Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Non-resident Irish tax base

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

murphaph wrote: »

Anyway, if Irish passports start costing €500 I'll apply for German citizenship, when my current Irish passport expires.

Not sure about German passports, but Irish citizenship costs almost twice the €500! You might not be saving much...plus it will probably take you a while...usually 5 -7 years to get Irish Citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Actually that's a good point, when my Irish passport expires will it be replaced by German one since they now own us?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Actually that's a good point, when my Irish passport expires will it be replaced by German one since they now own us?

Funny. I actually just renewed mine and got the new one back a couple of weeks ago. Still has the Harp on the front:D

Advertisement