Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That colour i hate. it just reminds me of crappy 80's cars, Bluebirds, Transits Sprinters and rusty old mobile homes.

It's the colour I call OAP Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Confab wrote: »
    That colour i hate. it just reminds me of crappy 80's cars, Bluebirds, Transits Sprinters and rusty old mobile homes.

It's the colour I call OAP Blue.

Weren't sprinters just hatchback corollas usually with the 1.3? And a bit more weight? I was only young in the 80's

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Yep, I was a little dude in the 80s too but thought the Sprinter not a bad yoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any bets it used to be white?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Any bets it used to be white?

Maybe if it was originally Irish!

Tis like that Landini Blue on the tractors.

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »
    Weren't sprinters just hatchback corollas usually with the 1.3? And a bit more weight? I was only young in the 80's

The Japanese market got a load of sprinter models, like the sprinter Trueno, sprinter Carib, sprinter Marino,

They were all a bit odd looking to be honest. I quite like the marino though

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Japanese market got a load of sprinter models, like the sprinter Trueno, sprinter Carib, sprinter Marino,

They were all a bit odd looking to be honest. I quite like the marino though

i quite like google images of "marino" too.

"Toyota Marino" not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

ongarite wrote: »
    E39 520, NCT 6/12, well spec'd for €1350:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3080006
    Full-10323189.jpeg

I especially like
    Cash sale ,no swaps.! sell for good cash offer
    anything less than the asking price looks very nice !!

i quite like google images of "marino" too.

"Toyota Marino" not so much.

Tasty.

The Toyota one looks good enough in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

No mention of Timing Belt, but this has to be worth a punt for someone.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3149163

This is surely worth it too...

Tax, test & Timing Belt.

Looks nice.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3117612

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3147963

VRT works out at €640. Pity theres not more pics.

Full-10645242.jpeg
    Alfa Romeo 147 T. Spark 1.6

Tyres and battery are almost new.

Black leather interior

Tinted windows

CD player

British plates

€250

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And then it has to be NCTd...

Bit of a gamble spending the guts of a grand on one when for little more you could have an Irish one with NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

W123-80's wrote: »
    No mention of Timing Belt, but this has to be worth a punt for someone.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3149163

This is surely worth it too...

Tax, test & Timing Belt.

Looks nice.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3117612

Great spot. That Golf GTI is so tidy for 900. .... This country must really be frigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Great spot. That Golf GTI is so tidy for 900. .... This country must really be frigged.

Serious value in mk3 gtis to be had these days!
    heres a rare 16v Anniversary for €1100:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3119505

Ok no tax or mention of test, but it looks clean enough + its a 16v:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Serious value in mk3 gtis to be had these days!
    heres a rare 16v Anniversary for €1100:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3119505

Ok no tax or mention of test, but it looks clean enough + its a 16v:D

That interior is by far the worst interior I have ever seen in a car

Rolli wrote: »
    That interior is by far the worst interior I have ever seen in a car

Its really not photogenic, it actually does look much better in real life. I went to look at one in the past with a view to getting a new interior if i bought the car, but it honestly does look much better in the flesh!

Another absolute bangernomics candidate is a Saab 9-3 Aero. LOT of bang for your buck with 205bhp, and a very comfortable car. I'd be gone for this one if it were a 3 door! nice colour.

€1500
    http://dublin.gumtree.ie/c-Cars-and-vehicles-for-Sale-cars-saab-93-aero-205bhp-W0QQAdIdZ352239570
    60957eg_19.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Went to view a 156 Estate today. Lovely car, Full Leather, Aircon, 4 new tyres, belt and water pump just done, fresh NCT and after a quick viewing, realised the car's been T boned at some point. Not structurally, but the repair job was shoddy. I might make an offer on it and repair it properly, but the garage were fairly firm on price. Time'll tell.

Owen wrote: »
    Went to view a 156 Estate today. Lovely car, Full Leather, Aircon, 4 new tyres, belt and water pump just done, fresh NCT and after a quick viewing, realised the car's been T boned at some point. Not structurally, but the repair job was shoddy. I might make an offer on it and repair it properly, but the garage were fairly firm on price. Time'll tell.

Did the garage mention this to you?

• Advertisement

To be fair to them, most people wouldn't see the repair as an issue, it's an alright standard enough to fool most people. I genuinely think the garage were unaware and it happened before they bought it.

To be fair to them, most people wouldn't see the repair as an issue, it's an alright standard enough to fool most people. I genuinely think the garage were unaware and it happened before they bought it.

And did you tell them about it when you spotted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

owen quick question, what does t boned mean and how did you spot it?
    Thanks

kupus wrote: »
    Thanks

Hit from the side

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Thanks

+1 I was wondering that myself...:)

Rolli wrote: »
    And did you tell them about it when you spotted it?

They were sincerely apologetic, but the price didn't change.
    Thanks

T Boned means a car hit this car in the middle of the side head on. I spotted it by seeing differences in the texture of the paint and the door alignment being slightly off.

They were sincerely apologetic, but the price didn't change.

T Boned means a car hit this car in the middle of the side head on. I spotted it by seeing differences in the texture of the paint and the door alignment being slightly off.

Most car t-boned would be a write off. i've seen loads myself and once the side pillar distorts at all the roof crumbles. i won't tell you what you already know but a magnet around the lower and higher parts of the pillar to check for filler could be worth while.

Owen, I'd stay well away from that Alfa.

This wasn't structural at all, the only repaired panel was the door itself, so it seems like the door just got a wallop. Still interested in it to be fair. Just need to hammer out a price. Starter motor was letting out a little grind when disengageing, so probably needs a starter motor soon too.

• Advertisement

This wasn't structural at all, the only repaired panel was the door itself, so it seems like the door just got a wallop. Still interested in it to be fair. Just need to hammer out a price. Starter motor was letting out a little grind when disengageing, so probably needs a starter motor soon too.

Petrol or diesel? What year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement