Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martinez Macklin March 17 MSG

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

walshb wrote: »
    But, surely gaining 14 lbs say for a 140 lb man in 12-14 hrs, (weigh in 1 at 1900-2100 day 1 and weigh in 2 at 0930 the next day) is a whole lot of gain. That's a massive allowance for 12-14 hrs of time difference. A lot of rehydration. I wonder did even Ricky Fatton weight 154 lbs for many of his LWW fights at fight time, let alone at 0930 on fight day

Is it that much for someone who's dehydrated? I go from 177lbs to 184lbs over the course of a normal day and that's with normal hydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,184 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Henno30 wrote: »
    Is it that much for someone who's dehydrated? I go from 177lbs to 184lbs over the course of a normal day and that's with normal hydration.

In 12 hrs I think 14 lbs is a fair lot for a 140 lbs man. Now, in 24-30 hrs that is a different story.

That is why I wondered what Hatton, a 140 lb man, would have weighed when stepping into the ring at fight time. From what I have seen from him he still looked fairly lean in the ring, 24-30 hrs after the weigh in. I would guess at fight time he was 150-152 lbs in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jim Watt said on Sky last night: "He didn't have the luck of the Irish"
    but were Sky not promoting him as a British Fighter with Irish roots before the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Did two of the judges have Macklin winning the fight when it was stopped?I went over to it and havent watched it on tv again.He did well but I couldnt see how they would have him winning the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Did two of the judges have Macklin winning the fight when it was stopped?I went over to it and havent watched it on tv again.He did well but I couldnt see how they would have him winning the fight.

One of the judges had him three points ahead at the beginning of the 11th, and the other two had Sergio up by one point. After the 11th, he was level on that first card and behind by four on the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement