Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age should people stop wearing converse?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I still don't understand why anybody (other than impressionable teenagers taken in by the marketing) would buy them though, you can get pretty much identical shoes in penneys or the like for about a 10er or if you want to spend a bit more you can buy an actual quality pair of shoes for the same price as cons or less.
    I'm currently a pair of leather work-boots that are over 15 years old only cost about 10 pounds. My one and only ever pair of cons (I was a young and impressionable douchebag of a teenager completely taken in by the marketing) didn't even last a summer and they cost 40 odd euro.
    In fairness all the converse I had lasted about 3 years and were still in good nick when I got rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've never owned a pair of converse in my life and probably never will. But I wouldn't think there was an age limit on when to wear them. Wear what you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Only problem with converse is that there so comfortable I wear them all the time and they only last about 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

I'm 32 and I have 3 pairs. I say go for it! Best trainers ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

WTF are converse.
    I'm sorry to see that financial pressures have forced you to leave your home and take up residence under a rock. These turbulent economic times are hard on all of us.

They're great shoes anyway, stylish and practical (very good for lifting weights). Converse on a chick is something of a turn-on for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I'm 143 and still wearing them. Fcuck the haterz!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

RickRoll wrote: »
    45? Come on now, you're a bit long in the tooth for wearing Converse.

42 and still wear mine.

Dont give a toss what anyone thinks, maybe they should mind their own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Runners 'til I die.

fuckin' hate shoes.

I have a wedding to attend which means buying a pair of black shoes and I hate every pair I've looked at. I particularly hate those ugly ass Rumpelstiltskin shoes that are supposed to look classy with a suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I like to dress like this 40 years old man. Love the style, including converse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Does nobody think they look so scruffy? To me there a shoe you wear when your 8 years old in a movie set in the suburbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

EdenHazard wrote: »
    P.S Converse are absolutely muck, get some real shoes like supra high tops. Converse look scruffy.
    lololololololol gtfo
    nummnutts wrote: »
    Why don't you just skateboard on out of here? We can't be having that sort of talk around here.
    SKATE OR DIE 666

Advertisement