Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the Londoners - an introductions & general chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

How so Joe wrote: »
    Is it time for a back to school beers yet?? We can complain about the extra traffic on the roads, and how obnoxious school kids are?

aye, southside too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Room for a newbie? Just got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Hi there,

My name is Tara and I used to post on this forum ages ago (I just realised that it was nearly two years since my last post!!!). I moved away from London, went travelling, got married etc etc so am only coming back to boards.ie now.

I'm living in East London for the last few months and am currently trying my hand at writing. I love reading, exploring the East End especially the pubs and going to the cinema.

I'd definitely be on for meeting up for a drink at some point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Cheetara wrote: »
    Hi there,

My name is Tara and I used to post on this forum ages ago (I just realised that it was nearly two years since my last post!!!). I moved away from London, went travelling, got married etc etc so am only coming back to boards.ie now.

I'm living in East London for the last few months and am currently trying my hand at writing. I love reading, exploring the East End especially the pubs and going to the cinema.

I'd definitely be on for meeting up for a drink at some point :)

Welcome back Cheetara! East Londoner here too :)

Welcome back Cheetara! East Londoner here too :)

Thanks LadyMayBelle :)

I'm living in beautiful (;)) Forest Gate .....where are you?

• Advertisement

Thanks LadyMayBelle :)

I'm living in beautiful (;)) Forest Gate .....where are you?

Hackney! The bustling little hub that it is!

Hackney! The bustling little hub that it is!

Not a bad old spot....I love The Pembury Tavern with it's bar billiards and tasty pizzas!

Not a bad old spot....I love The Pembury Tavern with it's bar billiards and tasty pizzas!

I shall have to attend :)

I shall have to attend :)

Defo worth a look especially if you like porter/stout.....it's very near Hackney Central station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LovelyLDN

An East London girl here too, Rotherhithe! Defs up for some local pub crawls :)

• Advertisement

LovelyLDN wrote: »

Hi there.....looks like we've the beginning of plan here :D

Let's get on it!!

Let's get on it!!

I'm heading back to Dublin for the next few days but I'd be on for a pint next week if it suits!

Mise freisin!

And me!

Does next Wednesday evening suit any of you Eastenders (or anyone who wants a pint)? Somewhere around Liverpool street as it's central???
    All alternative suggestions welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I'm sorry but you need to get with the programme, Rotherhithe is south (sarf) London not east London. Not a lot of people know that as Rotherhithe-born Maurice Micklewhite would let you know. If you don't know who Maurice Micklewhite is, you need to move out of the area!

Does next Wednesday evening suit any of you Eastenders (or anyone who wants a pint)? Somewhere around Liverpool street as it's central???
    All alternative suggestions welcome :)

Can't make next Wednesday Im afraid, but Thurs or Fri would work.. can always get the next one if ye still want to go ahead.
    Gorgeous little places in and around Redchurch Street in Shoreditch OR if it's sunny there's always Boxpark near Shoreditch/Liverpool St.
    Waterpoet is nice in Liverpool Street although often very busy, Breakfast Club too.

Can't do Thursday but Friday could work .

South East. Check the post code. My rent is awesome so I'm not moving out of the area but thanks for the advice.

Friday drinks could work for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

South East. Check the post code. My rent is awesome so I'm not moving out of the area but thanks for the advice.

Friday drinks could work for me too!

Post codes can be misleading. East London is all north of the river irrespective of whether or not you've an E after the S, South London is all South of the river despite Westminster and Knightsbridge and all over there being SW postcodes.

West London on the other hand hmm I'd include places South of the river I think such as Richmond even though it doesn't have a London postcode at all!

None of this is official let me add, the London Plan for example completely contradicts me.

Cheetara, Lovely LDN, I CAN do Wednesday after all! Still in>?

Wednesday actually works better for me than Friday! I'm in!

Wednesday actually works better for me than Friday! I'm in!
    I'm in too :)
    Where are we heading for?

If it's not a pain for anyone, I'm gonna suggest the BoxPark in Shoreditch, which is literally outside Shoreditch overground station and about a five minute walk from Liverpool Street Station; E1 6GY

Reason being is that they have food (Thai, PIES! fish and chips, sushi etc) and drinks, PLUS tonnes of lovely places around there and Redchurch Street if it's busy...

I'm PM you my number, but freel free to suggest an alternative.
    Time wise, please say, but I'll throw out 18:45ish??

That sounds prefect to me. Ill text you when I arrive.See you then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

It's too late for me. Save yourselves!

• Advertisement

See you ladies there!

Advertisement