Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Tragedy wrote: »
    Anyone honest will admit they've had this happen at least once. Probably more than once. Fair played to owning up and posting the video.
    Guilty, your honour. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

What tyres do you have on there? :D

pick n mix bag. Front tyres are evergreen and hifly, one is only a couple of months old.

back ones are federal and minerva.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jimbis wrote: »
    Some windscreen hits from stray objects.... (Brown trouser moments):D
    Jesus some of them are really scary, especially the (older?) cars where the windscreen completely shatters.
    I had a small windscreen chip a couple of months ago and the noise was unreal. I didn't know where I'd been hit. Brown trousers is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Can't imbed the video but came across this on BBC's site.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-30028249

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

renofan wrote: »
    Can't imbed the video but came across this on BBC's site.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-30028249

Wow, no more licence for Mr. Golf

Dangerous driving
    Driving without due care
    Dangerous overtaking
    Wreck-less endangerment
    (Uk equivalent of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How would they prove who the driver is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

bear1 wrote: »
    How would they prove who the driver is?

The driver is the registered owner of the car unless proven otherwise.

The driver is the registered owner of the car unless proven otherwise.

Ok got ya. I was just wondering if the driver could use the old "it wasn't me driving and I can't remember who took the car" excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

bear1 wrote: »
    Ok got ya. I was just wondering if the driver could use the old "it wasn't me driving and I can't remember who took the car" excuse.

Nah, otherwise no one would ever get penalty points :)

Nah, otherwise no one would ever get penalty points :)

Unless you have a friend with a foreign licence ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The car ripped straight from the field rather than the road, perhaps it was stolen? Drunk driver? Unbelievable that the truck missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

"Is that still filming me?"
    "Yes. Do you want me to switch it off, officer?"
    "No. Leave it running so you can show all your mates that you got a big telling off from a police officer on a horse."

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It won't happen again
    :pac:...

22 maybe. Ha! I read at least 55 on his speedo. Lucky man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

The man was only pulling a wheelie, then along came the high horse brigade............sorry I'll leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

22 maybe. Ha! I read at least 55 on his speedo. Lucky man

67 is the highest I could read. Or roughly, 110km/h

Video says:
    Just to make clear to everyone bike has modification on sprockets so speed is not accurate at all
    But I think that's a pretty obvious attempt to say 'Here's me uploading this clip, let's all have a *wink*wink* *nod*nod* and enjoy the clip for what it is'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

F*** your Yamaha, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

suzuki methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What is it that so many drivers find hard to understand about staying in their own lane? I would say at least 1/4 of the time I go through this junction the people in the right lane drive straight across blocking off the left lane.

This is a particularly brilliant example, asshole blocks lane then goes full on road rage when he gets his own medicine back.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    What is it that so many drivers find hard to understand about staying in their own lane? I would say at least 1/4 of the time I go through this junction the people in the right lane drive straight across blocking off the left lane.

This is a particularly brilliant example, asshole blocks lane then goes full on road rage when he gets his own medicine back.

You don't sound African.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Some pretty awful driving from both of you. I would of held back both times he crossed into my lane and kept my distance. Cutting up the car indicating to turn left in the bus lane was far worse than his poor lane discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

This was posted last year ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mickey measuring.

I'm betting a fiver on three pages.

1 Page 5/1
    2 Pages 7/1
    3 Pages Evens
    4 Pages 10/1
    spurious wrote: »
    Mickey measuring.

There's a stereotype joke to be had there somewhere.

Welcome to Dublin have a nice day?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Euro general (originally 2Euro shop) put up on their FB page that they have dash cams in stock for 10E.
    just to let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You don't sound African.

There is no call for racism here pal. :rolleyes:
    n0brain3r wrote: »
    Some pretty awful driving from both of you. I would of held back both times he crossed into my lane and kept my distance. Cutting up the car indicating to turn left in the bus lane was far worse than his poor lane discipline.

Wind your neck in, or at least point it somewhere else. The video is not mine, just popped up on utube and caught my interest as I have seen the same thing there countless times as well as having a colleague who had an idiot crash into him doing exactly the same manouvere there.

I don't agree with the way the camera car cut up the red car in the bus lane at all but to be fair the car only started indicating as he passed it. The SUV driver was the instigator and by far the worst out of the pair of them. Swerving into the other car on purpose, accelerating to cut in front and slam on the brakes. No question but that guy deserves a lengthy driving ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

That was posted and discussed at length before. .. terrible driving from both etc. etc. etc.

Next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Vic_08 wrote: »

That is just total disregard for the rules of the rd... Like where does the cyclist get off, running a red light like that?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement