Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MULLINGAR OUT OF CONTROL

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Rathwire? Where were the two of them originally from then?

A disgraceful sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

ezopsae wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can pin this one on the government. The gardai did their job perfectly and made three arrests, had CCTV evidence and witness statements. As for the legal eagles and the jury...

I'm not blaming this specific incident on the government, but I do blame them for the general decline in law and order. It is their responsibility to maintain law and order in the state and they are failing miserably. Rural Garda stations are being closed leaving rural people at the mercy of roving gangs of scumbag thieves - most of whom are already parasites getting welfare paid for by decent hard working people. It is also the government's responsibility to set sentencing guidelines for the courts.Offences against the person aren't taken seriousl enough - Assaults should always be punished by jailtime and assaults resulting in death should have a mandatory life sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Just who is Jessica Hughes? I see on Street View that her family has a fine big house. If she lived in a council house, she would be in jail now. For sure she has plenty of pull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

You should call to her house and ask her, Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

You should call to her house and ask her, Mike.

To be honest, I'm too afraid to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mgman

im from mullingar i grue up hear all my life and lived in one of the roughist areas in the town daltion park and ive seen things happin in this town that would shock even people from dublin people being atacked with hammers and knives up and down the town meny of my friends have been hit with bottles and polls ive also seen people shoot at houses and the fude between the to familys lasted about 2 weeks maby a little more and i no becouse i no sum of the people involved and it was in my nannys astate the town is riddled with drugs aspechaly herron so if your not from the town you dont no wat is going on r youve just been lucky enuff for it not to happin to i no people from tullamore longford and athlone and they all say they wont come to are town and of course the mane town is not that bad now and there cctv every where that you cant move if your brave anuff take a walk true abbylands grange r daltinpark r enalcourt and report back and let us all no how ya got on if ya make it back in one piece

I'm gonna defend Mullingar. It's definitely not as bad as people are saying and definitely not as bad as others town in the country. You can walk down the street with no fear, same at night-time, I even walk home after a night out on my own (I know I shouldn't, just incase, but I'm fine everytime). I do agree however, that there should be more garda on the streets, especially at night-time, the only time I see guards driving around at night, is before nightclubs, and sometimes afterwards, and even at that its only 1 squad car. I know crime has increased in recent years but its not only Mullingar, it's ALL towns. And every town has their 'bad' estates and family fueds. It's nothing to judge Mullingar by. I have lived here years, and have lived in way worse towns.

mullingar is rough town prob the worst in the mid lands and this is cuming from a 20 year old who lived hear all my life and sees the daly fights and druge deals that go down in mc donalds for **** sake too guys where left in hospatill to weeks ago after being beetin with a hammer a steel chane and a base ball bat if youve never had any truble in mullingar your lucky r just soft and wont stick your neck out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

mgman wrote: »
    mullingar is rough town prob the worst in the mid lands and this is cuming from a 20 year old who lived hear all my life and sees the daly fights and druge deals that go down in mc donalds for **** sake too guys where left in hospatill to weeks ago after being beetin with a hammer a steel chane and a base ball bat if youve never had any truble in mullingar your lucky r just soft and wont stick your neck out

two posts
    and both to insult Mullingar
    and both posts with terrible grammar and spelling!
    are you from Athlone?

no im no from Athlon im from Mullingar and im not insulting the town just telling the truth about it i bet that mister nice guy80 your no even from the town your self and its not the town its the people that are in it that make it the way it is all im saying is don't Liston to people saying its pour safe because its no so do get a taxi home after night clubs to be and be careful don't put your self in unnecessary positions i no my spelling and grammar are bad but i make it buy and im majoring in zoology so im doing sum ting right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

no im no from Athlon im from Mullingar and im not insulting the town just telling the truth about it i bet that mister nice guy80 your no even from the town your self and its not the town its the people that are in it that make it the way it is all im saying is don't Liston to people saying its pour safe because its no so do get a taxi home after night clubs to be and be careful don't put your self in unnecessary positions i no my spelling and grammar are bad but i make it buy and im majoring in zoology so im doing sum ting right

At TRINITY I HOPE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Hes livine in da zooo probibily

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

ShaunC wrote: »
    Hes livine in da zooo probibily

I was waiting for someone to point out his spelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

My eyes. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭veryangryman

RainBow_xo wrote: »
    I was waiting for someone to point out his spelling

Hard not to. In has defence, growing up with text speak it's hard not to be infected with poor grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The certainly has been an increase in violence in Mullingar. There were a couple of recent cases of the English language being murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Helfyre

I go to see my therapist there, it doesn't look as bad as Athlone to me? Seems a bit boring but I don't know I don't live there... is it really like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louth lad

Dundalk is the roughest town followed by Drogheda look it up on the governments cso statistics I know mullingar a bit from passing through and it is definetly rougher than your average Midland town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/olympic-hero-john-joe-nevin-charged-with-criminal-damage-31001760.html

Lets hope he stays clear of the trouble and focuses on his boxing career.

Advertisement