Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

ben36 wrote: »
    It's not the postage its the £ equals € that has me hooked.3 weeks and €500 later i'm still shopping like an auld one.I've presents bought for my kids 10th birthday and she's only 7.Nerf Inline Skates for €3,sure they're giving them away for that price:o

And they say there's a recession?!?!?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sidekick!

just ordered some items. should I be worried the Delivery address says TA instead of tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

A free gift worth €7 is a nice touch. I'm waiting on my second order now hopefully with a mug so I can see this thing up close

No mug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

sidekick! wrote: »
    just ordered some items. should I be worried the Delivery address says TA instead of tipperary?

Im from tipp and it said that when my order was going through. Dhl will ring you anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

all of you who haven't got a mug just email CS right after you place your order saying you would really like to have a mug.
    That's what i did after reading some posters here saying they didn't get a mug and my order total was 24. so it might work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh 3 items in my basket have gone out stock while I was looking at other stuff to buy :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

all of you who haven't got a mug just email CS right after you place your order saying you would really like to have a mug.
    That's what i did after reading some posters here saying they didn't get a mug and my order total was 24. so it might work!

What email address did you use,please? I've had 19 orders now and NO mug :)

Thanks,
    mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

mickzer wrote: »

Thanks,
    mickzer.

Aw just give up, ha!

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Aw just give up, ha!

Ha! I wish I could , but I already have order number 20 on the way.
    I have ordered a suitcase this time....no excuse for them..haha

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Karen23 wrote: »
    Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh 3 items in my basket have gone out stock while I was looking at other stuff to buy :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Try their Amazon and Ebay Stores, I found a Jacket that had sold out on their site while in my basket, on Ebay for kids. Then found it on Amazon for Men. :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ha! I wish I could , but I already have order number 20 on the way.
    I have ordered a suitcase this time....no excuse for them..haha

mickzer.

I've ordered a suitcase today too , I wonder will it work for us :o

I wouldn't mind , I don't even have room in my press for another mug/glass :p

Karen23 wrote: »
    I've ordered a suitcase today too , I wonder will it work for us :o

I wouldn't mind , I don't even have room in my press for another mug/glass :p

I have no room either..:o
    I just want to be able to say I got ONE of 'em:)

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mysticalman

Thargor wrote: »
    Anything I need to know about shoe sizes before I order? Will a 10 or 11 from them be generally the same as you'd expect to get on grafton st or do adjustments need to be made the way you do with some sites?

I got a pair of golf shoes size 11 but they were too small. I always get a size 11 but need to send them back for a size 12. Only problem is the chap in the post office says it will cost 25 euro to send them back registered post !!!! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got a pair of golf shoes size 11 but they were too small. I always get a size 11 but need to send them back for a size 12. Only problem is the chap in the post office says it will cost 25 euro to send them back registered post !!!! Any ideas?

Your best bet is to try sell them and order them again.Some people on here have managed to get postage costs refunded but only after constant e mailing and for big mistakes made by SD [2 left shoes sent etc] i wouldnt think they would refund 25 euro for being a size out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Try the sports department in Heatons, it's Sports direct under a different name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Even a regular shop does not have to refund \ swap in these circumstances as the goods were fit for purpose. It's only reasonable thay you foot the cost for your mistake.

Also, a UK law (which often is the same in Ireland)
    RETURN REASONS ALLOWED
    Type of purchase:
    Contracts for goods or services ordered from an EU-based business via mail order, phone or online.

Protection from: The Distance Selling Regulations

Time to cancel: Seven working days from the day after you receive goods

Exceptions: ...

How to cancel the contract:
    You usually need to write to let the seller know, although some allow you to cancel by phone. As soon as you've cancelled, take good care of all of the goods in your contract, as you have to send them all back in reasonable condition (but not necessarily in the same packaging). You'll also usually be asked to pay for return delivery, unless the seller doesn't say this in its T&Cs, or the goods were faulty.

Getting a refund: The seller must then pay back any cash within 30 days, including cost of delivery to you – although be sure to specifically ask for this to be included as some stores don't add it automatically. If it didn't tell you about your cancellation rights, you may have longer to cancel the order.
    Specific delivery: If you or the seller specified a certain delivery date (eg in time for a birthday or Christmas) but your order wasn't delivered on time you've a right to a full refund. If a date wasn't specified at all, then delivery should be within 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Thanks,
    mickzer.

cs@sportsdirect.com

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 glynandpam

Wife found out about this and is buyin weekly we got a mug good thing is the £ price is the same as the € price and shipping only €1 Happy Days

Mysticalman, do you mind me asking which brand they are? DH wants new golf shoes and I was going to order them over the weekend. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Thanks,
    mickzer.

19 orders and no mug... Ouch!

Thought I was bad with no mug on my 5 th order. If I don't get one this time I'm ringing up and complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just ordered a lot of outdoor wear. Extremely cheap and they have to be applauded for keeping the prices between pounds and euro near identical. So many companies take the mick with their exchange rates.

How much is P&P now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

How much is P&P now?

€1

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    €1

Just on the site.
    Are they really giving £ = € prices also??

Oh I wish I didn't discover this! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Just on the site.
    Are they really giving £ = € prices also??

Oh I wish I didn't discover this! :-(

Yes euro price is the same as pound price.
    Just make sure you change the currency from £ to Eur , top right hand corner of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Has anyone tried anything from the Headphones section?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hayezer wrote: »
    Has anyone tried anything from the Headphones section?

I'd say they're terrible to be honest.
    I didn't know there was one and had a look after you posted that.

I wouldn't touch the €0.99c ones I'd find that a waste of 99cents... wink.png

The ones under a tenner can be matched by decent well known brands if you look around.

I saw Creative EP-630 headphones for £8stg on Amazon a few weeks ago. They seem to be sold out now, but are available on Amazon France.

Sony MDR-J10L Over Ear earphone are available for £6.50 on Amazon

They may not be the best Earphones ever, but they are great for those prices.

Look up Sennheiser on Amazon for decent quality Headphones under €20. They have amazing quality ones going up in the 100's, but sticking under €20..

If you look around you'll see loads of good deals on earphones..:)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Mysticalman, do you mind me asking which brand they are? DH wants new golf shoes and I was going to order them over the weekend. TIA.

They are the Addidas Lite Golf Shoes....in white. Very nice shoes.

They are the Addidas Lite Golf Shoes....in white. Very nice shoes.

Ha ha, I'm not stalking you or anything, I just happened to be here :) thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ha ha, I'm not stalking you or anything, I just happened to be here :) thanks for your help.

:) Haha very good. Thought you were very quick. Thanks.

Advertisement