Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Go Gadget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Whats that film called where your man hurts his arm and becomes brilliant at baseball? ha
    Pain got worse today so had to make an emergency visit to the chiropractor and got the pelvis "re-located". I suppose he's taken away my superpowers now too :mad::mad:

Ouch!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

runrabbit wrote: »
    Ouch - hope that wasn't too painful and you're feeling better soon. That was some running yesterday on an injured pelvis - impressive stuff!

Thanks runrabbit. I have to take a dose of "cop-on pills" now and stop doing stupid things!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Thanks runrabbit. I have to take a dose of "cop-on pills" now and stop doing stupid things!

Yeah if you manage to find sense somewhere pick some up for me - I could do with it! ;)

Saturday 25th Feb
    5 miles
    8:46 min/mile
    Was such a gorgeous morning I couldn't resist going out. Walked up to the park to warm the knee and set off. By mile 3 hip was aching and I couldn't wait to get home so just kept running. Rest tmrw me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Can't believe all the injuries...all out of the blue. You didn't sign anything when you got your eyes done did you?! Like sign away the use of your limbs for super sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hope things improve for you soon SunflowerRo...seems to be hitting you at the minute...mind yourself and take it easy!

Mind yourself and hopefully you'll be feeling better in no time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

post above does not equal post below...
    Saturday 25th Feb
    5 miles
    8:46 min/mile
    Was such a gorgeous morning I couldn't resist going out. Walked up to the park to warm the knee and set off. By mile 3 hip was aching and I couldn't wait to get home so just kept running. Rest tmrw me thinks!

Sorry Ro I couldn't resist :D:D:D

Did you manage to get your hands on a foam roller?

As K rightly says I'm not going to get my eyes zapped where you went!

Dont chat Shaz. I was only thinking today that all this started the minute I got the eyes done. Id swop my eyes for my running career to come back!
    Got the foam roller and its a great job.
    3 hr massage on the hip yesterday so fairly battered today. Made an executive decision to give up running for a month and will join the gym on Wednesday and do cycling etc. I have to be strong and stick to this plan so if anyone spots me in the park out running you have my permission to trip me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Made an executive decision to give up running for a month and will join the gym on Wednesday and do cycling etc. I have to be strong and stick to this plan so if anyone spots me in the park out running you have my permission to trip me up.

No fair. You'd spot any of us from miles away and probably zap us with lasers from your super sonic eyes.
    Can't believe you have had to make this decision but good on you for realising that You need to. You'll be back before you know it. Keep logging.

• Advertisement

I'll totally be spying on the rest of yez so NO slacking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Sometimes superheroes need to take a break ;) you will be back stronger than ever...... Maybe I can catch up in you now :D ahh bless me I am delusional it's the lemsip... Makes me go mad. Hurry up and get fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Are you close to a return?

Are you close to a return?

I'm back thanks Boy Wonder. Two weeks of good training done but it's a long process coming back.
    I hope you've recovered after your brilliant run on the wkd. I'd be thrilled with a time like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

I'm back thanks Boy Wonder. Two weeks of good training done but it's a long process coming back.
    I hope you've recovered after your brilliant run on the wkd. I'd be thrilled with a time like that!!

Ah good to hear you're back at it. Just in time for the good weather! Your body was right to tell you to get in out of the cold and rain!!

Recovery will take a while. Delighted with the time/run alright. Time to plan the next one though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

you're back running now, you'll have to get the log going again;)

I'm too scared Anne. A week after I started the log I got injured. I'm not tempting fate again :)

I'm too scared Anne. A week after I started the log I got injured. I'm not tempting fate again :)

Ha ha when I saw the update I thought to myself "she's so suggestible" ;-) (since we were just talking about logs today)

...and now I'll hobble back out of A/R/T on my lovely crutches... probably!

I know its gas and us only chatting about it today. I think its a sign you should go and update your log now!

I know its gas and us only chatting about it today. I think its a sign you should go and update your log now!

Next week maybe, when i'm bored off work. It will be an epic update, and not in a good way!

• Advertisement

I'll get the popcorn ready for that one :)

Do come back and log :) pretty please ;)

I'll get the popcorn ready for that one :)

Wine Ro; you'll need wine...

Happy running this weekend, and happy shopping too. I'm expecting a new PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

God i hate people who won't update their log on their training methods and progress. :D:D:D

Shocking behaviour may i say!!

As soon as Chinguetti starts a log I'll re-start mine. Can't say fairer than that.

Runrabbit....you should do a personalised reading of your memoirs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Are you doing Kildare 1/2 Ro? Or something else

As soon as Chinguetti starts a log I'll re-start mine. Can't say fairer than that.

Why does everyone want me to start a log? :p

I'm injuried anyway at present Ro so i've nothing to report apart from lifting weights to build up the leg again.

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm injuried anyway at present Ro so i've nothing to report apart from lifting weights to build up the leg again.

Oh bummer dude. Are you still going to Sportsmed? I find them very good in there have to say.

Good luck tomorrow missus. Sub 42 not bother to you ;)

• Advertisement

Oh bummer dude. Are you still going to Sportsmed? I find them very good in there have to say.

Yep, still visiting SportsMed. The leg is fair better and i'm able to run but only on grass every second day. The gym work i hate so much.

How did you get on in Kildare today?

Advertisement