Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results on the 19th

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

So what time are they out on the 19th?

Can I log in at a minute past midnight to see the horror unfold before my eyes?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

heybert wrote: »
    So what time are they out on the 19th?

Can I log in at a minute past midnight to see the horror unfold before my eyes?

It can vary. They can be up at midnight, or not up until sometime during the night. Also be prepared for server time-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

I've heard about the blackouts alright.

F5, F5, F5, oh....wait...no..F5,F5,F5 etc.

Like Ticketmaster for a Jedward concert :p

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Hope Pat O'Connor gives me a good mark on my geography essay :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

heybert wrote: »
    I've heard about the blackouts alright.

F5, F5, F5, oh....wait...no..F5,F5,F5 etc.

Like Ticketmaster for a Jedward concert :p

Except no matter what, when you eventually get through you won't be as depressed as you would if you got the Jedward tickets. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sabiandale

Is tomorrow letter day?

• Advertisement

sabiandale wrote: »
    Is tomorrow letter day?

No, think it;s just summer we get letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

sabiandale wrote: »
    Is tomorrow letter day?

sorry for being an ignorant 1st year. But wtf is letter day? we get reports? I thought I left that (happily) behind in secondary school

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

sorry for being an ignorant 1st year. But wtf is letter day? we get reports? I thought I left that (happily) behind in secondary school

After the summer exams if you have failed any modules in semester 1/2 you will receive a letter informing you of the repeat process, it is the dreaded one. It's not to bad if you know your expecting it from the autumn exams but can be a shock if you fail one of the summer one.

Or else you can get the Letter from the Dean advising you that you have wonderful grades QCA over 3.5

Don't really think I'll be getting the second one D:
    Please tell me they address it to me and not my parents. I'll feel about 9 years old!

The suspense of the results is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

They send it to your permanent address not your term time address so I guess that's your Parents but it will be addressed to you directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Don't really think I'll be getting the second one D:
    Please tell me they address it to me and not my parents. I'll feel about 9 years old!

The suspense of the results is a killer.

The University will never send anything to your parents, ever. Something to do with confidentiality

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

The letters from the dean for the QCA over 3.5 arrive a couple weeks after results are released each semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

So ... if we get a letter tomorrow we have repeats? (sorry I'm also a first year)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

So ... if we get a letter tomorrow we have repeats? (sorry I'm also a first year)

You won't get a letter this time around - you'll get one in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

How do we check our results on line?

RHunce wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

RHunce wrote: »

1. Log in here --> http://www.si.ul.ie/

2. Select the "Student Records" tab on the far left, directly beneath the "Home" tab and directly above the "Log Out" tab.

3. Once the page has loaded, you'll see 3 boxes:

- My Course Information
    - My Student Reports
    - Cooperative Education & Careers Division

**Under the My Student Reports header, you'll see a link to your transcript.** (right now, as you can see if you log in, student transcripts/results are disabled until the 19th)

Thought i saw something on the student union's page on facebook about letters being sent out to people who failed. Any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Skyrim wrote: »
    Thought i saw something on the student union's page on facebook about letters being sent out to people who failed. Any truth in that?

I just saw that there, and that's from the education officer:confused::confused: Usually they're just sent out after the summer exams.

staying up late tonight to hopefully get a look at my results before the site dies.

• Advertisement

staying up late tonight to hopefully get a look at my results before the site dies.

I'm doing the same. And when I see them, I'll die. :(

Maybe it's a new thing this year. Just glad i didn't get any :P. Could all change in the morning :L.

Same. Be a relief to know what the story is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Skyrim wrote: »
    Maybe it's a new thing this year. Just glad i didn't get any :P. Could all change in the morning :L.

Would we have gotten the letter today?

I didn't get any letter anyway.
    Hopefully the results will come up straight after midnight.

Sir123 wrote: »

Aoife posted on ULSU Facebook page yesterday saying they hadn't been posted, that was 21 hours ago, so you probably wouldn't have gotten them today no matter what.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Aoife posted on ULSU Facebook page yesterday saying they hadn't been posted, that was 21 hours ago, so you probably wouldn't have gotten them today no matter what.

Thanks. Thought that there was only a letter sent for summer exams? It must have changed!

Thanks. Thought that there was only a letter sent for summer exams? It must have changed!

Well I just assume she knows what she's talking about. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well I just assume she knows what she's talking about. :pac:

Haha :)

• Advertisement

I doubt it to be honest. As Wnolan said that message was only posted yesterday. Don't worry about it, not a lot we can do at this stage. I just hope we can get the results after 12 tonight.

Advertisement