Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Cheers for that Eamon. Interesting the china post order tracking still not available, that was the main reason I escalated my pay pal dispute, I have no way of proving they sent it and I wasn't going to just wait and wait incase the time period exceeded my time to make a claim. I'm very impatient lol
    Isn't it a bit ridiculous too that they just *turn off* the tracking system rather than improving it to take the load!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Proxy wrote: »
    Isn't it a bit ridiculous too that they just *turn off* the tracking system rather than improving it to take the load!

Was it HONGKONGPOST or CHINAPOST tracking number they gave you ? Just to be sure!!

Where did you order it from ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Was it HONGKONGPOST or CHINAPOST tracking number they gave you ? Just to be sure!!

Where did you order it from ?
    Ordered it from FocalPrice in China. They provided the Chinese EMS site when shipped confirmed. I've checked both China and HK post with the RA*********CN number and both return nothing. Happy enough to wait until next week but it's just a bit frustrating/worrying that you can't track the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ephelan24

Proxy Ordered my Paladin 30/01/2012 supposedly shipped 7/02/2012 and still not received. Know how you feel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

its over a month in the post system now it'll either have vanished or be in bits somewhere lol. it'd put you off using chinese post again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Ordered Novo 7 Aurora last thursday, shipped on monday, got tracking number from dhl today, hopefully be here soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ordered Novo 7 Aurora last thursday, shipped on monday, got tracking number from dhl today, hopefully be here soon :D

Where? :o

ephelan24 wrote: »
    Proxy Ordered my Paladin 30/01/2012 supposedly shipped 7/02/2012 and still not received. Know how you feel!!
    Next time I'll just go and put my money into Currys/PC World ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

Quick update: Got my money refunded Tuesday from Pandawill/PayPal.
    I'm following Ainol on Twitter and they're talking about the Novo 8 and something new next month: "We are launching new products in April. Hint: Dual core!"

Mr E wrote: »
    Where? :o

aliexpress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i ordered an ainol advanced II on the 23rd feb, no sign. it's certainly not the longest i've waited for something to be delivered from china, but still - the things i've read online about the current postal delays in china don't inspire me with confidence it'll even [ever!] get here. seems this holiday the whole thing has imploded in one big clusterfook [far worse than usual] :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Tempted by this one myself, was originally going to wait for reliable stock on the aurora, but think I'd rather the larger screen.

The previous S7100 looks like it was well recieved, found a vid for the s9000 here:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

jobless wrote: »
    cool keep us informed how you get on..... am still a bit wary of ordering from china

Well my order arrived 17 days (13 working days).

Very impressed with the Aurora.

Only downside I've noticed so far are the somewhat flimsy buttons on the top right to control sound but that's one minus against many pluses.

The screen is incredible.
    I purchased it as a media player and its unreal.
    Very vibrant colours and no lag in browsing files or playing.

Very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

mathie wrote: »

Only downside I've noticed so far are the somewhat flimsy buttons on the top right to control sound but that's one minus against many pluses.

Very impressed so far.

good to hear you got it.... pity he has no more for sale :(

Did you have to pay any customs charges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Very impressed so far.

Hi Mathie.
    Are you having any problems with the microsd slot. I can't get the tablet to recognise microsd cards. I've tried 2 cards, different formatting but no luck.

0% customs on tablets.
    23% VAT though. :(
    Also, some bull**** anpost handling charge of 6 euro.

Yes 19.80

Hi Mathie.
    Are you having any problems with the microsd slot. I can't get the tablet to recognise microsd cards. I've tried 2 cards, different formatting but no luck.

Hmmm just plugged in a microSD card and it doesn't seem to recognise it straight off.

EDIT sorry it did get it.

Under mnt/extsd

Hi Mathie.

When I try to copy a file from a usb drive to the microsd I get "open failed eacces (permission denied)" within Astro file manager.

• Advertisement

Yes 19.80

How was yours so cheap. VAT at 23% and the handling charge should mean it's more :pac:

How was yours so cheap. VAT at 23% and the handling charge should mean it's more :pac:

It is usually estimated unless the correct value is on the package. Often times the sender puts a very low value on the package, to assist in avoid paying vat etc. but I think they work it out based on the commodity (and weight?!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

ephelan24 wrote: »

Pretty much the exact same dates as me. I got a refund through PayPal this evening. I'm not sure how long you have to open a case but maybe you should look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

Bought 4 ELFs from DHgate, 2 white 2 black must say very impressed so far too..flashed them with 0.9 firmware as it comes with market installed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Pretty much the exact same dates as me. I got a refund through PayPal this evening. I'm not sure how long you have to open a case but maybe you should look into it.

60 days last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Love my elf too!

Response is brilliant..

Battery life is excellent..

Well impressed..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

achiman wrote: »
    Bought 4 ELFs from DHgate, 2 white 2 black must say very impressed so far too..flashed them with 0.9 firmware as it comes with market installed ...

Just checked out DHGate. Looks good. Good experience? Is the site safe enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

yes no problems, paid through paypal used DHL when delivery completed you receive email if your happy complete order and payment will be made to supplier...good communication too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

DHGate is like a Chinese Ebay with a multitude of different sellers, some good some bad. Treat it with the same (or more) caution you would in buying off ebay.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

DHL tracking site says my aurora is in Dublin as of 7:40am this morning

Advertisement