Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Anyone else having battery issues (like draining 40-50% after being in standby overnight).
    I turn off wifi, reduce screen brightness, Juice Defender is installed.
    Still having this problem. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Anyone else having battery issues (like draining 40-50% after being in standby overnight).
    I turn off wifi, reduce screen brightness, Juice Defender is installed.
    Still having this problem. :mad:

If its the Aurora your using, Try this: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29280-rom-novo-7-essential-clean-rom-v10a-for-aurora/

Battery issues are improved on them..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Paddy_man wrote: »
    If its the Aurora your using, Try this: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29280-rom-novo-7-essential-clean-rom-v10a-for-aurora/

Battery issues are improved on them..
    I would go with the previous release of 0.9a/b. Think there's some troubling issues with that one according to the slatedroidforums. I'm using it 0.9b i think and am having almost no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gloam

Are the firmware files linked above compatible with the Aurora Paladin? Or do I need a different file?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I would go with the previous release of 0.9a/b. Think there's some troubling issues with that one according to the slatedroidforums. I'm using it 0.9b i think and am having almost no problems at all.

Installed 0.9b, tablets working a dream since. touch issues seem to have disappeared too..

Gloam, I'm not sure if they will work for the Paladin as it uses the MIPS processor. Check out slatedroid for your ROM options.

• Advertisement

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Installed 0.9b, tablets working a dream since. touch issues seem to have disappeared too..

Gloam, I'm not sure if they will work for the Paladin as it uses the MIPS processor. Check out slatedroid for your ROM options.
    Yeah. the one out of the box for me had touchscreen issues. Installed v0.4 and worked very smooth. Then moved onto the v0.9b i think and am very pleased about it although I am getting some hangs from time to time. Occasionally when I open an app it hangs, to the point where android will ask me if I want to close the app or wait because it's taking too long. Once it gets it's act together it runs smoothly.
    No touchscreen issue really at all on v0.9b. I think it happens sometimes when I get to low battery.

I'd suggest using apex launcher. Much smoother than nova launcher which comes packaged with essential rom normally. Although this could be the source of my hangs. I really amn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I canceled the order I had for an aurora today that was ordered from pandawill on the 02/02/12, fed up waiting...

Just noticed the Ibood HTC Flyer Tab, looks good for a bit extra and no hidden charges from customs.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/14683/HTC_Flyer_with_Android_HTC_Sense_and_HTC_Scribe_technology_a_tablet_like_no_other/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It does look good, very tempted, a bit pricey I think though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yuki2012

eamonnq wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath!!, post from China can be ridiculously slow sometimes, 30-45 days is not unusual.

Really? that's not common

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

And that's productivity at work out the window for the rest of the day. :D
    Just received it. I don't know one word Chinese though. And i am tempted to rip off the pastic cover since it's riddled with airbubbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

can someone explain to me how i can watch youtube on my aurora but cant watch rte player and other sites that use flash?.... when i link to the adobe site from these sites it says my tablets doesnt support flash? confused!
    Would be great if i could get this working

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

of all the different sites that are shipping from China ,who do you guys think are the best one for me to use to buy the Aurora?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i bought from here.... no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I managed to drop my tablet on the floor less than an hour after i got home.
    I managed to flip it in the air and it landed face down on the floor.
    I screamed out loud, and noticed that the faceplate had come loose.

I screamed some more, until i noticed that there was no crack in the glass, and it was just simply to click it together again.

No biggie :D

I have tried a few of the aliexpress.com stores and when I hit Buy Now there is a problem loading the page"Connection reset" anyone else have this problem?I have narrowed it down to 3 different stores that I would buy from and they all have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have tried a few of the aliexpress.com stores and when I hit Buy Now there is a problem loading the page"Connection reset" anyone else have this problem?I have narrowed it down to 3 different stores that I would buy from and they all have this problem.

Which tablet are you trying to buy ? The Elf or the Aurora (or the Paladin ?).

I would advise NOT to buy the Paladin, if you can stretch to an ELF and if you can get an Aurora buy that!!

Do you have an account set up with aliexpress ?

I would advise NOT to buy the Paladin, if you can stretch to an ELF and if you can get an Aurora buy that!!

I was looking at buying an Aurora or the Onda VI40 Elite.Yeah I have an account set up.
    Is it hard to set up the tablet if I buy from one of these chinese sellers?It won't come with the market installed .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I was looking at buying an Aurora or the Onda VI40 Elite.Yeah I have an account set up.
    Is it hard to set up the tablet if I buy from one of these chinese sellers?It won't come with the market installed .

It is like everything else, simple once you know how!!.

Not too difficult, as you will probably end up installing a custom rom, with most of the issues sorted by doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shmall

Hi all,

Does the ainol aurora have bluetooth? I have a logitech bluetooth keyboard which is for the ipad and I am hoping it would work with other tablets.

Cheers

Shmall wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does the ainol aurora have bluetooth? I have a logitech bluetooth keyboard which is for the ipad and I am hoping it would work with other tablets.

Cheers
    Nope it doesn't, but it might accept the bluetooth dongle (if it has one) as a usb device and work from there. I honestly have no idea really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Are the Aurora for sale atm? Was getting fed up waiting and was looking at the onda

Are the Aurora for sale atm? Was getting fed up waiting and was looking at the onda
    I ordered the Onda today.Went with it mostly for the bigger screen,Aurora and the VI40 seem to be very similar.
    Will let ye know how I get on when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I ordered an Elf from McBub.com last week, which shipped by EMS last Thursday. I have tracking info up to last Saturday where it left a sorting centre in Guangzhou, but no updates since then. Seems like it has dropped off the face of the earth ... I've emailed McBub and they say that they will look into it.

Has my package been hijacked somewhere along the way? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Mr E wrote: »
    I ordered an Elf from McBub.com last week, which shipped by EMS last Thursday. I have tracking info up to last Saturday where it left a sorting centre in Guangzhou, but no updates since then. Seems like it has dropped off the face of the earth ... I've emailed McBub and they say that they will look into it.

Has my package been hijacked somewhere along the way? :o

It's not unusual for the tracking to be dropped when the package leaves it's original country, don't get excited just yet.

EMS is just parcel post isn't it?

The tracking number will probably appear in the AnPost system about three days after you have got delivery!

invest4deepvalue.com

Delivery says 5-8 days, so that's a step above the usual parcel post (which can be weeks from China). If that 5-8 days includes weekends, then tomorrow is Day 8.

Thanks for the reply, let's see what happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Delivery says 5-8 days, so that's a step above the usual parcel post (which can be weeks from China). If that 5-8 days includes weekends, then tomorrow is Day 8.

Thanks for the reply, let's see what happens...
    I also bought an Elf from DHGate and the ChinaPost tracking says it left Guangzhou (I think) 9 days ago. Still waiting, but I'll leave it a few more days before I get worried.

I'm told that they can be left in an An Post sorting office for a few days waiting for someone to do the VAT calculation.

Edit: ChinaPost tracking now showing this leaving (I hope: "The total export package straight seal sealing") Beijing International 7 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Do you mind me asking why you would advise against buying the Paladin?

The Paladin has a MIPS processor - some apps won't work on it.
    The more common processor is the ARM processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

The Paladin has a MIPS processor - some apps won't work on it.
    The more common processor is the ARM processor.

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware of that.
    Is there a list of apps that won't work or is it pot luck?
    I'm looking to get one for my 10 year old daughter who would almost exclusively use it for games and web access. Would the Paladin suffice for this?
    All feedback much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Hi all,
    Had the Ainol Novo 7 Elf delivered there a couple of weeks ago - got to say very impressed it so far (might even order one for the other half for his birthday ;)) and no customs charges due to me ordering through Gadgetfreakz in the UK and they set it all up for you in english - would definately recommend them

Advertisement