Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor/Cross Country Results 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

I've found results that say she got 4th in 8.18...I think the times listed above are their indoor PBs

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

runjb wrote: »
    I've found results that day she got 4th in 8.18...I think the times listed above are their indoor PBs

You're right I got carried away there, 8.18 not great early season form but as I said she had been carrying a groin strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Kelly Proper with a season's best in Linz in the long jump with an effort of 6.03m. Would be nice to see her return to her best form, at her best she is capable of 6.50/6.60m+ which would put her in contention for the Olympic qualifying standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

DCU DMR team in action tonight in the New Balance Collegiate Invitational

Gregan in the 400m
    English in the 800m
    Coghlan in the mile

Joe Warne is also down for the 800/mile though given his recent 1500m indoor it might be a case where he is focusing on this for the indoor season

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭james1992

if anyone finds out results .. post them up please.

• Advertisement

Brian Gregan won his preliminary heat in 47.29secs, solid run. Main action kicks off tomorrow. Here is a link to the results so far:

http://www.armorytrack.com/armory/nbci-sked-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

First of the mens mile are on now.

Danny Harris is running :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Menapians

David Hynes runs an impressive 6.84 in the 60m final in nenagh. Beating Dean Adams into second and Steven colvert into third.
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=23211

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭climbhigh

http://www.chipresults.co.uk/Default.aspx

Great performance by Sean Connolly (Tallaght) in the British Universities cross-country. He finished in second position three seconds down on winner Jonny Hay (Birmingham).

Hannah Walker made it a double for Birmingham in the women's race with mountain runner Sarah McCormack (Clonliffe) in 14th just over a minute behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

longjump67 wrote: »
    About 45 mins till Mark English runs in the 800m see link below for live coverage

http://www.youtube.com/user/armorytrack?v=xZhlk2UhHs8

Gun to tape victory for English in 1.49

Went out very fast and hung on for 1.49.49 great season opener from Mark:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Dan man wrote: »
    Brian Gregan won his preliminary heat in 47.29secs, solid run. Main action kicks off tomorrow. Here is a link to the results so far:

http://www.armorytrack.com/armory/nbci-sked-2012

Gregan DNS

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭formerrunner25

Coghlan didnt break the 4min barrier again. maybe 4.03/4.04. went with the pace early on and seemed to suffer in the last 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Paul Robinson ran 3.43 outdoors in Brisbane yesterday. Beaten into second by Jordan Williamz who is a 1.47/3.39 guy.

http://www.athletics.com.au/home/competition/statsdata/live_results

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

O'Lionaird wins in 3:56.01, Milne of Canada 2nd, Rupp 3rd, Farah in 4th

CIARAN O'LIONAIRD (IRL) wins Men's 1500 Meter Run Enroute (Final) in 3:40.65.

1 CIARAN O'LIONAIRD IRL 3:56.01
    2 TAYLOR MILNE CAN 3:56.40
    3 GALEN RUPP USA 3:57.10
    4 MO FARAH GBR 3:57.92
    5 RUSSELL BROWN USA 4:00.79
    6 LIAM BOYLAN-PETT USA 4:01.47
    7 ROBERT NOVAK USA 4:02.98
    DNF MATTHEW SCHERER USA
    DNF JAMES BREWER GBR
    DNS HENOK LEGESSE ETH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭formerrunner25

Fantastic from Mad Len! great season opener. Hopefully Mad Len and McCarthy both run the 1500m in the world indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Seems to have escaped attention Alistair Cragg ran a half marathon in Japan over the weekend- 1:03:39 according to twitter. Can't find full results though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

JKF wrote: »
    Seems to have escaped attention Alistair Cragg ran a half marathon in Japan over the weekend- 1:03:39 according to twitter. Can't find full results though

Link here, scroll to end

http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/kisorio-wins-deepest-ever-marugame.html

wonder has he a marathon planned...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ChickenTikka

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere ... the fantastic battle at the Universities Track & Field between Ciara Everard and Laura Crowe in the 800m where Everard broke Sonia O’Sullivan’s 22 year U23 indoor record.

I was watching the race and Crowe set the pace lap after lap. I was taking the 200m splits out of curiousity and each of the first 3 laps was 30.x seconds. Crowe tired on the last 100m and Everard overtook for the victory with a 33.x split. For a while it had looked like the National Senior record of 2:02.87 was in danger.

A great race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

For a while it had looked like the National Senior record of 2:02.87 was in danger.

A great race!

Sonia O'Sullivan's senior Irish 800m record is 2:00.69

Sonia's weakest record by a long long way. Has lasted for 19 years now but won't for much longer.

04072511 wrote: »
    Sonia O'Sullivan's senior Irish 800m record is 2:00.69

Sonia's weakest record by a long long way. Has lasted for 19 years now but won't for much longer.

He was referring to Aisling Molloy's indoor record over the 800m which is 2:02.87mins, set way back in 1990 at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Dan man wrote: »
    He was referring to Aisling Molloy's indoor record over the 800m which is 2:02.87mins, set way back in 1990 at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow.

I would imagine either Rose-Anne Galligan, pending a return to competition/form, or Ciara Mageean will have both records within two or three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Rineanna wrote: »
    I would imagine either Rose-Anne Galligan, pending a return to competition/form, or Ciara Mageean will have both records within two or three years.

I'd imagine it will be Mageean who will take the record. Maybe Galligan might sneak it first, but in the long term I'd imagine Mageean will take it down well under 2 minutes.

Tori Pena competeing in New York on Saturday hoping to get the Olympic Q mark of 4.50m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

longjump67 wrote: »
    Tori Pena competeing in New York on Saturday hoping to get the Olympic Q mark of 4.50m

Very busy weekend ahead for Irish athletes:

National Senior Indoors in the Odyssey
    DCU team (Gregan, English, Warne and Coghlan) in DMR in Milrose Games
    Dave McCarthy in Wannamaker mile at Milrose Games
    Ciaran O Lionaird in a stacked mile at USATF Classic
    Anthony Lieghio in 800m at Tyson Invitational
    Alan McCormack in 30k in Netherlands (Won last year by training partner Joe Sweeney)
    Iona are down for both the Husky Classic and the Milrose games so I say that Jack Byrne will be in action for Iona most likely in the Husky classic
    Likewise Shane Quinn should be in action in the Forham quad Meet

I know Milrose games is being streamed by Youtube and Flotrack are covering the Husky classic but is there anywhere to get the stream for the Tyson/USATF Classic meet. ESPN 2 are showing delayed coverage which is probably restricting the possibility of a stream

Laura Reynolds takes a shade more than a second off her P.B. to win the women's 3.000m walk national title in a time of 12:46.23mins, just holding off the challenge of young Kate Veale (12:52.79mins). Maeve Curley claimed the bronze medal (13:44.10mins).
    Reports also that Amy Foster has lowered her P.B. in the 60m to 7.39secs.

• Advertisement

Encouraging start to the Olympic season for 400m runner Joanne Cuddihy as she runs a superb 52.08secs to win the Perth Track Classic (outdoor). That is impressive for so early in the year, looks like she should have no problem in achieving the A-standard of 51.50secs. A return to her best form is on the cards judging by that result.

Advertisement