Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I got those smart tags in the post yesterday anyway!

Pretty handy little things!
    Just noticed i didnt get any NFC tags with mine, can you PM me the addres for the NFC tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just noticed i didnt get any NFC tags with mine, can you PM me the addres for the NFC tags?

PM sent :)

Bought on Meteor today and have .73 firmware

Just to let people know, hopefully itll come on all Irish networks now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Bought on Meteor today and have .73 firmware

Just to let people know, hopefully itll come on all Irish networks now

is it locked to Meteor? Just wondered as its handy to be able to put in another sim if travelling (all phones I have got from Meteor so far have been unlocked)

tui0hcg wrote: »
    is it locked to Meteor? Just wondered as its handy to be able to put in another sim if travelling (all phones I have got from Meteor so far have been unlocked)

Dont have another Micro Sim to test, how would i check this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Only the first batch are usually unlocked, if you got one over the last few weeks it'll be locked, the date on my box is 3/4/12 and its locked, only good thing is theres no branding on it so you get all the updates as soon as there available.

Is it not possible to get Playstation games on this? cant find th option to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it not possible to get Playstation games on this? cant find th option to do it

Not officially, no. There are two workarounds though:

1. Use the "Play" hack for the Arc on your rooted S so you can use the same app as play users do
    2. Use FPSE.

Thanks,

Am i right in thinking given the yellow tint issue that has been mentioned rooting may not be the best option?

Read the thread on XDA for that one, there's no one firm answer though sony UK seem to be completely willing to give you a no questions replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

PM sent :)

Can I get that address also please as I got no tags with mine from meteor...thanks.

Ludo wrote: »
    Can I get that address also please as I got no tags with mine from meteor...thanks.

Sent it on

Perhaps I'm going mad, but is there a way to set the calendar week start day to Monday on this phone?
    I've been able to do it with all other android phones I've had before!

Dont have another Micro Sim to test, how would i check this?

Got mine in CPW yesterday and also dont have another micro sim to test so I dont know either if its unlocked - wonder how we would test this?
    Sent it on

Also didn't get the NFC tags - can someone PM me the address please

Also didn't get the NFC tags - can someone PM me the address please

PM sent!
    Got mine in CPW yesterday and also dont have another micro sim to test so I dont know either if its unlocked - wonder how we would test this?

Try this:

Open the phone dialler and type the following:
    *#*#7378423#*#*
    This should bring up the service menu.

In the service menu, click on Service info, the on SIM lock.

You should see a bunch of bunch of [] beside things like Network and Service provider.
    If any of these contain an X like so: [X], then it is sim locked.
    If they are all blank like so: [], then it is not sim locked.

Hope that helps! :)

Try this:

Open the phone dialler and type the following:
    *#*#7378423#*#*
    This should bring up the service menu.

In the service menu, click on Service info, the on SIM lock.

You should see a bunch of bunch of [] beside things like Network and Service provider.
    If any of these contain an X like so: [X], then it is sim locked.
    If they are all blank like so: [], then it is not sim locked.

Hope that helps! :)

Worked a treat and best of all its unlocked - happy days:)

Really liking the LED notifcation on this phone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Really liking the LED notifcation on this phone :D

Why whats different about it. Surprising how many "smart" phones don't have a decent notification.

BostonB wrote: »
    Why whats different about it. Surprising how many "smart" phones don't have a decent notification.

Dunno if they're talking about the regular LED or the bar, but the bar is nice(much more noticeable than the single led).

ED E wrote: »
    Dunno if they're talking about the regular LED or the bar, but the bar is nice(much more noticeable than the single led).

The single LED, my previous phone didnt have it. Just find it useful for the quick glance in work

• Advertisement

Anyone recommend a case for this?

Also how do people feel about the charger port cover? Its annoying me already and I only have the phone 24 hrs – has anyone removed it?

i bought this one last night http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261005750309&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160. Seems decent enough.

Yeah the cover is very annoying, saw a picture of the phone with i cut off though, and it does take away from the look. Think it was on XDA

Anyone recommend a case for this?

Also how do people feel about the charger port cover? Its annoying me already and I only have the phone 24 hrs – has anyone removed it?

Nilkin all the way
    th_IMG_0207.jpg

I wouldnt remove it, as above somebody did on XDA, looks terrible and any dirt could fúck up you USB port, killing the phone.

Whats the story with Wisepilot and McAffe?
    Are these trials - can they be uninstalled

McAfee was a trial, i uninstaled it, whether that was wise im not sure :)

Is there a way to get all the pre-installed apps (not those you can delet through the app screen) off without rooting/flashing?

I don't think Anti Virus is required - I had Lookout before but it was a space hog and seemed to slow down the phone (Desire)
    Also interested on a way to remove the junk without rooting

So far love the new toy - need to delve a bit deeper to find out all the good stuff

You need to root to remove the bloatware as they're in as system apps.

No need for antivirus on Android......yet :rolleyes:

Last question for today!!

Is there a Car Mode that can be activated on this for example when i connect my Bluetooth speaker in the car? I cant find it anywhere

Last question for today!!

Is there a Car Mode that can be activated on this for example when i connect my Bluetooth speaker in the car? I cant find it anywhere

Define "Car Mode"?

If you have a mount for the phone of some sort, by attaching a smart tag to trigger apps/settings OR if you're using a bluetooth device as you said you can trigger an app once it connects using the "Liveware manager".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm actually looking at getting one of these, are they any good?

Advertisement