Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Varik wrote: »
    Gonna start this off with a whole load of * as who the **** knows if the reason given is true or not.

Janne Mikkonen, a Hearthstone streamer/pro got banned by Blizzard from a competition. According to him this wasn't because of anything he did but because his wife who was among the mass layoffs from Blizzard called them out on things. I don't know if she was the central to protesting the layoffs or just 1/800 but in either case he was banned for something he didn't do*.

A.K.A Savjz, I knew his wife used to work for Blizz but hadn't heard any of this. Did wonder why he wasn't taking part in the Battlegrounds tournie they held yesterday as he streams it a lot [gets some of the higher number viewers for the game still]. He has since received an apology [according to his personal twitter acc] from the community leader who banned him and is allowed to take part in future events, but both he and his wife still feel hurt by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No idea what's going on here, but the creative director of AC Valhalla is stepping down for family reasons.

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/1275839403211010048?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    No idea what's going on here, but the creative director of AC Valhalla is stepping down for family reasons.

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/1275839403211010048?s=20

Supposedly he cheated on his wife, well that's what's being said on resetera

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Supposedly he cheated on his wife, well that's what's being said on resetera

Saw the tweet of the woman he cheated with outing him...

https://twitter.com/matronedea/status/1274777363771867136

Let me preface this by saying the guy is clearly the cúnt in this before anyone thinks I'm taking his side.

But I do not understand why this is done through social media. Contact his wife and let her know directly. I can't imagine she would want this dragged through the public sphere. There are kids involved. I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

J. Marston wrote: »

Let me preface this by saying the guy is clearly the cúnt in this before anyone thinks I'm taking his side.

But I do not understand why this is done through social media. Contact his wife and let her know directly. I can't imagine she would want this dragged through the public sphere. There are kids involved. I know I wouldn't.

Damn right. There's two simple principles for this Twitter carry on. Is the behaviour legal? If yes, then call the police to deal with it

If no, and it doesnt directly involve you, then mind your own damn business.

• Advertisement

Sam Barlow (Her Story, Telling Lies) is returning to horror for his next game; Project Ambrosio (although the title, and much of the description, have been "redacted" from its Steam page).
    ABOUT THIS GAME
    ████ █████ █████ “██████”, ██ █████ █ █. █. ███ ████ Gothic ███ ██ ███. █ ██ ███ ████ ██ █ ██ ████ █████.

██ ██ ███ ██ ██ ███ ████, “███” ██ ████ █ ███. ██ █ NYC, █ ███ ███ ██ ██ ███ █ █ ███ ████ ██ ███ █████ █ ██ ███ █████ █ █████ ██.

██ ██ ██████, █████ ████ █ ██ █████ ████ █ ██ ████ ███ █ █████ ███ █████. ██ ████ “███████” █ █ ██████ █████ ████ █████ ██ ████ █████ █ ██████ pop star ██ ██ ███ █████.

███ █ ███ ████ ██ ██ ████.

███ ██ █ ███ █ ███ ███, ██ Barlow █████ ██ custodian █ ██████ █████. ██ █████ ██ █████ ██ █████ ██ ███████ ███████ ███████ ██████ █ ██████ ███████ ███ █████ █ █████ █████ concordance.

According to the PC Gamer article, the new game will interrogate "the relationship between the game and the player" and "how stories are told in cinema, from the full creative process to the act of watching."

"I want to see what happens when you put constraints on the player, or when you push them in a direction that isn't entirely comfortable," said Barlow. "And once you get into horror, there are even more options to do that in a game. Her Story and Telling Lies were made up of realistic found footage, but people still call them interactive movies. So in this next project, let's tackle movies."

Tá mé intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Devs being assholes, gamers being assholes, 2020 is just one giant asshole.

https://twitter.com/itsgfreviews/status/1276021587964133377?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1971, pop star, Barlow? It's about Gary Barlow!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Devs being assholes, gamers being assholes, 2020 is just one giant asshole.

https://twitter.com/itsgfreviews/status/1276021587964133377?s=19

It's still at 4.5 on metacritic for user reviews because certain groups seem to be offended by it.... The score was at 3 within hours of it being released so people who hadn't even played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It's still at 4.5 on metacritic for user reviews because certain groups seem to be offended by it.... The score was at 3 within hours of it being released so people who hadn't even played it.

You'd people trying to point out on the TLOU2 thread that the user score on Metacritic meant that the majority of people hated the game and that it was proof that the critics had all been paid off or were too afraid of Sony to give a bad result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You'd people trying to point out on the TLOU2 thread that the user score on Metacritic meant that the majority of people hated the game and that it was proof that the critics had all been paid off or were too afraid of Sony to give a bad result.

I'll bet these people are evenly divided into people that were never gonna buy it in the first place and people that bought it anyway despite being outraged cos they know its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    1971, pop star, Barlow? It's about Gary Barlow!

Since it's 1971 I'd say more likely Ken Barlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Xbox games for Gold July 2020

WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship ($49.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 31 on Xbox One
    Dunk Lords ($19.99 ERP): Available July 16 to August 15 on Xbox One
    Saints Row 2 ($9.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 15 on Xbox One & Xbox 360
    Juju ($14.99 ERP): Available July 16 to 31 on Xbox One & Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah it's an arse thing to do.
    But I'd be willing to place a wager that she doesn't give a toss about his wife or kids as she got hurt. So now she wants to drag his name through the mud and let everyone know. "Screw his wife and kids, he hurt me" etc etc.

Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dude wrote his own sentence there. He's married, had kids and pretended he was single for over a year while he was involved with another woman. How else did he think this was going to go down? No sympathy for him at all.

