Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age should people stop wearing converse?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'm about to hit my thirties and something's bothering me....I love converse shoes, I've got feckin heaps of them.

But, I'm not one of those losers that wears odd ones or wears them even when it's bucketing down cats & dogs, anywho, I was thinkin to meself there the other day when I was younger thatI saw an older guy like in his 30s/40s wearing cons I always thought, "ha, what a gimp, trying to me cool" I don't wanna be that gimp, should I stop wearing them?
    At what age should people stop wearing converse?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

WTF are converse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭marketty

You got white people problems man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I'm 34 and still wear them. If someone has a problem with it, then it's their problem, not mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm gonna go with never too. Best shoes ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Materialistic idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

when I was younger thatI saw an older guy like in his 30s/40s wearing cons I always thought, "ha, what a gimp, trying to me cool" I don't wanna be that gimp,

too late I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I got my first converse when I was 11. I have always had at least one pair since and still wear them aged 35 (i currently have 3 pairs)

If the kids think its uncool that I wear them, they should look for something else to wear, coz I couldn't give a **** about them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

IMO if you are over the age of 42 and 3/4, 2 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours and 33 minutes then it is time to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

As long as you dont wear them with skinny jeans then you are never to old to wear converse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Prioritise reaching an age where you don't think it matters a sh1t what other people think of what you wear, no matter what age.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

when you cant get a colour to match your colostomy bag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

They're nice but i'm really fond of Vans now and i'm 29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've been wearing Docs/Solovair Docs since the 80's. Do I give a fuck what anyone thinks at this stage? No, no I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

What are converse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Converse are ****! Vans and circa's are the way to go, more comfy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sindri wrote: »
    What are converse?

These remarkably flimsy looking things.
    http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/c/converse-3087.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

At what age should people stop giving a **** about what other people wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Converse are overpriced crap, bought by idiots who think the brand enhances them in some way

Anyone for a twisted ankle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Ahh yeah, are they some hip youth thing?

They don't look that nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

D1stant wrote: »
    Converse are overpriced crap, bought by idiots who think the brand enhances them in some way

Anyone for a twisted ankle?

Well I've been wearing them for around 15 years, still haven't twisted my ankle in them. As for overpriced, probably. But not as overpriced as other footwear that's churned out in factories in China or Vietnam; eg Nike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

They're not exactly statement wear so I think you can wear them forever. I wear them (34), my older siblings wear them, my preteen nieces wear them and my mum (68) wears them. They've been around so long, it is sort of equivalent to asking how long you can continue to wear jeans.

How much are a pair of Converse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The fact that you think like that is a bit sad.

Katgurl wrote: »
    They're not exactly statement wear so I think you can wear them forever. I wear them (34), my older siblings wear them, my preteen nieces wear them and my mum (68) wears them. They've been around so long, it is sort of equivalent to asking how long you can continue to wear jeans.
    What else do they wear? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭keithb93

OP you should never have started wearing them. A load of crap worn by little girls is what they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They're all I wear really when I'm not in work, always found them comfortable so I don't envisage to stop wearing them anytime soon. They can be bad for your knees though as there is no support offered in the sole at all. I broke my leg in a pair while climbing over a wall, there was nothing to absorb the shock when I jumped down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

TheZohan wrote: »
    Well I've been wearing them for around 15 years, still haven't twisted my ankle in them. As for overpriced, probably. But not as overpriced as other footwear that's churned out in factories in China or Vietnam; eg Nike.

Converse are made in China and owned by Nike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Give me a pair of Ecco's from Clarkes any day of the week

Advertisement