Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you tip toilet guy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A lot of them don't even get paid or permission from the owners of nightclubs, they just sort of set up in there.
    People often just start doing it in town when they run out of money and want another pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

No, if I'm old enough to be granted entry onto a licensed premises then I sure as hell am old enough to do my business and clean my hands afterwards without assistance.

Plus when I was younger I used to work in a niteclub, floor-staff initially. Every so often I'd have to go into the gents and give them a mop out, and did a damn sight better job than most of these toilet attendants. Did I get a few bob from the patrons for my trouble??......Did I fcuk. Why? Because it was my job, y'know the one I was already getting a wage for.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Haven't seen these guys in ages. Only ever saw the one guy in one particular club. Usually gave him a few bob. I used to get remarkably generous with drink in me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

A lot of them don't even get paid or permission from the owners of nightclubs, they just sort of set up in there.
    People often just start doing it in town when they run out of money and want another pint.
    Oh come on Teddy.

Do you not think bouncers would remove someone who unilaterally sets up a stall in a club bathroom? Harassing customers, which is how doormen would view it, is a big no-go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Basically I'm just wondering if most people tip him?
    Lots of people just walk away without washing their hands:eek:
    A lot of the time I feel like I have to throw him 2euro on a night out.
    Costs a fortune then for just taking a piss.
    Kind of annoying.

If I met an Irish one, then yes.
    In my experience they tend to be African, so no.

• Advertisement

Some sell coke. I bought some off one in a nightclub in my younger days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

They have toilets in the west?? :eek:

Do they flush?

Yep....... straight down the pipe to emerge as a forum post the far side
    Your post came direct from Fat Farmer Toms arse who lives two houses over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

later10 wrote: »
    Why? It does of course happen in bathrooms. I don't see why that should be regarded as bullsh1t.

1, most drugs get offered in the smoking area these days.
    2, to state that the number 1 purpose of having them is to stop the selling of drugs is stupid. Their 'job' is just to offer a service (aftershave, paper towel, even some offer lollypops :pac:) ... if you want to agrue that them being there will deter drugs being sold in the toilets fair enough. But that dont stop s*it. Especially in a clubs toilets (which is larger)

So said guy is going to leave the toilets and go tell the bouncers and let all his aftershaves get stolen / put his neck on the line ratting up someone? ... Bullsh*t. He'll turn a blind eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mikom wrote: »
    Yep....... straight down the pipe to emerge as a forum post the far side
    Your post came direct from Fat Farmer Toms arse who lives two houses over.

You don't understand his point...in Dublin, the toilets make a sound like an arse being licked. Thats how they roll up there. The rest of us culchies have to settle for the sound of water running down the drain.

Oh come on Teddy.

Do you not think bouncers would remove someone who unilaterally sets up a stall in a club bathroom? Harassing customers, which is how doormen would view it, is a big no-go.
    Well there's nothing they can do though because they pay in and are sober.
    However technically they're doing nothing wrong I suppose.
    I think owners are happy to them there so people can't fake a slip and claim.
    To be honest though I'd say most do have permission.
    Ever notice they pocket the money fast so it looks like they've made nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

There was a guy in a toilet I was in in a club in Spain.

Black guy, toilet area was about the size of a double bed. People walked in pissed, pissed on the floor, and walked out never paying him any attention. He just stood there, with the most depressed face in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Tip; nah. Why are they always black for me? Is it because only they will do it or is it some sort of racist trial.. I always think the latter. In which case I refrain from saying what I wanted; which was stop bein a freak hanging around the jacks watching my arse whilst I wee and instead be abnormally nice.. which is racist in itself no? Well lemme tell ya son.. There's more dignity in shining my shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

If he wiped my arse I'd tip him.

With my penis.

Since so many 'crusaders' on boards hate when someone doesnt pay tax for a job :pac:
    How come they aint moaning about these guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I imagine it has less to do with being black than with being a 'big guy' able to stop fights and also willing to work small hours for pittance and tips.

There may be a certain level of illegality or Visa issues at work here as well... that's just a guess. There's nothing to back it up.

When I think about it soberly, any man who is willing to put up with fools like my friends and I when we're drunk, and stands for hours in a toilet to do so, is probably quite deserving of small change at the very least.

I'd disagree. I've seen quite small toilet attendants. I have never seen a white toilet attendant, and if your hypothesis was correct I'm sure I would have seen one in all the years I've been going out. They are all black, and as I said earlier, they all support Arsenal.

Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

I'd disagree. I've seen quite small toilet attendants. I have never seen a white toilet attendant, and if your hypothesis was correct I'm sure I would have seen one in all the years I've been going out. They are all black, and as I said earlier, they all support Arsenal.

Why?

If they're African it's because of players like Kanu and Adebayor who became huge stars while playing for Arsenal. Barcelona are likewise very popular across Africa because of how big Eto'o became whilst with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 onedaysoon

Suppose it's a top up to the dole they get along with every other fuccin benefit they screw out of the state the thieving hoors

Well there's nothing they can do though because they pay in and are sober.
    Um, yes there is.If I set up an ice cream shop in Legg's, a doorman can (quite within his rights) have me thrown out.
    To be honest though I'd say most do have permission.
    I would too. I think it's mainly down to having a bouncer who 'pays his own way', unfortunately.
    Ever notice they pocket the money fast so it looks like they've made nothing
    You'll see that everywhere from charity fundraisers to homeless people. A natural aversion is to give to those whom one considers enjoy enough as it is.

Ironically, I don't think men who work in toilets fit into that category.

I'd disagree. I've seen quite small toilet attendants. I have never seen a white toilet attendant, and if your hypothesis was correct I'm sure I would have seen one in all the years I've been going out.
    Not necessarily. Have you considered that black men who are well built and willing to work, possibly illegally, for low wages are more likely to work in bathrooms than white men, who may have a smaller genetic stature and be of European extraction (therefore enjoying greater working rights)?

• Advertisement

Hardly a job w/ perks.. or is it the perky bottoms. See this is what happens when homosexual views are just so full circle advanced it is taken as the norm in your country. but still outlawed.. even more so. A guy is only looking, ain't no crime brazen arse banditry in my view.. in his view; fücking mens room at that how is this?!

Nevermind the fact I never return to such premises the landlord is lucky to still be alive for introducing to any self respecting male here this lowly African custom. Worst job in the world for sure

Wot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

DarkJager wrote: »
    Its been around in Limerick here since 2003, and most of the guys here have a raft of aftershaves and sprays with them. I honestly have no idea why anybody would want to do what they do.

Because it's tax-free money, that's why. That's the only reason why - easy money.

What annoys me about them is the fact that they switch off the hand-dryer on purpose. Cunts.

There's one place me and the lads go to often enough, and the lad in the toilet there get's treated to my charade of "I am a German tourist here in Ireland and I speak no English at all", wherein I spout random German at him. This confuses them while I shake-dry my hands and make an incognito exit.

These toilet attendants are a scourge - they should be getting taxed on these "tips" they're getting. Just imagine how much they make on a weekend with these drunken louts, and add that to their other income/social welfare. Believe me, they are making plenty of money. All the time you see the booooyiiiiizzz trying to gangsta-rap it up with the attendant and give off the "look at me being all in with the brother" look while throwing them 2 Euro coins every time they use the jacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 onedaysoon

Don't drop anything on the ground

"night on the tiles?"

"yup .. meanwhile a night on the ****in toilet tiles for that fellah.. har-de-har."

honest, why be the object of that justified derision. is it the perks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I'd have thought because they make a fortune from drunk people mistakenly feeling sorry for them.

What annoys me about them is the fact that they switch off the hand-dryer on purpose. Cunts.
    What an outrage.

Go on, tell us how far you have to stretch to switch the fuse back on.

Don't be shy now, tell us the full extent to which you have to stretch your tippy-toes Ugglybollocks.
    There's one place me and the lads go to often enough, and the lad in the toilet there get's treated to my charade of "I am a German tourist here in Ireland and I speak no English at all", wherein I spout random German at him. This confuses them while I shake-dry my hands and make an incognito exit.
    Wow. I think 'the lads' and I have a new hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

What an outrage.

I wouldn't call it an outrage but it pisses me off as well.

If it was a tracksuit wearing skanger in there who disabled the hand dryer and emptied the paper towel machine - then tried to sell you the service of handing you paper towels how would you react to that ?

What an outrage.

Go on, tell us how far you have to stretch to switch the fuse back on.

Don't be shy now, tell us the full extent to which you have to stretch your tippy-toes Ugglybollocks.

Wow. I think 'the lads' and I have a new hero.

Has this thread insulted you Later10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I tip them if they sing songs for me. "If you want to get some pussy freshen up" is a personal favourite and I've been known to tip a lot for that song.

Advertisement