Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you tip toilet guy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Morlar wrote: »
    If it was a tracksuit wearing skanger in there who disabled the hand dryer and emptied the paper towel machine - then tried to sell you the service of handing you paper towels how would you react to that ?
    With the same way I react to toilet tip guy - tell him my girl troubles and then ignore his response.

Seriously, I don't begrudge anyone who feels it necessary to hand out cologne to drunken spoilt brats like me for a living. They're doing what they have to do to earn a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I don't begrudge anyone, I hate chuggers in the same way I hate those guys. No begrudgery involved.

I don't begrudge anyone, I hate chuggers in the same way I hate those guys. No begrudgery involved.
    But then, all one has to do is pass by a toilet tip guy.

I'm sure the man grew up wanting to drive firetrucks or airplanes like the rest of us; man hardly needs it pointed out to him what a low position he fills. So what's the problem? Walk away. Probem solved.

Well: except for wet hands. I don't know how we're going to get over that one.

later10 wrote: »
    But then, all one has to do is pass by a toilet tip guy.

I'm sure the man grew up wanting to drive firetrucks or airplanes like the rest of us; man hardly needs it pointed out to him what a low position he fills. So what's the problem? Walk away. Probem solved.

Well: except for wet hands. I don't know how we're going to get over that one.

Sorry, I just don't buy into that 'oh you should feel sorry for them, having to work in a toilet while we have fun' nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Underdraft wrote: »
    It's not meant as a convenience. The idea is to reduce drug use/dealing in the toilets.

Dunno why they're all black but I reckon it's to have someone who "stands out" and makes it clear that he's working down there and watching you.

More likely the fact that any tips are not declared, I don't actualy believe they are "employed" by the clubs

• Advertisement

Sorry, I just don't buy into that 'oh you should feel sorry for them, having to work in a toilet while we have fun' nonsense.
    Oh he doesn't have to work in a nightclub.

I'm sure it would be infinitely preferable to some if he were claiming asylum and unable to work, or just hadn't come o Ireland in the first place.

Like most Irish people, my parents had to work bloody hard for what they got in life, and here I can only see an example of a man doing the exact same in much worse, entirely degrading and embarrassing circumstances.

If you don't want to pay him for his cologne,walk on out of there. I don't see what your issue is. Nobody is asking you for pity, but please allow us who wish to dole it out to do so, if that's how you want to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Always tip them, they are only doing a job.

Oh he doesn't have to work in a nightclub.

I'm sure it would be infinitely preferable to some if he were claiming asylum and unable to work, or just hadn't come o Ireland in the first place.

Like most Irish people, my parents had to work bloody hard for what they got in life, and here I can only see an example of a man doing the exact same in much worse, entirely degrading and embarrassing circumstances.

If you don't want to pay him for his cologne,walk on out of there. I don't see what your issue is. Nobody is asking you for pity, but please allow us who wish to dole it out to do so, if that's how you want to put it.

You should check out the shoeless roma beggar. Poor, poor guy just can't seem to hold onto a pair of shoes. It must be so degrading and embarrassing for him. But he is a try-er you know ? You gotta give him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

With my unwashed hand.
    evil laugh

You should check out the shoeless roma beggar.
    Oh my; I thought those goalposts were at least fifteen feet to the right.

• Advertisement

Oh my; I thought those goalposts were at least fifteen feet to the right.

I moved them, same as I emptied the hand towel machine and disabled the hand dryer. Mwahha,. ok mo leaba awaits !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Have to say I do feel awarkard walking passed them. But I wash and dry my hands who ever in in the bathroom. Some person standing in the corner isn't going to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 onedaysoon

March the fuc&ers to the boat and send them all home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phurryphace

Always....could a been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

I always throw them a euro or 2 i always get a squirt of gel of them to give the hair an oul spruce up at bout 2 or so to keep the girls happy.I would be lost without them they also sell lollypops bitch's love lollypops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

If I ever see a guy in my toilet I'll ram a toilet brush up his rectum!!

But he just wants the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Do you tip toilet guy?

Each to their own I suppose, but that's not my orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I always tip em.

" get a better job mate"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I always throw them a euro or 2 i always get a squirt of gel of them to give the hair an oul spruce up at bout 2 or so to keep the girls happy.I would be lost without them they also sell lollypops bitch's love lollypops.

Girls must love you....

Here I got you a lolly

Ah, you're so thoughtful

Thanks, I got it from a random guy in the toilet - hey come back, where are you going...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No, they are a scourge upon Dublins nightlife just as much as the homeless and chuggers. I shall not be guilt tripped into giving somebody money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I refuse to pay the jacks tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Give them nothing, It's the same as the Roma selling roses on the streets. I don't eat lollypops at home after taking a piss..Also i tend to use my aftershave before i go out so dont need to top up with watery crap on his counter..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I don't want anything they provide. It would also be rare (like hen's teeth) for me to be in a place they frequent anyway. I have no problem with leaving with wet hands (water...)

Is it just the male toilets they hang out in ?
    Do they bring their own towels, or do the ones they offer belong to the club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I go in, take a piss, wash hands, dry them under the dryer and walk out. No way in the world I am tipping someone €2 for handing me a tissue when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself.

They can ask me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No, they are a scourge upon Dublins nightlife just as much as the homeless and chuggers. I shall not be guilt tripped into giving somebody money.

them damn homeless.. wanting to.. live

agree with the charity w@nkers though- large % of anything you give to them goes towards their pay and the agencies administration costs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

If the crapper was spotless and I didn't have to drop from a height when taking a dump I mite give him 50c. At least they are trying to earn a living. I wouldn't do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Skid wrote: »
    No, I am well able to do my business and clean up without any assistance from him.

Never knew they cleaned arses as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

No.

If I'm in a pub with toilet attendants I won't go back again.
    Any place that has them deserves to go out of business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 veg123

Fair play to them for trying to make a living and all...
    They're only there because it's cheaper than hiring a proper bouncer and it's yet another stupid Celtic Tiger legacy I'll be glad to see the back of.

Advertisement