Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pirates! Gold or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****e list, would want to be fairly cheap. Comix Zone and Sonic Spinball would keep me going a while.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/973953545723629568?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Where the heck is Sonic 3 & Knuckles?!

I can never understand why they omit games from these collections. It costs them nothing at all extra to put their own first party titles on there.
    Where's eternal champions??
    Tbf it's a good selection but i want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wait... maybe I'm picking up the story wrong (I don't follow eSports so that's a possibility), but is this not the case of a paid professional with contractual obligations breaking a clearly defined set of rules set by a professional league, and therefore being suspended from said league? I don't think he's been locked out of the game entirely... in fact, there's archived video of him playing it yesterday (and the day before). I think there'd be a stark difference between a Joe Bloggs, casual player being locked out of their game and this case.

I don't work for Twitter, but I'm pretty confident if I said something with homophobic or racist connotations on Twitter I'd be penalised / suspended / fired by my employer (I'm not sure of the nuances of contracts between leagues, players and teams, mind you) as well as whatever consequences from Twitter itself. This is doubly true if I'd been warned about it before. I'd see this as fairly equivalent of that.

I think there're two different stories getting muddled. 1. This clown getting fired from his pro team. 2. Blizzard banning normal joe soaps for stuff they did "outside the game". The theory being that they would ban you for toxic behaviour on twitch/youtube and that was taken to mean comments.

But that's not true, they ban you if videos of you being a toxic player are posted online. You don't need to be reported in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Comix Zone.....one life jobby wasn't it ...die and back to the beginning of the game.
    So annoying.
    Though after getting through Souls and Celeste etc ....maybe I can try revisit it.

I'd like to see the poster though.

I think they missed a trick though by just releasing it as a game as opposed to hardware like Nintendo Classic.

Although...what's the price they're asking for ?
    I wouldn't pay over $30 for it

Sonic Mania's getting an update in the form of Sonic Mania Plus, coming in Summer 2018, and it will also see a physical release, featuring a 32-page art book, a holographic packge, and a reversible SEGA Mega Drive cover. All for the price of US$29.99. A digital update will also be available.

-An Encore Mode, in a similar vein to Ocarina of Time's Master Quest, will be added.
    -Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel will be playable characters.
    -Competition mode will be expanded to 4 players.

And speaking of Sonic, a racing game has also been announced.
    sonicracinglogo.jpg

Sega are quite busy lately. I like it

Yakuza Kiwami 2 arriving in the west in August. Serious Yakuza overload and I don't mind one bit!

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/975167144127225856?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I actually have Yakuza 3 for the PS3 and Yakuza Kiwami for the PS4 sitting there. I had played zero but found it too cut scene heavy and gave up. I will play those two soon enough (after HZD most likely) and hope there is more gameplay than cut scenes in them.

Zero is way better than Kiwami but the first 4 chapters are very cutscene heavy alright. Kiwami is much lighter on that side of things but I got way more invested in Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

UBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT : Ubisoft reaches agreement with Vivendi for its full exit from Ubisoft's share capital

I know Ubisoft may not be many people's favourite publisher but this is pretty interesting (and arguably good) news given the prospect of a hostile take over from Vivendi and their track record in this area. The move by Tencent is pretty unsurprising given their ambition to, I duno, own a bit of everyone these days. Should be interesting to see how their expansion into China goes at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/976417094693736448

Its the best map from this game imo

• Haven't even played it yet. Have it installed. Will get around to it in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Toxic Management Cost An Award-Winning Game Studio Its Best Developers

There's a pretty comprehensive piece at The Verge on the fairly toxic work environment at Telltale at the moment. It pretty much mirrors some of the comments made when they laid off all the folk last year but it makes for interesting reading nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gizmo wrote: »
    Toxic Management Cost An Award-Winning Game Studio Its Best Developers

There's a pretty comprehensive piece at The Verge on the fairly toxic work environment at Telltale at the moment. It pretty much mirrors some of the comments made when they laid off all the folk last year but it makes for interesting reading nonetheless.

I loved the first Walking Dead game but beyond an episode of The Wolf Among Us, I haven't played more than 15 minutes of any of the many other games that I got free with PS Plus. Something about them sucks the will to live out of me…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seems the new Call of Duty is dropping the single player campaign completely for Black Ops IIII

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17248230/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-single-player-cod-blops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The Dark Souls remaster for the Switch has been delayed to late this summer. It had been scheduled for the end of May. Commentators online are citing issues with the multiplayer aspect.

Kotaku Link

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So seems the new Call of Duty is dropping the single player campaign completely for Black Ops IIII

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17248230/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-single-player-cod-blops

Saw some outrage online and was wondering what that was about. I used to love the old campaigns but starting with Blops 2 I couldn't get into them. Stopped playing COD a few years ago now for several reasons. It might be a good thing if it means they can focus on the MP.
    I'd still expect nothing but disappointment if I bought it though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone gave me CoD WWII for christmas so I felt morally obliged to at least play through the campaign before I traded it in. It was enjoyable enough to be fair, in an average hollywood blockbuster kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Notorious wrote: »
    The Dark Souls remaster for the Switch has been delayed to late this summer. It had been scheduled for the end of May. Commentators online are citing issues with the multiplayer aspect.

Kotaku Link

That makes sense actually as the game wont let you quit (gracefully) if you're getting invaded. When you're playing on Switch, just tapping the power button will disconnect you from the online side but maintains your offline game state.

Also, the Nintendo network may be pure muck too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd replace citing with pure speculation on that comment. Seen nothing concrete other than journos mouthing off with no sources. Could just be performance issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭Evade

That makes sense actually as the game wont let you quit (gracefully) if you're getting invaded. When you're playing on Switch, just tapping the power button will disconnect you from the online side but maintains your offline game state.
    I don't buy that as the reason. On PS3 or PS4 all you have to do is hit the PS button on the controller, scroll over to your account and sign out. It only takes a second or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Prob just a really small team porting it and need a few more weeks to iron out some bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw some outrage online and was wondering what that was about. I used to love the old campaigns but starting with Blops 2 I couldn't get into them. Stopped playing COD a few years ago now for several reasons. It might be a good thing if it means they can focus on the MP.

I was less and less interested in the SP side of things in the last few CoDs, so i'm ok with this, as long as the price matches it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gimli2112 wrote: »

Fortnite, PUGB and Overwatch get no shít because of not having a story and are wildly successful with no interest from fans in a plot. Why should COD be any different?

There are loads of amazing plot-driven games out there. A yearly shootbang FPS doesn't need one and shouldn't waste resources on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fortnite, PUGB and Overwatch get no shít because of not having a story and are wildly successful with no interest from fans in a plot. Why should COD be any different?

There are loads of amazing plot-driven games out there. A yearly shootbang FPS doesn't need one and shouldn't waste resources on one.

PUBG and Overwatch get a pass, as they never had single player to begin with. People are very set in their ways about what they think things should be. - For example, Halo 5 dropped splitscreen play and I was amazed at the amount of people who declared it was a dealbreaker.

On COD - I couldn't force myself to finish BLOPS3's campaign - what I played wasnt bad, It just didnt hook me in any meaningful way. Its a pity though, as the treyarch games have delivered the better campaigns in general IMO.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Many complained at the lack of a proper single player campaign in Titanfall. Many fans of the first then complained when it was announced the second game would have one. Everyone stopped complaining after they played it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Many complained at the lack of a proper single player campaign in Titanfall. Many fans of the first then complained when it was announced the second game would have one. Everyone stopped complaining after they played it though.

yup, one of the best fps campaigns of the last 10 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement