Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff Irish People Like

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Supporting Celtic as their 2nd favourite team.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

A nice bit of ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Bootcut jeans :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Love me a pair of bootcut jeans, what else are ya gonna wear with boots :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Drinking driving and domestic abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Probably mentioned already, but a good funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

A "curry chip" in Supermac's!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When I read the title I thought it was some stroppy teenage young one saying " Stuff Irish people, LIKE"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

corruption, cheating, lying and cute huirism

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

Sardonic humour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pride in your county :cool:
    You would not even dream of buying a second hand car with a reg from your fierce rivals over the border
    You shall have your county colours out during championship season, you will even use chalk to write good luck on the main road in the village

The Brits don't have this passion, well maybe the cricketers do but it's not as intense

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You would not even dream of buying a second hand car with a reg from your fierce rivals over the border
    You shall have your county colours out during championship season, you will even use chalk to write good luck on the main road in the village

The Brits don't have this passion, well maybe the cricketers do but it's not as intense

All while wearing a Man Utd top under the GAA jersey.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Festy wrote: »
    All while wearing a Man Utd top under the GAA jersey.:pac:

Why would you wear a jersey under a jersey?

Irish people love saying 'runners' instead of trainers, sneakers etc!

Sneakers?
    You'd sound like a Yank if you said that

Dutch Gold
    Tap Water
    Picking their nose and eating it when driving
    There mammy's cooking
    Shouting tiocfaidh ar la while wearing a premier league jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

kfallon wrote: »

And Taytos. Do ye sell walkers taytos? WhatWhat?

Sneakers?
    You'd sound like a Yank if you said that

I'm just trying to put across the point that nowhere else in the world do people refer to them as 'runners' only here!

Aye, not doubting ya jockey lad

You like dinner in the middle of the day, around midday. And that's it, that's all you eat until supper at 8pm, no wonder I was a scrawny slim young lad

Potatoes every day, pasta is for them eye talians. Rice is considered exotic, I certainly never had rice at home growing up.

Jelly and icecream is a special treat. As for vienneta, that's for rich people!

Terrified of leaving the immersion on and in mortal fear of ESB bills, you will ensure you don't mess this up

Judge a car by the year on the reg.

2litre of milk is known as a gallon of milk

Talk about mpg yet you don't buy fuel by the gallon and roadsigns are in km. Why has mpg not died out?

Take your car for a spin but make sure you don't spin it

On your drive you'll see the wasters from the council leaning on their shovels as if the weight on the world was on their shoulders

The corpo became the council over a decade ago but you still call it the corpo

If you are a farmer you give the nazi salute, if you live rural thou shalt salute everyone with a subtle tap on the steering wheel. You will be known as a snob if you fail to salute

You like to stand at the back of the church or outside on the porch, sitting down is for women and children

You like a grand short mass and you like when the priest works something about GAA into their sermon. Yes, this happens :)

You like a grand short mass and you like when the priest works something about GAA into their sermon. Yes, this happens :)

You spent the first 10-15 minutes of the mass praying he won't give a sermon so you can get home earlier to watch the Beatbox......and you spent the journey home praying that Smiley Bolger's 'segment' on the Beatbox was over when you got back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Old priest in Armagh one Sunday: "And no excuses on account of the football next week, I'll be going to Clones myself."
    Following sunday he said a 20 minute mass and wished the county team all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

mammys calling their childen 'chicken'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

LOL; you should try living here. I assure you, they have patriotism & jingoism down to a fine art.

I don't get this pride lark, tbh. It's all rather parochial and twee in the grand scheme of things, dontcha think?

County first, country second!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

County first, country second!

One world, brother

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If the priest in our parish knew that there was a match on he would say a 20 minute mass with no cernon, every other time its 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Making sure you get so drunk that you can barely tell the difference between your arse and your elbow, before you ever work up the courage to hit on a girl that you like.

Talking to women whilst sober is gay.

kfallon wrote: »

Because we're Irish :pac:

Aye, not doubting ya jockey lad

You like dinner in the middle of the day, around midday. And that's it, that's all you eat until supper at 8pm, no wonder I was a scrawny slim young lad

Potatoes every day, pasta is for them eye talians. Rice is considered exotic, I certainly never had rice at home growing up.

Jelly and icecream is a special treat. As for vienneta, that's for rich people!

Terrified of leaving the immersion on and in mortal fear of ESB bills, you will ensure you don't mess this up

Judge a car by the year on the reg.

2litre of milk is known as a gallon of milk

Talk about mpg yet you don't buy fuel by the gallon and roadsigns are in km. Why has mpg not died out?

Take your car for a spin but make sure you don't spin it

On your drive you'll see the wasters from the council leaning on their shovels as if the weight on the world was on their shoulders

The corpo became the council over a decade ago but you still call it the corpo

If you are a farmer you give the nazi salute, if you live rural thou shalt salute everyone with a subtle tap on the steering wheel. You will be known as a snob if you fail to salute

You like to stand at the back of the church or outside on the porch, sitting down is for women and children

lol'd hard at this :D

Wearing the GAA jersey abroad.Can't believe nobody mentioned that one yet.:)

• Advertisement

Fail your driving test and then drive home

Advertisement