are quite a few parties interested in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Even after reading five pages of this thread I cannot stop asking the same question.

You really brought a car from a 2nd hand dealer on a test drive, noted an engine warning light, noted contamination in the oil, didnt like the clutch, AND THEN YOU BOUGHT THE BLOODY THING???

Dear oh dear. No wonder these cowboys stay in business.

Still waiting on the sheriff, slow going this is. The clutch was fine, just noted the biting point was a lot shorter than the last car I owned, nothing wrong with it, the rest, yes I was an idiot to believe they would fix the stuff I noted.

Still waiting on the sheriff, slow going this is. The clutch was fine, just noted the biting point was a lot shorter than the last car I owned, nothing wrong with it, the rest, yes I was an idiot to believe they would fix the stuff I noted.

Any update? No you are not an idiot. You simply trusted the guy to deliver what he said he would. It would be interesting to know how many others he has fobbed off. These cowboys should be locked up. It would certainly tidy up the Motor Industry. There are still quite a few decent garage men out there

Any update? No you are not an idiot. You simply trusted the guy to deliver what he said he would. It would be interesting to know how many others he has fobbed off. These cowboys should be locked up. It would certainly tidy up the Motor Industry. There are still quite a few decent garage men out there

STILL! waiting, although the sheriff assured me he'd get to it this week, will let you's know Monday wheni call them

Just a quick update, apparently the sheriff knows the man from another garage in the Naas rd area and he's part of a 'Mafia' style operation where a 'Godfather' gives out cars to a number of garages mostly from the we buy your scrap car deals and gets them to shift them for him. the sheriff is being fairly useless and seems to think he wont find a car registered to him at the address. is there anyway to check out who owns a car from the reg as i think the sheriff isnt arsed.

GARDAI

GARDAI

Would they just tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Officially no, but the right chat with a friendly guard may (or may not) work, no harm trying in trying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

been following this since beginning, first comment. That Sheriff sounds a right slacker, stating "seems to think he wont find a car registered to him at the address", he won't know until he tries. I'd keep on at him, several times a week.

Advertisement