Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor/Cross Country Results 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

At the same meet in Perth, Paul Robinson finished 8th in the 1,500m in a time of 3:48.87mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭james1992

When is o'lionard and english , gregan running ??? tonight is it ???
    anyone a link to live results ??

Rob Heffernan wins the men's 5,000m walk in a time of 19:06.58mins, faster than last year and his fastest time since 2008 when he set that superb P.B. (18:51.46mins). Jamie Costin was second in 19:35.06mins, a new P.B. I think, and Tom Bosworth of G.B. was third in 19:50.52mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Fiona McKenna (DSD) with a 5.05 mile at the Tyson meet

Dave flynn and Anthony Lieghio in action in the next hour from the same meet in the 3k and 800m respectively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Mark Christie wins the 3k in 8:01

Kelly Proper wins long jump in 6.34m

Hazel Murphy wins 3k in 9:20

• Advertisement

Kelly Proper wins the national title in the women's long jump with a decent jump of 6.34m, a good improvement on her previous best this season. Mary McCloone, last year's champion was second with a jump of 5.83m with Leona Byrne taking bronze with a best of 5.81m.

Leighio wins in 1.48.58 beating some very good runners but misses out on the NCAA auto qualifying mark which he was looking to have a crack on in this race

Also Flynn was 11th in 8.24 well off the back in the 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

3:54.76 for Ciaran

1 Silas Kiplagat KEN 3:52.63
    2 Caleb Ndiku KEN 3:52.66
    3 Daniel Kipchichir Komen KEN 3:53.93
    4 Russell Brown USA 3:54.08
    5 Amine Laalou MAR 3:54.49
    6 Ciaran O'Lionard IRL 3:54.76
    7 Jeff See USA 3:55.47
    8 Leo Manzano USA 3:57.92
    DNF Jack Bolas USA
    DNS Duncan Phillips Arkansas

DCU 2nd in the DMR. Leading going into the mile but very erratic pacing from Coghlan (58, 60, 64) and lost a fairly comfortable lead

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

Results of the medley relay:

1 Villanova University 'A' 9:38.02
    2 Dublin City University 'A' 9:39.68
    3 La Salle University 'A' 9:48.52
    4 University of Albany 'A' 9:49.90
    5 Duke University 'A' 9:52.96
    6 Manhattan College 'A' 10:15.54

Joe Warne ran a steady opening leg, passed the baton in 2nd place, Brian Gregan ran a stormer 2nd leg to give DCU the lead. Mark English held the lead in the 3rd leg, while John Coughlan couldn't hold off the fast finishing Villanova student who hit the front with 200m to go.

Good experience for the lads.

• Advertisement

American 5000m National (Lagat 13:07), College (Lalang 13:08) and High School (Cheserek 13:57) records all going tonight and the 2mile (Rupp 8:09.72)

Disappointment for pole vaulter Tori Pena at the Millrose Games clearing just 4.30m having missed the first 2 attempts at that height also. Still though, plenty of opportunities left for her to make up the extra 5cm on her current P.B. in order to achieve the A standard of 4.50m for the Olympic Games. If so she will become Ireland's first representative male or female in the Olympic pole vault competition. The pole vault is the only track and field event on the current Olympic program in which we have never been represented in either the men's or women's event (i.e. we've never sent a pole vaulter to the Olympics before) so it would be nice to erase that stat from the history of Irish athletics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Cracking run from Joanne. I think she will be running in Melbourne soon in either the Olympic trials or the Nationals. Not sure which one, but will make sure to get out to support her.

Is it just me that thinks she is a serious shot of making an Olympic final? While she ballsed up the semi final with a false start, she looked extremely good in the heats and I reckoned would have been good for a top 12 spot in Daegu. Just looking back at the women's 4x400 from Daegu on youtube today and her relay split was pure savage.

What time is McCarthy on at and is there live feed?

04072511 wrote: »
    Cracking run from Joanne. I think she will be running in Melbourne soon in either the Olympic trials or the Nationals. Not sure which one, but will make sure to get out to support her.

Is it just me that thinks she is a serious shot of making an Olympic final? While she ballsed up the semi final with a false start, she looked extremely good in the heats and I reckoned would have been good for a top 12 spot in Daegu. Just looking back at the women's 4x400 from Daegu on youtube today and her relay split was pure savage.

What time is McCarthy on at and is there live feed?

McCarthy's race was scheduled to take place 30 mins ago, shown on YouTube (see link on athletics on TV thread).

Joanne could do very well in the 400 this year. If she gets down to her best times of 50.7 range then she will be in the shake-up. Probably will take sub 50.5 to make final (I'm just guessing here). But I'm sure she will be hugely encouraged by that early season form. Relay team is looking promising as both Marian Heffernan and Claire Bergin seem to be making improvements also.

3:57.86 for McCarthy

Dan man wrote: »
    Relay team is looking promising as both Marian Heffernan and Claire Bergin seem to be making improvements also.

And throw in the fact that Jessie Barr is improving hugely, there is now nobody (with the exception of Cuddihy) who is guaranteed a spot in the team. This competition for places will raise the overall standard no doubt. 3:26 (low to mid) next year and a big NR is my prediction. Will probably take a high 3:25 to make the final. I don't think they will be far off.

American 5000m National (Lagat 13:07), College (Lalang 13:08) and High School (Cheserek 13:57) records all going tonight and the 2mile (Rupp 8:09.72)

A good night for coach Li taking top 3 spots in that 5k all with Pbs (Lalang and Sambu broke their outdoor PBs also AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

ecoli wrote: »
    DCU 2nd in the DMR. Leading going into the mile but very erratic pacing from Coghlan (58, 60, 64) and lost a fairly comfortable lead

Sign of tiredness.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Sign of tiredness.

The 64 almost looked like he was gearing up for the kick though just never came. I think he was running scared as man hunting him down was a 3.57 runner indoors so I suppose its understandable

National Senior Indoors Day 1 Results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

ecoli wrote: »
    National Senior Indoors Day 1 Results

What were the results in the sprints heats?

Gary Thornton 2nd in 1:36:54 and was marginally beaten by a second. Alan McCormack 7th in 1:45:06 in Groet Uit Schoorl 30k

Also few results from Belfast:

Mulhall won the 400m from Harvey in 48.37
    Seye won the 60m
    Everard won the 800m in 2.07
    Brian Kelly won the mens in 1.54
    Orla Drumm took the 1500m for Sara Treacy

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Limericks Brian Glynn ran the 400 leg in the club DMR for the winning team Silicon Valley over at the Millrose games.

Derval in action tonight with a solid field the likes of Lolo Jones (Who funnily enough has spent the last few days here in Ireland) as well as Claxton of GB. Should be interesting to see how she fairs as she seems to be gunning for a fast time

http://www.meeting-pasdecalais.com/START_LIST_LIEV_DEF.pdf

Possible Stream??

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

Derval a DNS at the French meet!

runjb wrote: »
    Derval a DNS at the French meet!

Sh1t! What happened?

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=23484

Round up of weekend results. Few good performances which slipped under the radar;

Robinson in 3.41 in Brisbane and Conor McCullough winning the weight throw by over 6m in the Harvard -Yale - Princeton meet.

Just watched the highlights online of the national indoors. What the hell is Jerry Kiernan smoking, saying that we will have a small select team going to London. We're pretty much looking at 20+ athletes more than likely with A standards come London, our biggest team since Sydney, and in those games a massive chunk were sent on B-Standards. Small team compared to USA. Maybe that's what he is referring to :rolleyes:

04072511 wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights online of the national indoors. What the hell is Jerry Kiernan smoking, saying that we will have a small select team going to London. We're pretty much looking at 20+ athletes more than likely with A standards come London, our biggest team since Sydney, and in those games a massive chunk were sent on B-Standards. Small team compared to USA. Maybe that's what he is referring to :rolleyes:

Yeah I heard him saying that too, our team will be upwards of 20+ me thinks, not small at all.
    With 13 already and the women's 4x400m on the verge of qualifying along with another couple of athletes who are well capable of getting the standards (Colin Griffin and David Gillick spring to mind) that gives us 20 at least not to mention others already with B-standards that have a good chance of upgrading to A-standard this season. Could even be 25+ which would be incredible. Just a pity the women's 4x100m hadn't any luck on their side because on the back of good times in 2010 they looked to be in with a chance also. Can't see it happening now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭the_real_lamp

Is McCullough throwing for Ireland now or is this likely in the future?

Advertisement