That said, it has precisely fcuk all to do with videogames.

looks like a woman scorned and all that, she wants him to lose his job, because she was too stupid to realise ..he was playing and she was with him a year?? i don't know who's worse i this scenario. But i agree that he is an ass for cheating but that shouldn't have anything to do with his job.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    looks like a woman scorned and all that, she wants him to lose his job, because she was too stupid to realise ..he was playing and she was with him a year?? i don't know who's worse i this scenario. But i agree that he is an ass for cheating but that shouldn't have anything to do with his job.

He is the worst in this scenario. Obviously, he is.

And it has to do with his job because he was using the fact he was employed by Ubisoft to gain favour and influence with the women he manipulated and used. If he didn't step down, they'd have sacked him.

He is the worst in this scenario. Obviously, he is.

And it has to do with his job because he was using the fact he was employed by Ubisoft to gain favour and influence with the women he manipulated and used. If he didn't step down, they'd have sacked him.

Perhaps, but that's just speculation.

Perhaps, but that's just speculation.
    looks like a woman scorned and all that, she wants him to lose his job, because she was too stupid to realise ..he was playing and she was with him a year??

Good man.

Good man.

Well i commented on what she posted to the public, at no point does it say he used his title at ubisoft to gain favour or influence, unless working at ubisoft gets twitch streamers to date you and text given she only talked about messaging and not "going live" on facetime or even doing anything but that.

Was this an online relationship?

Who knows, but it's 2020, you can be married and not actually be together with your wife.

I guess we will never know.

until she posts again /s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

More drama hitting Blizzard, but this is more related to WoW itself and the worlds top guild, Method.

TLDR is this. A player with their guild called Josh had some really serious accusations against him a year or two ago. It was so bad, and shown to be so valid that Twitch totally banned him, this includes other streamers from even featuring his voice.

Method were called out at the time for keeping him on their roster, and eventually things settled down.

In the recent waves of accusations against various streamers, an awful lot of accusations started to come out against very very popular WoW streamers, and more against Josh.

https://twitter.com/2Alexmae5/status/1275824750720356352?s=20

The above is an example, screenshots of their chats are included. It's extremely important to note a lot of the girls accusing were and still are underage.

Method as an organisation has finally dropped Josh from their roster, but another girl has also made an accusation against the co-CEO.

Also it appears that large amounts of the companies employees world wide, especially the more famous streamers, are leaving the company in droves, and Method has lost a lot of support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of the accounts by the victims are pretty horrific, especially against Method Josh. Police were involved, but apparently it was dropped due to lack of evidence (which happens in a huge amount of rape charges).

Method as a group are dead after this. Everyone has, or will, drop them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Kiith wrote: »
    Some of the accounts by the victims are pretty horrific, especially against Method Josh. Police were involved, but apparently it was dropped due to lack of evidence (which happens in a huge amount of rape charges).

Method as a group are dead after this. Everyone has, or will, drop them now.

As of last night it would appear they've lost a massive amount of their core raiding team for WoW, as well as their US and EU Arena teams. WoWHead has dropped their branding and Corsair has started removing any mention of them too.

Methods entire company is basically dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Power breeds pricks unfortunately. Call 'em out and let them hang.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Possibly related or possibly not, DrDisrespect was permabanned from Twitch. No explanation why is known, and Twitch refused to comment. Whatever it was for, they went full scorched earth on him; his global emotes are gone, partner badges gone, sub refunded, the works.

Whatever it is, it won't be good. And bad timing too if he's not involved with the sexual assault allegations (although if he is, and is guilty, fuk him). Apparently his last 8 minutes on the last stream he did he completely changed, some saying he knew what was going to happen possibly after checking a text on the stream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Spear wrote: »
    Possibly related or possibly not, DrDisrespect was permabanned from Twitch. No explanation why is known, and Twitch refused to comment. Whatever it was for, they went full scorched earth on him; his global emotes are gone, partner badges gone, sub refunded, the works.

He got in trouble - and was previously banned on twitch - for filming in a bathroom at a con, which is illegal in America. IIRC he was also in bother with infidelity, with the usual very public repentance. Only even know the guy for popping up in the news, though his content seems obnoxious. Not sure if either of those would count towards a longer ban though given the way things are ATM, the infidelity might have been tip of the iceberg stuff.

Rich prick is a prick in headline shocker.

If it's "only" infidelity, he'll be grand. MS will probably snap him up and pay him well, for the views. If it's what I reckon it is (convenient timing and all), yeah, he fooked. Don't even like the look of him tbh, but I've heard the name a few times.

But just read this:

Another streamer, Shannon Plante (AKA ShannonZKiller), indicated that she's heard the Dr. Disrepect ban is a permanent one, adding that the cause is "serious." She offered no further specifics, saying she knows the reason for the ban but that she "cannot say" more. She does state that he is "done, and not just on Twitch." At the time of this writing, his YouTube channel and Twitter account remain online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rich prick is a prick in headline shocker.

If it's "only" infidelity, he'll be grand. MS will probably snap him up and pay him well, for the views. If it's what I reckon it is (convenient timing and all), yeah, he fooked. Don't even like the look of him tbh, but I've heard the name a few times.

Microsoft just shuttered their twitch competitor, Mixer, so no, they won't be snapping anyone up for the views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mountain dew have dr disrespect back on their promo stuff so no clue what's going on with this.
    Maybe they panicked and removed him before they knew what's up.

If this turns out to be a stunt for a new streaming site I'll be pissed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement