Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft and their notorious inability to keep a secret strikes again.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1276995323395805189

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was looking forward to that dungeon keeper Fable game before they axed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Varik wrote: »
    If this turns out to be a stunt for a new streaming site I'll be pissed.

I did see a rumour that involved a new streaming site from Google and Spotify, but dismissed it out of hand.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Microsoft and their notorious inability to keep a secret strikes again.

Must admit, I loved the original N64 Perfect Dark. Dare I say it, I liked the SP more than Goldeneye's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I did see a rumour that involved a new streaming site from Google and Spotify, but dismissed it out of hand. But at that point I thought I'd

Spotify is moving for video after making deals with a number of people mostly at googles expense so I'd assume not.

if it was spotify i'd say it wouldn't be with google.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Spotify would make sense though. They need a visual aspect now for Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Spotify are pivoting to video? That's kinda disappointing. Wish companies would stick to their core strengths rather take a wild punt on a totally different medium. Especially, if they're going into streaming, one with mega dominant forces already in existence. It usually just hurts the core, pre-existing product.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Next month is special for Sony’s PlayStation Plus. It will be celebrating its tenth anniversary of service and for this occasion, three PS4 titles will be free in July for subscribers. Visual Concepts’ NBA 2K20, Crystal Dynamics’ Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration and Flavourworks’ Erica will all be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I'm just saying that promoting a streamer to me, who only plays 1 game, a game that I've never played, or anything in the same genre for that fact, was obvious it was a final push for traction with the platform :)

you spelt it Death Kneel instead of death knell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skerries wrote: »
    you spelt it Death Kneel instead of death knell

I don't know the difference, sorry :)
    Perhaps I shouldn't have use a phrase I can't spell.

I meant "last legs" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't know the difference, sorry :)
    Perhaps I shouldn't have use a phrase I can't spell.

I meant "last legs" :)
    The phrase is death knell, as in a church bell ringing for a death.

A death kneel is when you spend too much time kneeling down and your legs fall asleep from the knees down*.

* May be something I just made up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Death Kneel is the new Hideo Kojima game, in which you play Neil ‘Kneel’ Church, who has to save a doomed world by visiting abandoned military bases and kneeling in front of a flag to reawaken the Old Patriot Network (basically a sci-fi Deliveroo / USSR hybrid). Highly unsubtle in its metaphors about modern America and the Black Lives Matter movement, you fight bosses such as Octopus Orange (an eight-armed cyborg with a bad toupee - a thinly veiled Trump reference) and EscapeFromNewYorkMan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Death Kneel is the new Hideo Kojima game, in which you play Neil ‘Kneel’ Church, who has to save a doomed world by visiting abandoned military bases and kneeling in front of a flag to reawaken the Old Patriot Network (basically a sci-fi Deliveroo / USSR hybrid). Highly unsubtle in its metaphors about modern America and the Black Lives Matter movement, you fight bosses such as Octopus Orange (an eight-armed cyborg with a bad toupee - a thinly veiled Trump reference) and EscapeFromNewYorkMan.

I.... actually thought this was serious for a moment.

I'm kind of disappointed.

Is it a direct sequel to Death Standing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is it a direct sequel to Death Standing?

The twist nine-tenths of the way through is it’s actually a Zone of the Enders sequel.

The twist nine-tenths of the way through is it’s actually a Zone of the Enders sequel.
    3ixajt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

This was far far too convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The la-li-lu-le-lo?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

This post proves that's it's virtually impossible to satirise Hideo Kojima's games as this is perfectly plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Featuring an expansive map with areas such as Town City, Midtown City, Central Town City, Upper Town City, City City, River Town City, City City Bang Bang and Game Map City.

I was questioning whether EscapeFromNewYorkMan was a step too far for the gag, but Die-Hardman is still IMO the single most absurd thing in the history of video games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I was questioning whether EscapeFromNewYorkMan was a step too far for the gag, but Die-Hardman is still IMO the single most absurd thing in the history of video games.

Just when you thought he couldn't top Hot Coldman.

Or was it Cold Hotman? I honestly cannot remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Zone of the Enders 3: Metal Wolf Chaos 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Totally unbelievable. Kojima-san would never force politics into our video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53253195

The House of Lords gambling committee say lootboxes should be regulated under gambling laws. Hopefully we follow suit over here.

So this is happening.

https://twitter.com/AmazonStudios/status/1278733996357111808?s=20

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy (Westworld) are involved, and seems they want to retain the series sense of humour and alternate 50s sci-fi vibe. More at Variety.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

J. Marston wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53253195

The House of Lords gambling committee say lootboxes should be regulated under gambling laws. Hopefully we follow suit over here.

I very much hope so too, amazing how this is one of the things that's managed to slip through the cracks over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2K announced their next gen plans for NBA 2K21. You can get a free upgrade to next gen version IF you buy the Legend Edition on current gen which is 100$. The base game is $60 current gen and will be 70$ next gen (70 and 80€).

Fans have been asking that 2K put Kobe Bryant on the cover as tribute after his death earlier this year. 2K listened..... And put him on the 100$ version knowing full well people will pay extra for. What does the legend edition get you? 100k virtual currency and some my team cards. The consensus being that you will have to spend at least 40 quid to upgrade your player to where he is actually good so you might as well get the legend edition. And with that, it becomes the norm to pay 100$ for a game that really should be free to play with the way they push mtx and ads. I swear, 2K are pure dirt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So this is happening.

https://twitter.com/AmazonStudios/status/1278733996357111808?s=20

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy (Westworld) are involved, and seems they want to retain the series sense of humour and alternate 50s sci-fi vibe. More at Variety.

Holy shít. Didn't see that coming. Has the potential to be great if done right, TV a better home for a narrative focused franchise like Fallout than film. And being Amazon there's at least a chance they won't completely lowball it either (too easy to just default to empty spaces)

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    2K announced their next gen plans for NBA 2K21. You can get a free upgrade to next gen version IF you buy the Legend Edition on current gen which is 100$. The base game is $60 current gen and will be 70$ next gen (70 and 80€).

Other publishers are considering price hikes, so $70 could be the new "regular" price for next gen games. (source).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement