Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results on the 19th

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Stole my status! :( :pac:
    I just had to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 duggan170693

Ok it says I got a D2 in mechanics which is a compensating fail as my QCA is above 2 HOWEVER Newport also said anything below 40% is an F , so do I have to repeat this exam? Some1 help please!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ok it says I got a D2 in mechanics which is a compensating fail as my QCA is above 2 HOWEVER Newport also said anything below 40% is an F , so do I have to repeat this exam? Some1 help please!!

*sigh*

Again, if you got a D in a module, you WILL NOT HAVE TO REPEAT IF YOUR QCA IS ABOVE 2.0.

If it says "D" in your result, then you got a D. Not an F. So if your QCA is >2.0 after the summer exams you should not have to repeat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Different lectures use different marking schemes. some of my exams in first year 26% or higher was a D and a compensating fail.
    One this year 40% was a D like the leaving cert. If you got a D you and the QCA is over 2.0 dont worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

Guys stop asking about D's and repeats.
    there is about 20 questions and ANSWERS. Already on this topic. Just go back a page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 duggan170693

garv123 wrote: »
    Different lectures use different marking schemes. some of my exams in first year 26% or higher was a D and a compensating fail.
    One this year 40% was a D like the leaving cert. If you got a D you and the QCA is over 2.0 dont worry about it.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Guys stop asking about D's and repeats.
    there is about 20 questions and ANSWERS. Already on this topic. Just go back a page.

And so say all of us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GraGra90

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And so say all of us. :)

This seems to have been left out of most of the answers - just an FYI - if your QCA is above 2 you do not HAVE to repeat Ds but if you're in a year that counts for your overall degree or if you're going for any kind of professional exemptions voluntarily repeating them might be a good idea.

There's plenty of people in 4th year wishing they had repeated Ds for both the above reasons - just something to think about!!

GraGra90 wrote: »
    This seems to have been left out of most of the answers - just an FYI - if your QCA is above 2 you do not HAVE to repeat Ds but if you're in a year that counts for your overall degree or if you're going for any kind of professional exemptions voluntarily repeating them might be a good idea.

There's plenty of people in 4th year wishing they had repeated Ds for both the above reasons - just something to think about!!

Totally agree. From now on I'm repeating any D's I get, regardless of QCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Any idea how much the resits are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Crea wrote: »

€171 per exam

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Crea wrote: »

Hi Crea,

Your niece can resit a max of four modules (D and F) in the summer repeats, in order to avoid this and lessen the damage done by a bad 1st semester she will need to get an average high B's in all of the modules this coming spring semester just to break even. that's what she has to aim for if she is serious about the course.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Questions on behalf of a UL n00b:

Is it possible to find out the percentages/results from written sections of exams (in modules that included course-work)?

And if so, how? Would they have to view the scripts, or would the break-downs be given elsewhere?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Questions on behalf of a UL n00b:

Is it possible to find out the percentages/results from written sections of exams (in modules that included course-work)?

And if so, how? Would they have to view the scripts, or would the break-downs be given elsewhere?

Cheers.

The best thing to do would be to email the lecturer and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Hi Crea,

Your niece can resit a max of four modules (D and F) in the summer repeats, in order to avoid this and lessen the damage done by a bad 1st semester she will need to get an average high B's in all of the modules this coming spring semester just to break even. that's what she has to aim for if she is serious about the course.

Hmmmmm. That'll be tough. Thank for the info, i'll pass it on and hopefully she'll be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mgtp45

Hi Im in year 3 in ul,, my session QCA value is 3.27 and my accumulated QCA is 2.86 but when i calculated my QCA e.g A2=3.6=6 credits sum=(3.6x6=21.6) B1=3.2=6 credits sum=(3.2x6=19.2) B2=3.0 = 3 credits (3.0x3=9) B2=3.0=3 (3.0x3=9) credits which gives a total of 58.8=(Adding what all the credits weigh) = 6=6=3=3=18. Divided 58.8/18=3.26 rounded up to 3.27. This gives me a QCA of 3.27 so does this mean that my QCA is 3.27. Can anyone tell me is my QCA 3.27 like above=session QCA or is it the accumulated one above=2.86. Would like to think that my QCA is 3.27 :rolleyes:. Would just like to ask is my QCA the session QCA or the accumulated QCA?...

I got a session QCA value of 3.27 for this semester,, I think this is brill but my accumulated QCA is 2.86 and im dissapointed in this how can they give a semester 3.27 and then give you an accumulated of 2.86 rounded up to 2.9 accumulated QCA. Im in year 3 and want a honours degree highest one I can get on completing year 4, how close am I to achieving this in year 4, doing nursing in ul.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GraGra90

mgtp45 wrote: »
    I got a session QCA value of 3.27 for this semester,, I think this is brill but my accumulated QCA is 2.86 and im dissapointed in this how can they give a semester 3.27 and then give you an accumulated of 2.86 rounded up to 2.9 accumulated QCA. Im in year 3 and want a honours degree highest one I can get on completing year 4, how close am I to achieving this in year 4, doing nursing in ul.

Basically, your semester QCA is your QCA taking into account last semester alone. Your accumulated QCA is your QCA taking into account all the semesters that count towards your final degree so far (so I'm assuming your second year exams & first semester of third year unless first year counts for nurses). I don't know the weighting of nursing so can't tell you whether or not achieving a 1.1 is practical - you'll need to speak to Aoife Kenny the Education Officer in the SU who can help you figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 montybee

Im also in 3rd year with a current accumulated QCA of 2.81 with no summer exams to sit, will my qca remain at this going into 4th year?
    Im aiming for a final 2.9 or 3.0 for a 2.1 degree.
    Also, what is residual qca for and with only an FYP next year is a QCA of 3.0 and above achieveable:confused:

No for nursing students first year QCA is unfortunately:mad: not carried through, Thanks for your answer..:) GraGra90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Whats the story with viewing scripts? How do I apply, when do I apply, etc..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Nolimits12 wrote: »
    Whats the story with viewing scripts? How do I apply, when do I apply, etc..?

For the kemmy the deadline to apply was yesterday and we view them on the 30th and the 1st. Check with your department though it could be different.

For the kemmy the deadline to apply was yesterday and we view them on the 30th and the 1st. Check with your department though it could be different.

Sh!t.. maybe I can still get in though? I read the academic calender and it said those viewing days for everyone so my dept is probably the same. I've been so busy this week and I presumed deadline would be next week... :/

Sh!t.. maybe I can still get in though? I read the academic calender and it said those viewing days for everyone so my dept is probably the same. I've been so busy this week and I presumed deadline would be next week... :/

Go onto your department website and try find the form and download it and hand it in tommorow and hopefully it will work out

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Are students just gone plain stupid these days??

I get results on the 19th, am not happy so I want to view my scripts.... What will I do????

2options....

1. I will just sit around and presume in a few weeks I can just call in and say I want to look at my scipt. (VERY GOOD IDEA)

OR,

2. I send an e-mail to the lecturer on the day I get the results asking how to get a recheck. Or better still actually call into college on the 1st Monday, call to the department office and fill out the form. (BUT THATS JUST WASTING MY TIME)

Have ye any brains at all?

DaveR1 wrote: »

I get results on the 19th, am not happy so I want to view my scripts.... What will I do????

2options....

1. I will just sit around and presume in a few weeks I can just call in and say I want to look at my scipt. (VERY GOOD IDEA)

OR,

2. I send an e-mail to the lecturer on the day I get the results asking how to get a recheck. Or better still actually call into college on the 1st Monday, call to the department office and fill out the form. (BUT THATS JUST WASTING MY TIME)

Well for your information I was not sitting around wasting my time. I have actually had ZERO time thanks to the lovely FYP. Jumping to conclusions like that is just plain ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Well for your information I was not sitting around wasting my time. I have actually had ZERO time thanks to the lovely FYP. Jumping to conclusions like that is just plain ignorant.

Enough time to post on boards, but not enough to send an email?

Wow. I've posted here three or four times and here I am, making an inflammatory comment. I should stick to lurking!

Yes, when I realised I should get on sorting the exam script stuff out.. After the super busy stuff.

You ask a simple question and instantly get lashed out at. God, some people!

DaveR1 wrote: »

2options....

OR,

You need to relax. they came here for answers not to have a rant from you. There are times where I've got better and quicker replies from the fine people of boards than I have from members of the faculty to be honest!

• Advertisement
Advertisement