Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was on http://www.fido.ie/ last night to double check some info about getting my cat microchipped and I came across this:

Free bag of Royal Canin Dog/Cat food for micro chipped pets here: http://offer.royalcanin.co.uk/fido/freebag/en

You get sent a voucher to redeem in store/at a vet clinic. You have to select where you want to redeem at the time. Voucher should take 10 days to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Healthy Hounds Scottish Salmon Oil have a sale on.

I placed an order but have never used this brand before - thought I'd give a try. Its a good price compared to other salmon oils. (They are redevloping their website but you can get them on facebook. They are based in Belfast.)

EXTENDED until 9am Sunday due to overwhelming demand!!
    SALE time!! 48 hours only folks. 15% discount on all product, and all orders over £25 free of charge. This means...
    500ml was £10.95 now £9.30
    1000ml was £19.49 now £16.55
    2500ml was £32.95 now £28.00 + FREE delivery
    5000ml was £51.95 now £44.00 + FREE delivery
    PM or phone us with your orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

paultf wrote: »
    Healthy Hounds Scottish Salmon Oil have a sale on.

I placed an order but have never used this brand before - thought I'd give a try. Its a good price compared to other salmon oils. (They are redevloping their website but you can get them on facebook. They are based in Belfast.)

EXTENDED until 9am Sunday due to overwhelming demand!!
    SALE time!! 48 hours only folks. 15% discount on all product, and all orders over £25 free of charge. This means...
    500ml was £10.95 now £9.30
    1000ml was £19.49 now £16.55
    2500ml was £32.95 now £28.00 + FREE delivery
    5000ml was £51.95 now £44.00 + FREE delivery
    PM or phone us with your orders!

And only based up in Belfast, so I've got next day delivery on a couple of my orders. Really fast service and the woman that runs it seems lovely to deal with, very accomodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Stocked up yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

just a heads up on this weeks Aldi specials, including dog guard for the car, harnesses etc, from 20 June https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-20th-june/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

zooplus.de have 10% off everything - code on first page.

€6.99 delivery or free if order over €99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was just in Tesco's Navan, presuming this deal is all Tesco's.

Pedigree promotion, all Jumbones (they had large and the 2 pack mediums) at €1.29.

Boxes of Markies, adult and puppy, for €1.20.

All half price, also had Shmako's .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I ordered some Feliway refills from Neutrecare in the UK today. 15.50(sterling) per refill and 3.99 postage to Ireland. Usually I get charged at least 10 euro delivery elsewhere. It's bloody scandalous the prices being charged in Ireland for Feliway. I've seen it on sale for 41 euro here and the spray at over 20 euro, I found the spray to be useless though.

20% off PetPlanet.co.uk until midnight tomorrow - PPSS20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Petmania are are doing a super six weekend see here for details http://www.petmania.ie/utilities/special-offers/super-six-weekend

Mostly just poor quality foods, pedigree, bakers etc. bob Martin wormer but there is €12 off clinivet, which I know some people on here feed, now might be a good time to stock up and save a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Raw feeders: 2 x 1kg packs of chicken legs for €4 in Lidl at the min!
    Other chicken bits on the bone on sale too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've just been looking at Pet World Uk and they seem to be a fair bit cheaper for the Applaws and Animonda than what I'm paying for it with Zooplus. I think I'll be shopping with them in future. Toby won't eat the Animonda carny at the moment, he seems a bit unsure about it but they all love the Applaws kibble. At the moment I'm feeding 4 at home and 1, maybe 2 potential strays at nearby apartment complex, so I need the best value I can get:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any links to that food? i cant see the animonda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Loads of pet stuff at Homestore and More. Sign up to their email/text thingy and it's all half price. Got some great beds for the dogs for next to nothing.

Here's the link

^^^

Was in there today and went a bit mad, they've loads of stuff, last time they did pet stuff they only had bits and pieces, now they've loads of beds, toys, bowls, leads...Best bargain was stainless steel bowls for €1.25 each, decent size too 1.5litre capacity. Got a lovely bed for my foster doggies and a waterproof one for my pair and a set of access steps to the couch for my nieces yorkie who has a bit of trouble jumping now that she's older, they're not the most sturdy but they were only €12.50 and the yorkie weighs about 5kg so they'll do her fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Some great Secret Santa presents to be got in there :D

/cant believe i just mentioned Santa :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

^^^

Was in there today and went a bit mad, they've loads of stuff, last time they did pet stuff they only had bits and pieces, now they've loads of beds, toys, bowls, leads...Best bargain was stainless steel bowls for €1.25 each, decent size too 1.5litre capacity. Got a lovely bed for my foster doggies and a waterproof one for my pair and a set of access steps to the couch for my nieces yorkie who has a bit of trouble jumping now that she's older, they're not the most sturdy but they were only €12.50 and the yorkie weighs about 5kg so they'll do her fine.

