Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What is the best format to transfer to youtube and keep 1080p? MIne are getting spoiled in conversion to .avi

For example this cyclists is colour blind. But its all fuzzy on youtube.

He may be colour blind yet you crossed a solid white line surrounding hatched markings. Does that make you outright blind or should we just work with "he without sin" for this one? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

When insurance scams go wrong!!
    http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=bfc_1405832575

His mistake was picking a glasses wearing Asian woman to jump in front of, the perfect storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Odelay

gallag wrote: »

His mistake was picking a glasses wearing Asian woman to jump in front of, the perfect storm.

Don't think he'll be doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You might want to put a warning on that video. While not very graphic a guy does get rolled over.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Stealing the top rated liveleak comment in a poor attempt to gain thanks isn't cool gallag!

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    You might want to put a warning on that video. While not very graphic a guy does get rolled over.

I chose to believe people are smart enough to gather that from the description.

Stealing the top rated liveleak comment in a poor attempt to gain thanks isn't cool gallag!

Fella, it's just the Internet, I thought it was funny and shared it, sorry you are offended by my lack of originality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Odelay wrote: »
    Don't think he'll be doing that again.

He sure won't. I had an urban guerrilla a few years back, he's walk down the middle of the street and as traffic approached he'd scream and put on a Maorai Warrior Face.

He scared quite a few women doing that. He did it to me once and I just floored it, a two ton Transit with a tonne of cargo ~ no contest he got the bigger fright.

But that wasn't enough, on another delivery day in another street he turned around as he heard my engine, he raised his fist an lunged, I accelerated so he hit full force on the back of the van.

As I passed around again a little later he was sitting on a step nursing his wrist. Never saw him again after that, and as importantly I heard no more scared women phoning into the local radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

MugMugs wrote: »
    He may be colour blind yet you crossed a solid white line surrounding hatched markings. Does that make you outright blind or should we just work with "he without sin" for this one? ;)

A completely unreasonable rule to enforce in this example , but you are indeed correct.

Reported to the Garda . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

How do you view the video?
    It doesn't appear for me at all. :confused:

2cx7o03.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

PeteK* wrote: »
    How do you view the video?
    It doesn't appear for me at all. :confused:

Same for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

TheBody wrote: »
    Gosub wrote: »
    Same for me. :(
    That link worked. :D
    I have used mobile links before that worked on my laptop.

Wow!! Presuming she didn't kill him, he may get his few bob he was looking for!
    Hopefully not, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

What is the best format to transfer to youtube and keep 1080p? MIne are getting spoiled in conversion to .avi

For example this cyclists is colour blind. But its all fuzzy on youtube.

Your video is displaying at 480p. You must insert yt:quality=high: in tags to get 1080p quality when you are uploading.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

huggs2 wrote: »
    Your video is displaying at 480p. You must insert yt:quality=high: in tags to get 1080p quality when you are uploading.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Great tip. I added that tag into the the tag box on the editing settings.

I still had trouble editing and spliting clips from my cam though. The program joujoujou recommended was VirtualDub. But unfortunately it did not recognize .MOV files.

After a bit of searching I found a program called mpeg streamclip which seems to works fine and easy to use.

I also found out that I can't get youtube to play in HD automaticly as an uploader.
    It has to be done as a user by going into the setting or gear tab on your profile, clicking Playback Options, and then check Display in HD where available.

But with the boards.ie forum youtube link it will not play auto in HD. It has to be selected manually each time. Pants..

I think I am having issues with the card speed as I use a class4 32gb MicroSD . I wonder if a faster card will cause clips to look smoother?
    Its the same clip with the tag added and uncompressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

cormie wrote: »

Is that a Russian video clip? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'm sorry that I'm going off thread but it's very clear that the truck carrying the BUK has Russian number plates.
    That's all I'll say on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is that a Russian video clip? :pac:

Ah it would have been worse, I had a guy towing a camper completely cut me off on a roundabout in Wales, would have been a nasty one, footage got recorded over by the time I got to London, yup, silly me for not saving it :)

On a side note, is that an Aventador? I'm not sure if other Lambo's have the same light design at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

cormie wrote: »
    On a side note, is that an Aventador? I'm not sure if other Lambo's have the same light design at the back?

Its a Gallardo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

So not wanting to trawl through 4569 posts to see if this has been asked before, but does dash-cam footage hold up in court in Ireland? Are there restrictions on the type of footage acceptable? Like, say you're using a go-pro, they distort shape and distance to get the wide angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] VirtualDub. But unfortunately it did not recognize .MOV files.
    Ahh, should asked you first what kind of video you're gonna edit. :o
    [...]

But with the boards.ie forum youtube link it will not play auto in HD. It has to be selected manually each time. Pants..

[...]
    It depends really. Rural located boardsies may not have fibre or other decent internet connection, so it's better for them not to have HD on by default. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

So not wanting to trawl through 4569 posts to see if this has been asked before, but does dash-cam footage hold up in court in Ireland? Are there restrictions on the type of footage acceptable? Like, say you're using a go-pro, they distort shape and distance to get the wide angle.

Short answer, they are NOT forensic instruments, but can be used to back up your evidence and complaint in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hal1 wrote: »

Anyone speak russian? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ahh, should asked you first what kind of video you're gonna edit. :o
    It depends really. Rural located boardsies may not have fibre or other decent internet connection, so it's better for them not to have HD on by default. :)

It's us poor souls in the sticks who still have to buffer videos in 240p :o

Mycroft H wrote: »
    It's us poor souls in the sticks who still have to buffer videos in 240p :o

Im not sure my internet speed is the issue though. I have plenty of bandwidth and it still plays in SD
    3640901155.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Short answer, they are NOT forensic instruments, but can be used to back up your evidence and complaint in court.

This. In addition if you produce the evidence to both insurance companies in say the case of an accident, they would be out of their minds to go to court if it was relatively cut and dry. Remember, they want to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Taxi driver in Lviv.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement