Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the Londoners - an introductions & general chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Anyone up for a few pints tonight.

I moved into ealing last weekend and looking to meet some drinking buddies!

I was visiting a friend around there yesterday evening, sorry to only see your post now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I was visiting a friend around there yesterday evening, sorry to only see your post now!

No worries. Give me a shout if your up for pints anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 helpwanted01

Hey all,

Anyone in the Clapham area up for watching the big game tonight in a pub somewhere?

Let me know.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*waves*

Moving over in early July - will be living in Kentish Town and working kinda between London Bridge and Bermondsey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

*waves*

Moving over in early July - will be living in Kentish Town and working kinda between London Bridge and Bermondsey. :)

Good luck with the commute; by Kentsh Town, the Northern Line can very fatten be very full for the whole morning rush period. Used to work at London Bridge (where the Shard is now) from 96-01 and have lived in The Borough and Bermondsey since then. Great place for work, less hectic on the streets and in cafes/restaurants than in the city. Shopping not necessarily as good. Whereabouts are you working?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just to let ye know, Maeve Higgins is now living among us here in London. She has a weekly column in the Irish Post.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/entertainment/maeve-higgins/maeve-higgins-strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Just to let ye know, Maeve Higgins is now living among us here in London. She has a weekly column in the Irish Post.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/entertainment/maeve-higgins/maeve-higgins-strangers

I'm confused. She says she's 24 in the article, but she's 32!? Is this the same comedienne from Naked Camera?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

enda1 wrote: »
    I'm confused. She says she's 24 in the article, but she's 32!? Is this the same comedienne from Naked Camera?

I thought the same. There's no way she's only 24! The whole piece was a bit too erratic for me.

I can give her one tip for a Cork girl living in London - slow down when you speak or nobody will understand you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

No way is she 24! I can handle her in small doses but have to say her character on Naked Camera was my least favourite. Will still read the column though! Thanks for the link Silvervixen

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sea08

Anyone up for a few pints tonight.

I moved into ealing last weekend and looking to meet some drinking buddies!

Bit of a late reply but I'm living around Ealing Broadway. Probably be around Saturday to watch the Lions if your about and fancy a meet up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Hi all, fresh off the emigration wagon and living in East London. Just thought I'd say hello as I'm sure I'll be posting around these parts if/when the homesickness hits! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

TwoBirds wrote: »
    Hi all, fresh off the emigration wagon and living in East London. Just thought I'd say hello as I'm sure I'll be posting around these parts if/when the homesickness hits! :)

Welcome! East London is a good spot, granted Im biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

I'm moving over on the 22nd Aug. I'll be living in Charlton, Greenwich and working in Southwark. Get in touch if anyone is close; I need some drinking buds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭splanagan22

I'm moving over on the 22nd Aug. I'll be living in Charlton, Greenwich and working in Southwark. Get in touch if anyone is close; I need some drinking buds ;)

Hi

I'm not too far and I'm living in beckenham and working in Woolwich for another while longer.
    I'm new to London too so I need drinking buddies as well. Best of luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hi

I'm not too far and I'm living in beckenham and working in Woolwich for another while longer.
    I'm new to London too so I need drinking buddies as well. Best of luck with the move.

I'm just about to move to Beckenham actually after a few years out in Surrey. Whereabouts are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Another Beckenhamite here!

I'm just about to move to Beckenham actually after a few years out in Surrey. Whereabouts are you living?

Live just up the road from beckenham junction on the Avenue. It's a nice place but just a little far out sometimes. Where you moving too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I posted this over on the travel forum but thought ye all may know better:

I'm flying Stansted to Kerry this week and am wondering if anyone knows which gate range ryanair use for this flight or in general for flights to Ireland?

I see that their "international" flights fly from a different area to "domestic". Is Ireland under their designation of domestic or international?

The reason I ask is that the No. 1 lounge at gate 49 is only available if flying Ryanair to international destinations or so they say.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

enda1 wrote: »
    I posted this over on the travel forum but thought ye all may know better:

I'm flying Stansted to Kerry this week and am wondering if anyone knows which gate range ryanair use for this flight or in general for flights to Ireland?

I see that their "international" flights fly from a different area to "domestic". Is Ireland under their designation of domestic or international?

The reason I ask is that the No. 1 lounge at gate 49 is only available if flying Ryanair to international destinations or so they say.

I don't know, but in Stansted they charge for the plastic bags used for liquids so if you have one bring it with you

• Advertisement

Live just up the road from beckenham junction on the Avenue. It's a nice place but just a little far out sometimes. Where you moving too?

The other side of the tracks, just off Hayne Road, close enough to the Odeon and Beckenham Spa.

The fiancee's sister lives in Bromley so will be good to be closer to family.

Seems there's a few of us from Beckenham so, we'll have to do a mini Boards Beers meetup! :D

The other side of the tracks, just off Hayne Road, close enough to the Odeon and Beckenham Spa.

The fiancee's sister lives in Bromley so will be good to be closer to family.

Seems there's a few of us from Beckenham so, we'll have to do a mini Boards Beers meetup! :D

its a nice area,,a meetup would be great,,sure give me a shout if your about,,talk soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LovelyLDN

Hi!!

I've been living in London for up on 2 years now but would love to meet new folk from home for a few beers! I work in the West End and live in Rotherhithe ...Give me a shout!

Hi Lovelyldn

I'm working in Southwark so I'm close. I'm moving over next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LovelyLDN

Brónaim cád, that's awesome! Good luck with the move and give me a shout when you're over!

its a nice area,,a meetup would be great,,sure give me a shout if your about,,talk soon

We're moving in at the end of the month, so once we're settled I'll get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Another newbie here !

Been over and back for a few years regularly but now have completed a move and living in Hammersmith.

Its all very new even though I've been coming to London for ages!

Just moved into my house, it's ages away and it's in a really boring area - Charlton!

Just moved into my house, it's ages away and it's in a really boring area - Charlton!

its not too far out around there,,also its just seems like its boring because your just moved in,,you have blackheath just down the road which is good area and then sure its only a bus or train to lively areas,,but its the same everywhere on the outskirts,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Is it time for a back to school beers yet?? We can complain about the extra traffic on the roads, and how obnoxious school kids are?

Advertisement