I thought the stuff was great especially leads for €1! Which are handy to have! I resisted everything for once! They have the largest plastic beds for €11 which seem to be cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just remember, when they're gone they're gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Just seen this on Groupon. Could be of use to someone in here :)http://m.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/dspca/24898535

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

All that stuff in Homestore & More looks great. I wish I actually needed some of it. ;)

Aldi have some pet items coming up in the special buys next Thursday. They have those great latex squeaky toys again - I'll definitely be picking up more of those as they last for ages!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-8th-august/

• Advertisement

All that stuff in Homestore & More looks great. I wish I actually needed some of it. ;)

Aldi have some pet items coming up in the special buys next Thursday. They have those great latex squeaky toys again - I'll definitely be picking up more of those as they last for ages!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-8th-august/

How mad is that, I was going through all my receipts for pet stuff bought and found a receipt from last January when I bought a few of those! Was thinking I'd love to get a few more and must keep an eye out in Aldi:P.

Oh, but the large memory foam mattress isn't as a good a bargain as in homestore and more, it's reduced to €15 in their monthly offers. (link in the post at top of page)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Those latex toys are good, are they? I always assumed they'd be like most other latex toys, you know the ones that get shredded within a moment?
    Hmm, if they're fairly rugged, a couple of them just might be bought
    *note to self... Aldi is right beside Homestore & More in Drogheda... This is clearly some kind of sign!*

DBB wrote: »
    Those latex toys are good, are they? I always assumed they'd be like most other latex toys, you know the ones that get shredded within a moment?
    Hmm, if they're fairly rugged, a couple of them just might be bought
    *note to self... Aldi is right beside Homestore & More in Drogheda... This is clearly some kind of sign!*

I actually think the noise that it makes added to it's longevity! It makes a grunt rather than a regular squeaky toy squeak so my pair were intrigued with this for a while. Also they're bigger than a ball so when they're lifted up they're not just as easy to get all in the mouth. Once the squeak gave up it was shredded, legs first!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody know where to pick up a cheap food container, just so the food doesn't go stale. Like some cheap tupperware for 5-10kg of food.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anybody know where to pick up a cheap food container, just so the food doesn't go stale. Like some cheap tupperware for 5-10kg of food.
    I use the 10kg version and press out the air before closing it; it appears to contain the smell quite nicely :)

They're half price in homestore and more too!

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/large-plastic-storage-30l+/icat/spewigig6

From memory the 45 litre comfortably holds 15kg of food so the 35 litre would definitely hold it. They might have smaller options too.

*Disclaimer. I don't work for homestore and more.:D

I actually think the noise that it makes added to it's longevity! It makes a grunt rather than a regular squeaky toy squeak so my pair were intrigued with this for a while. Also they're bigger than a ball so when they're lifted up they're not just as easy to get all in the mouth. Once the squeak gave up it was shredded, legs first!

My dad brought home one of the pig ones for Bailey last year - it made him cry lol!! :p

From memory the 45 litre comfortably holds 15kg of food so the 35 litre would definitely hold it. They might have smaller options too.

Thanks, pretty cheap, 35L should be perfect for a fiver.
    Nody wrote: »
    I use the 10kg version and press out the air before closing it; it appears to contain the smell quite nicely :)

Thanks! Damn just got my latest order from them today so wont be getting anything from them for a while, those are great as you can fold them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thanks for sharing. Got some great bargains in there too including a large plastic bed for €8.99

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    My dad brought home one of the pig ones for Bailey last year - it made him cry lol!! :p

When I brought them home first Benson was a bit scared..I put one down in the middle of the living room floor and squeezed it and he didn't know what to do! He ran over and jumped up on the couch like he does when he's a bit unsure of something. He nosed over and had a sniff after a few minutes and once Coco started playing he did too.

Advertisement