Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i phone repair - Warning (GSM Centre)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well how are we supposed to know?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well how are we supposed to know?

Because your really intelligent and know all kinds of everything? :) Nah there was a thread about this guy before and I tried contacting him a few times to repair an iPod to no avail. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Very odd. In this day and age, that is.

I'll actually never understand why businesses don't reply to customers. Very surprising if this is the lad and if there's not a good excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

As sher go on I'll throw my 2c in :cool:

Found the lads nothing but rude, ignorant, over priced and generally didnt really give a crap, didnt end up getting my phone fixed and unlocked by them, I ended up posting them to Tallaght and got a way better service there. I was looking for somewhere to drop the phone in because I thought it would probably be quicker but the Nokia centre was closed for a period when I tried GSM.... At the same time though they must be doing something right if they're still in business there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MCnoFlow

Someone pm me this guys details please have iphone 4 with multiple issues

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Very odd. In this day and age, that is.

I'll actually never understand why businesses don't reply to customers. Very surprising if this is the lad and if there's not a good excuse!

Completely agree.

Yeah and he was replying to others around the same time. I just put it down to him not knowing how to fix it and left it be. Got it fixed in Dublin in the end.

On a side note, I need to send you a few calendars (assuming ya want them). Give me a shout with how many ya want and where to drop them and ill get ya sorted. Tramore included in addition if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A one hour turn around and everything is back as good as new! Would highly recommend Kevin. Words can't even describe how it feels to have a home button that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

AdMMM wrote: »
    A one hour turn around and everything is back as good as new! Would highly recommend Kevin. Words can't even describe how it feels to have a home button that works!

I had the back glass changed today in 15mins while I waited. I saw your phone before fixing twas in a bad way alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Kxiii wrote: »
    I had the back glass changed today in 15mins while I waited. I saw your phone before fixing twas in a bad way alright.
    Yeah the screen doesn't take too kindly to heels and then months of frustrated use!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Any chance of a PM of that number?

Have an iphone and I'm not sure if there is even life in it anymore but this lad sounds like the man to ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ODwyersGolf

Is it best to ring or email?

If it's to ring, any chance of a PM with that number?

The yougfella is after breaking the screen in his iPhone. I think it's a 3GS.

How much would it be for a screen replacement on a 3GS?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

His number is on his Facebook site , best to ring, you have to go through his threads to find it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ODwyersGolf

decies wrote: »
    His number is on his Facebook site , best to ring, you have to go through his threads to find it!!!
    Good man, thanks.

I'll make the younglad go through it and find it. He'll be going through a window if he breaks it again. 'Twill be he glass in the house I'll be repairing and his phone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

waterkid wrote: »

Just rang this guy......he sounds a gent. I am getting my laptop fixed with the guy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Finally got my phone fixed in GSM, lots of waiting around and me coming back to them to the phone still not working. Wouldn't even have went back to them only I had paid for the part :(

After a very long wait I finally got the phone back minus my memory card. Made him search, he eventually found it and then tried (but failed) to over charge me.

Will never EVER use these rude and unprofessional people ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Do you fix andriod as well? My missus has a HTC Wildfire that needs a new screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

..Brian.. wrote: »

Do you fix andriod as well? My missus has a HTC Wildfire that needs a new screen

He does, HTC screens can be very complicated though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

michellie wrote: »
    He does, HTC screens can be very complicated though :(

Cool thanks. Will give him a shout so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 magsarella

What way does this man operate? Does he live in Waterford City? I've a HTC Wildfire screen that I really need repaired! How long does his service take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

He's like the stig, known to few, ring the number and you will be the wiser!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 stepmyra

Hello!

It's my first time using boards so I'm not even sure I'm using it correctly but hope to get a reply! I totally smashed the screen of my i phone 4s and was going to go to GSM in Cork but have read some really bad things about them on here. I'm not sure if I have read the thread correctly but can you recommend someone in Cork or Dublin?! P.s what does PM stand for?!
    Thanks,
    Steph <snip - no email addresses in public to prevent abuse/spam! Please PM Step for the email if wanted>

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

There is a chap on ere that fixes them but caint rember his name, Pm»»private msg

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

stepmyra wrote: »
    Hello!

It's my first time using boards so I'm not even sure I'm using it correctly but hope to get a reply! I totally smashed the screen of my i phone 4s and was going to go to GSM in Cork but have read some really bad things about them on here. I'm not sure if I have read the thread correctly but can you recommend someone in Cork or Dublin?! P.s what does PM stand for?!
    Thanks,
    Steph <snip - no email addresses in public to prevent abuse/spam! Please PM Step for the email if wanted>

PM= Private Message.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

hi, does anyone know if this lad does laptop screen repairs thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Anyone got a link or number for the chap fixing the phones? have a htc with a problem :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

banjacksed wrote: »
    Anyone got a link or number for the chap fixing the phones? have a htc with a problem :o
    Me too my nexus died on me so would appreciate his number too.

Thought he only did Apple products?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

im dropping off a iphone 4 tomorrow to him all going well..quoted me way cheaper than 3 or apple to fix it , so i hope he don't change his price..il ask about laptops and htc ,s when im there as i have 1 of each to get fixed as well..will post soon as i know about them

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

AdMMM wrote: »

Where abouts in the city is he? Does he have a shop or work from home

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

banjacksed wrote: »

Whats up with yer HTC?

Advertisement