Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

BMW 528i Sport 1998 auto 140K NCT 02/13 Tax (til) 05/13 €1600

Ad is up 39 days - probably posted earlier?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Where are pics taken in that 528 Sport ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

ytareh wrote: »

It looks to be out where Beshoff Motors take their pictures so I would assume out in Howth or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3875258

2L rover might get it for 500, long NCT - Im looking for a run around for a few months...tempted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

NCT till Jan, 750

A strange 407 though...
    Full-14115931.jpeg

7 months NCT, 1100

Full-14129127.jpeg

NCT out this month, 1100

It's a 03 car... But whats a peogoet? :confused:
    Full-14116859.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

2L rover might get it for 500, long NCT - Im looking for a run around for a few months...tempted..

Parents had one years ago, very comfy iirc

They go forever, I had a 99 618 for a while 6 years ago, that one is the 130bhp model I think, be sure to check the windows all go up and down ok, the regulators are a common issue, very little else is. You might get it for less than 500 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ytareh wrote: »

Its out at Deer Park. on the way up to it theres a castle, its just there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Well, I've joined the bangernomics club: picked up a 1 owner 00-reg Seicento SX that was lying idle, locally. Needs some tlc, but is in good shape.

Small cheap cars are fun !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Just picked up my latest bangernomics effort :pac:

spec is as follows :

26" wheels
    21 gears
    front and rear mud guards
    an LED rear light
    detachable lock
    and a broken bell :P

good tyres and brake pads, gears all seem to work.

€75, how bad :D

2aahwuq.jpg

14noknn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

spec is as follows :

26" wheels
    21 gears
    an LED rear light
    detachable lock

Looks like a good value for money, but I know about very few places that you can cycle off-road, so would be not much use to me, unless you cycle on un-paved tracks ;).

Good Luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

spec is as follows :

26" wheels
    21 gears
    an LED rear light
    detachable lock

You'll get fair mpg outta that yoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

galwaytt wrote: »
    Well, I've joined the bangernomics club: picked up a 1 owner 00-reg Seicento SX that was lying idle, locally. Needs some tlc, but is in good shape.

That'd be 1.1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Dropped to €475. Going to take a look at this tomorrow as it's only around the corner. Anything particular to be looking out for other than sludge?

How did you get on when you went to look at this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

spec is as follows :

26" wheels
    21 gears
    an LED rear light
    detachable lock

Not bad :D

Needs lowered and a cherrybomb box though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The price just keeps dropping on this.....

http://www.petergallaghercarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=821615

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

V480 wrote: »
    How did you get on when you went to look at this?

A little rough around the edges. To start with positives, there was main dealer history up to '08 and he says it's been serviced by an indy since then, but no stamps in book after '08. Driving fine with plenty of power and no rattles or squeaks worth mentioning. Brakes good and not a sound from suspension. Passed NCT very recently with only bulb changes needed. Interior seemed relatively clean for the year.

Glass on both mirrors missing and no wiper blades, but he mentioned this happened the night before so fair enough if true. Damage to the passenger side rear arch which would need to be replaced or just left if it didn't bother you. I din't buy it as it was very difficult to select 5th. It was there all-right, but really had to be pushed and wiggled engage. Looked it up after and might be something small, but could also mean gearbox is on the way out. If it turned out o be something small and cheap to fix then it could turn out to be a cheap car with a few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tidy looking 406 Coupe, NCT 5/13 for €1575:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3865307
    View2-14083493.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

real genuine looking one owner 323 with 52k on the clock

asking 1950
    Dublin

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3880134

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

JustLen wrote: »
    real genuine looking one owner 323 with 52k on the clock

asking 1950
    Dublin

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3880134

It looks great, although is the asking a bit high?

I'm interested in this car but what would folks think a reasonable offer would be? Given its 11 years old, is 1000 taking the piss?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It looks great, although is the asking a bit high?

I'm interested in this car but what would folks think a reasonable offer would be? Given its 11 years old, is 1000 taking the piss?

good cars = good money

sh1t cars = cheap money......

.....you choose, that mazda looks spick and span and is low miles and 1 owner.......would you rather a 5 owner rougher one for €1,200 ??

Think about it......you pay for what you get......its got lots of nct and tax too....

I'd say @ €1450, thats the price for it, as its the kind of car that unlikely to give you any hassles going forward therefore less outlay in the future, and it looks smart and presentable.

Gonna call, 1450 seems reasonable if it's high quality, though its listed at 1950. If i get to look at it tonight, is there anything i should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

That Mazda looks lovely!Hard to imagine a more sensible buy if owner was willing to haggle a bit on price.Or would you be looking at a 2004 Corolla for not much more money if you shopped around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭meercat

Gonna call, 1450 seems reasonable if it's high quality, though its listed at 1950. If i get to look at it tonight, is there anything i should look out for?

he is also selling this

http://www.itsasteal.ie/Publish/ResultDetail.aspx?AD=13493

Agreed a price of 1850 with him - the car looks great - I'm about to head back. Service stuff with mileage on it and nct's with mileage on them. Feels like a lot but hopefully not too much hassle.

meercat wrote: »

Wonder why it's on a different site!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=0851544929&go=&qs=n&form=QBLH&filt=all&pq=0851544929&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=

He did say it wasn;t his - but had to i guess because the log book had someone elses name (a relative)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭meercat

sold now
    hope you got it truckle
    safe driving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

ongarite wrote: »
    Tidy looking 406 Coupe, NCT 5/13 for €1575:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3865307
    View2-14083493.jpeg

Always had a soft spot for these, i would love a 2.2 Diesel one with leather if i ever had to downgrade.

Brother reckons it's a womans car, i reckon it's a damn fine place to be on a medium to long journey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    galwaytt wrote: »

That'd be 1.1?

Yep

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement