Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain alerts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Picked up a pair of olive coloured thermal thinsulate trousers today discounted in aldi to 6.49 euro. Half price.
    Said ladies,but ok for a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Camping gear on in Lidl today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Lidl have BBQ supplies which includes firefighters at €2.49.
    What is different is that they are wax impregnated wood shavings!
    I've just tried and they light up easily with a fire steel spark.
    Useful, waterproof, firelighting aids to have in the bag.
    The "bushcraft" version of this is quite expensive!

3 pieces fit nicely into a plastic bank coin bag.

Halfords Essential compact first aid kit.

50% off. Now 5 euro.

• 1 x Triangular Bandage (96cm x 96cm x 136cm)
    • 2 x Alcohol Wipes
    • 1 x Pair of Gloves
    • 5 x Waterproof Plasters
    • 2 x Medium Bandages (12cm x 12cm)
    • 2 x Wound Pads
    • 2 x Burn Pads (5cm x 7.5cm)
    • 1 x Microporous Tape (1.25cm x 5m)
    • 1 x Emergency Foil Blanket (160cm x 210cm)
    • 1 x Instructions for use
    • Bag Dimensions are approximately 17 x 12 x 5cm
    Seems a good price for what your getting.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_1026217_langId_-1_categoryId_212501?cm_re=Pillar+Pages-_-content6-_-firstaid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭hexosan

Aldi have the power banks & Lidl have a solar charger on thurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

In tkmax the other night, they have 30 liter trespass rucksacks for €29.99 Good size for a bob or day sack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

In tkmax the other night, they have 30 liter trespass rucksacks for €29.99 Good size for a bob or day sack

There's 50% off everything on the trespass website at the moment actually.

Thur 10th july in Aldi.

Have'nt noticed this in Aldi before so may be of use to someone.

maslin pan.large lockable carry handle,side handle and easy pour spout,capacity marking for accurate measuring,suitable for all hobs including induction.Looks like its made of stainless steel. 24.99 euro.

Preserving jars with lids 4 x 2lb jars or 8 x 1lb jars 4.99 euro each.

Preserving Thermometer.Jam Funnel.Long handle jam Spoon. Long handle Spatula. 4.99 euro each.

Jam sugar with addded pectin (for fruits low in pectin) 1.99 euro.

No link yet.

• Advertisement

Helly Hansen men's Down jacket XL only. 57.60 euro including

free delivery at sports direct.(last few left)

http://www.sportsdirect.com/helly-hansen-dubliner-down-jacket-mens-443367?colcode=44336703

Same jacket on amazon with free delivery £143.99 sterling on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helly-Hansen-Mens-Dubliner-Jacket/dp/B00575CU9M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404332446&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=elly+hansen+dubliner+down+jacket+mens

If usually take a large in jackets the XL in HH should be an ok fit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Last few gone :(

Too bad the rest went so quick.
    Looks like the night owls got the last few.
    Just as well i did'nt wait until this morning to put my order in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Pretty decent value. I'm comparing against buckets for brewing (also food safe) but they'd be about twice the price for similar volume.

Yup 7.99 euro looks good for a 39 litre screw lid drum.
    Do you need buy a pallet of them? what's the postage like?

i've got some smaller food grade tubs with lids , ones up to 16 litres from bulkpowders.

16 litre 4.99 euro.(holds 5kg)

11 litre 3.75 euro.

3.5 litre 2.49 euro.

All orders up to 30 kg 4.95 euro delivery.

http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/accessories/empty-tubs/empty-tub.html

No, found a stock of them in a local hardware shop. The kind of shop that stocks all sorts of random things.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Roy Batty

TK Maxx currently have a camelbak Linchpin and Hawg backpacks.

The Linchpin is tan in colour, selling for 140 euro

The Hawg is black, selling for 100 euro

Both the Blanchardstown and Carrickmines shops seem to have 2 or 3 of each as of this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChillMhantain

Not sure I've seen it mentioned on the forum before or peoples thoughts on it, but Aldi have Tea Tree Oil for <€4 (€10+ in Boots). Not sure if it a permanent stock or just their (leftover) weekly random stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Dealz have vinyl-like pouches at the moment, with a reinforced eyelet and double seal. The material is smooth but durable. opaque on one side.

I'm using the smallest of the three for Passport and various documents. You can turn down the neck of the pouches and still be clear of the double seal, to provide a bit more protection.

€1.50 for a pack of three.

3pouchesdealz.jpg

pouchdealzpassport.jpg

smallestpouchdealz.jpg

Photos taken in Dealz, Dún Laoghaire, South County Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Euro store (beside Abbey street Luas, Dublin City Centre) currently have 12 item velcro 'cable tidy' packs for €2. I was a bit here and there about them, from the point of view of quality control, but, having used them, they're okay.

Bind something up tight and you're set. I'm using them for various cables, power cables, weather proofed cable (stiff) for a Yagi etc. Keeps everything bound and tidy.

The lenght of strap you have to work with, is just over 6" (inches). 7" and a half, including the loop.

I'm quite sure there's a few Chinese sites where you can get similar for cheaper, but for over the counter, it might be handy for someone..

IMG_20140829_091305x.jpg

IMG_20140818_181253x.jpg

It's quite likely that other outlets in the Euro chain stock the same item.

Knorr pasta bolognese. €1.50 in tesco Finglas. 604 kcal a packet (serves 2) just add 500 ml of water. Lot cheaper then some survival rations!! BB date 10/2015

Always a useful thing to have around the house - almost half price angle grinder
    http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=4507904

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Always a useful thing to have around the house - almost half price angle grinder
    http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=4507904

Aldi had the mini grinder last week for €25

hexosan wrote: »
    Aldi had the mini grinder last week for €25

Should've told us last week so :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Aldi have a small axe in tomorrow. For €7, you can't go that far wrong. https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/small-axe-1/

The insulation might be handy for swingers in the cold weather too. (For your hammock!)
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/multi-purpose-insulation-wrap/

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Should've told us last week so :pac:;)

Better late than never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,503 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ £10 on halfords.com

1 million candlepower (candelas) equates to

100 lux at 100 metres,
    200 lux at 70 metres,
    400 lux at 50 metres,
    1000 lux at c. 32 metres,
    2000 lux at c. 23 metres,
    5000 lux at c. 14 metres,
    10000 lux at 10 metres...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

This is a weird one, the price of silver is dropping, lowest since 2010, honestly might be worth getting some for a rainy day. Just make sure you don't loose it in a terrible boating accident

Lamp is 3W LED, still grand but not as bright as I expected. Comes with fitted alkaline AA batteries.

Leaflet says not to fit both D and AA batteries at the same time (poster on the main BA thread said he bought last year and returned it because it did not seem to work on D batteries - this may have been the issue though).

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't forget to check out the Christmas food specials which are appearing on the shelves in the supermarkets, there is a lot of high energy stuff with long BBD's.

Stuff to look out for in Lidl where I shop are things like rich fruit cakes and Christmas puddings. Christmas puds have a April 2016 BBD and will keep much longer. One of my favourites is the single serving mini Christmas Pudding at €1.29. In an emergency cooking them is a bit more difficult than just heating as ideally they need steaming but that just means leaving them in a pan of near boiling water for 30 mins. Marzipan in various forms of sweets also turns up in lidl at this time of year.

Then remember to keep an eye out after Christmas when the same stuff often gets reduced.

OK so I've stocked up on mini Christmas puddings so I can now feast for a few weeks on the ones I bought last year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Esel wrote: »
    Lamp is 3W LED, still grand but not as bright as I expected. Comes with fitted alkaline AA batteries.

Leaflet says not to fit both D and AA batteries at the same time (poster on the main BA thread said he bought last year and returned it because it did not seem to work on D batteries - this may have been the issue though).

Have you used the lamp much? How you finding it?

aaakev wrote: »
    Have you used the lamp much? How you finding it?
    Not yet. On-off switch seems to be a bit dodgy.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Not sure if this should go in the Zombie survival forum or here, you guys decide.

You too can own one of these beauties, useful in many scenarios, for the princely sum of 4.99!!!! :eek:

324643.jpg

Cash and carry stores (sadly only in Offaly and Gorey I believe) although maybe sold elsewhere.

And of course, remember these aren't machete's, they're gardening tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Machetes are illegal, unfortunately.

Gardening tools, you say?

How long is the blade on that anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Stanley 12 in 1 MultiTool in B&Q 8euro in sale - they had a good dozen or so left up the far end near the cement and stuff (Edit forgot to say Waterford Store) but no prices on them check at the counter the price hasn't changed.

Small Leatherman type pliers with some other tools in the handles, not brilliant compared any Leatherman but worth the 8euro.

Yellow anodised alloy folding handles, in presentation bumox.

btw notices the hobnobs are still in Lidl and 300g packs are actually 99p.

not worth the eight quid, these would hardly cut twine, they had some in lidls three weeks ago for about 12 pound what's much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

wexie wrote: »
    Not sure if this should go in the Zombie survival forum or here, you guys decide.

You too can own one of these beauties, useful in many scenarios, for the princely sum of 4.99!!!! :eek:

324643.jpg

Cash and carry stores (sadly only in Offaly and Gorey I believe) although maybe sold elsewhere.

And of course, remember these aren't machete's, they're gardening tools.

Where in offaly is that okace

Machetes are illegal, unfortunately.

Gardening tools, you say?

How long is the blade on that anyway?

Geez I'd have to go measure it but it's well over a foot long, probably closer to foot and a half, they're marked slashing knives I think, for brambles of course :rolleyes:

Might have been hacking knife as well.....Can't quite remember, somehow in my head it translated as zombie emergency tool

Where in offaly is that okace

They're in riverside retail park in tullamore :

http://www.cashncarrydirect.ie/about_us.php?PHPSESSID=4df66c502cd2bb2172bd0e2c1e546ccb#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Geez I'd have to go measure it but it's well over a foot long, probably closer to foot and a half, they're marked slashing knives I think, for brambles of course :rolleyes:

Might have been hacking knife as well.....Can't quite remember, somehow in my head it translated as zombie emergency tool

C'mere, I wasn't being sarcastic: I wouldn't mind having one. I'll leave that aspiration right there though, as we are all being civilised on the internet.

No sign of them in that link.

I'll leave that aspiration right there though, as we are all being civilised on the internet.

Sure I'll pick you one up next time I'm there and drop it in the post, be interesting to see what happens :D

(also be interesting to see what would happen if I went in there to buy a whole load of them to send out to Boardsies)

hexosan wrote: »
    No sign of them in that link.

Probably isn't just put that there to show the address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

15% off total from survivalmetrics.com with code Survival

10% off from goinggear.com with code PM101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

have one of them meself.got it in the same shop.if i remember correctly its advertised as a gardening tools.
    always in the fishing bag for new spots i find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Dunnes stores have Erin/Campbells condensed soups for a Euro a can (or 2 for 2euro depending which ones) ending 11/11/2014. Check BBD as most should be good for 2 years but often the stock rotation is poor on canned stuff. Normally they are €1.65 a tin

Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Tomato, Mild Curry (new one on me) Beef and veg etc all are good as soups and good bases for cooking like Cream of Chicken and a can of chicken chunks and your 99% of the way to a decent chicken supreme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement