Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭tc20

^are those rear drop down armrests? never seen that before...

here's a 406 coupe with hide and a bit of ensiti for €800

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4507112

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

166man wrote: »

Ah pack it in like, the 2.0 has 30bhp more but is also heavier. The 1.6 is very nippy for its engine size. One of the more powerful 1.6 N/A petrol engines iirc.

Ah come on, man. b16, SR16VE, 4A-GE and the rest of the jap 1.6's are all over that engine.

It's a nice little engine alright, don't get me wrong but with an SR16 N1 putting out 200bhp from factory the little twin spark is seriously down on power. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ah come on, man. b16, SR16VE, 4A-GE and the rest of the jap 1.6's are all over that engine.

It's a nice little engine alright, don't get me wrong but with an SR16 N1 putting out 200bhp from factory the little twin spark is seriously down on power. :pac:

But those are homologation engines (racing engines if I may) designed to compete against each other... Not exactly everyday material. I'm open to corrections :)

I think we all need to look the other way, as in weedy 1.6's. Fiat's own 1581cc had only 103bhp by comparison to the T.Spark, also 16v and MPI. E46 1.6 had the same power and was woeful to drive.

Or lets go bigger? Peugeot 406 1.8, 114bhp. Renault Laguna 1.8, 118bhp.

My point is compare like with like. Looking a those figures I've posted, does the T.Spark seem so bad? Does it look underpowered compared to its rivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    But those are homologation engines (racing engines if I may) designed to compete against each other... Not exactly everyday material. I'm open to corrections :)

I think we all need to look the other way, as in weedy 1.6's. Fiat's own 1581cc had only 103bhp by comparison to the T.Spark, also 16v and MPI. E46 1.6 had the same power and was woeful to drive.

Or lets go bigger? Peugeot 406 1.8, 114bhp. Renault Laguna 1.8, 118bhp.

My point is compare like with like. Looking a those figures I've posted, does the T.Spark seem so bad? Does it look underpowered compared to its rivals?

I would have to disagree with you there, those jap engines are more than capable of handling everyday use when making that kind of power. The 4A-GE in my car has just over 230,000Km on it without a bother :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with you there, those jap engines are more than capable of handling everyday use when making that kind of power. The 4A-GE in my car has just over 230,000Km on it without a bother :)

Best response, from someone who owns one!

I'll stop before I dig myself into another hole so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The N1 is the only racing derived engine ( Nismo use the N1 name for race engines, mostly in GT-Rs), the rest, although sporty, are everyday drivers.
    The b16 in the EK9 is almost on par with the N1 and is seriously strong. Even the less powerful version in the more everyday EK4 has ~160bhp I think and of course the standard SR16VE is very much a typical 90's Nissan engine. Can't forget Mitzi's MIVEC Lancers and Colts either, very quick cars.

They were all going mad to out do each other alright, they're still far more powerful than what the Europeans were putting out at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I think your thinking about Imprezas and Evos :p

The rest mentioned such as the b16 engine were used in everyday family cars and werent built for homologation purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tc20 wrote: »
    here's a 406 coupe with hide and a bit of ensiti for €800
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4507112
    I like that!
    ...homologation...
    And I like that word (especially when pronounced in a mainland European accent).

But I do not like when you post a 406 of any kind. Funny old world, no? :)

At least say it's a 406 when you post so I don't have to click the link to find out. Pretty please. With hundreds and thousands on top. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I like that!

And I like that word (especially when pronounced in a mainland European accent).

But I do not like when you post a 406 of any kind. Funny old world, no? :)

At least say it's a 406 when you post so I don't have to click the link to find out. Pretty please. With hundreds and thousands on top. :pac:

I've been very good this year I'll have you know! Only 2 this year :p

But I'll still keep posting them, if they're good value. Without any warning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I've been very good this year I'll have you know! Only 2 this year :p

But I'll still keep posting them, if they're good value.Without any warning ;)

Maaad Cnut!:pac:

• Advertisement

Without any warning ;)

Okay.... Just this once, here's one

NCT till June, 500

Tax till May, diesel
    Full-17196551.jpeg

Now. Next one will be as normal :pac:

To say we weren't expecting that would be an understatement :P

To say we weren't expecting that would be an understatement :P

What's next from my sleeve.... :pac:

NCT till Sept, 850

Looks tired.... What rubbish pics! Why a Vectra interior pic? :confused:
    Full-17205853.jpeg

NCT till Jan 14, 1250

Full-17205677.jpeg

NCT till June, 1850

Tax till Aug
    Full-17199980.jpeg

NCT till Aug, 680

Diesel
    Full-17200844.jpeg

NCT till Aug, 790

Full-17193497.jpeg

Two different phone numbers on the 3-series BMW. Wonder what that's about?

Two different phone numbers on the 3-series BMW. Wonder what that's about?

On the Donegal one, I haven't a clue... Possible work phone personal phone but I'm only speculating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

What's next from my sleeve.... :pac:

NCT till Sept, 850

Looks tired.... What rubbish pics! Why a Vectra interior pic? :confused:
    Id run a mile if the merc had an interior like that:pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4450137

Nothin' to do with bangernomics but how ridiculous is this?

You want buy car? No call dgt (he like only 406 for strange some reason) - call me!

Not your ornery onager

You want buy car? No call dgt (he like only 406 for strange some reason) - call me!

As long as I can keep that image up, then when no one is looking.... :pac::pac::pac:

As long as I can keep that image up, then when no one is looking.... :pac::pac::pac:
    English we post here.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

English we post here.

But... But... But.... :confused:

But... But... But.... :confused:

Read the ad again once plz.

Ze gist is bring engineer you must. €100 you pay (to me, in cash). I check car so you no have try.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Sexy, modern or luxury? Nope. Perfect bangernomics though after a big big haggle.....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4505987

View2-17202646.jpeg

Possible modern classic in the making!!!!! Although I'd say the pre facelift Mk1 of these is the real modern classic in the future, mark my words.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4299438

View2-16215934.jpeg

...... like this one

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4312596

View2-16277576.jpeg

Bound to haggle 2-300 quid off. These Coupes kinda never showed up on my radar before. Even I'll have to admit that they do offer great stylish value.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Possible modern classic in the making!!!!! Although I'd say the pre facelift Mk1 of these is the real modern classic in the future, mark my words.

Really? :confused: There's nothing special about them.

Really? :confused: There's nothing special about them.

I'd say think Capri or the 00's. The interiors might be crap but the styling was so on the money. It hurts me to complement a Korean car so much

Read the ad again once plz.

Ze gist is bring engineer you must. €100 you pay (to me, in cash). I check car so you no have try.

Oh the ad! Yes, seems legit....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

"3 mths left on NCT" - why TF won't the seller just put it through the test and both (i) hugely increase the chances of a quick sale and (ii) allow them to ask a higher price?

Btw, I'm expecting a reply shortly to say it's sold already! :)

Point still stands though... I think it's either because people don't know they can do the test 3 months early, or that the car is not insured or taxed or whatever so can't be driven to the centre.
    There is only one reason people sell a car with less than 3months nct.
    the car has been nct'd, and failed.
    Waaay too many cars for sale with just less than 3months for it to be anything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement