Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »
    Sure Pem, we're having our own Paddy's day beers in Galway anyway. Oh and I made friends with a bouncer from the Skeff and Karma at work last week. SORTED!

It was Panthro's ideas to have it as a boards beers! Yes we are anyway but we need more than us two to make it a TGC beers :P

Well done, now Karma isn't great but it's fun, Halo is my fave :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    It was Panthro's ideas to have it as a boards beers! Yes we are anyway but we need more than us two to make it a TGC beers :P

Perfect. Good suggestion Panthro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

awec wrote: »
    I'd have no problem driving to Galway for a beers(and would even take a few if people were stuck).

Would need a hotel or something though.

there's always hotel deals on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

haha, a tGC beers attended solely by 2 wimmins.

:D

Edit:

oh wait, Panthro and you... thought you meant Daisies and you... dam reading faster then I can read...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

haha, a tGC beers attended solely by 2 wimmins.

:D

Edit:

oh wait, Panthro and you... thought you meant Daisies and you... dam reading faster then I can read...

Nope me and Pem had organised Paddy's weekend and now Panthro has got the right idea and decided to join the two girls!

Surely there'll be a mass exodus from Dublin when the word gets around

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nope me and Pem had organised Paddy's weekend and now Panthro has got the right idea and decided to join the two girls!

Surely there'll be a mass exodus from Dublin when the word gets around

Right so, well, feel free to put me down as a plus 1. Can't have ye wimmins ganging up on Panthro.

Right so, well, feel free to put me down as a plus 1. Can't have ye wimmins ganging up on Panthro.

:eek::eek: I would never do such a thing

Pem on the other hand, I have no control over :p

If this is actually a genuine offer then I'll put myself down as an 80% chance of going. :)

Once the Dublin one is over, I'll look into organising it!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

G-G-G-Galway!

Went to a Galway beers last year and it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Once the Dublin one is over, I'll look into organising it!

Wuhooooo :):)

Just a note to anyone who does want to go it's Paddy's so maybe sus out accommodation early. There are apartments available to rent on Merchants Road for one or two nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Well the Galway one is a definite no-no for me and Snoopy1.. both of us working that weekend

Suppose someone should PM Metal Mickey too, see if he'd be interested in attending.

Maguined wrote: »
    G-G-G-Galway!

Went to a Galway beers last year and it was great fun.

Was it the AH beers? I think I met you!
    I'd love to go to another Galway beers but couldn't commit til closer to the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Was it the AH beers? I think I met you!
    I'd love to go to another Galway beers but couldn't commit til closer to the time :)

Yeah it was the AH beers, I think I met you, I am not sure as I met tons of new people that night and I am useless at remembering names, I just have a faint memory of complimenting your username and that's about it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Women do it simultaneously and amazingly :P

How about Galway beers, one month after these????

Paddy's Day Beers in Galway??

Daisies there's loads of pubs, Front Door, Kings Head, Skeff (Skeff is a great place for large groups :D )

i really like the idea of paddy's day beers in galway. now whether i'd be able to go or not is a different question. found out today it will be about 6mths before the mothers arm is healed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

If this is actually a genuine offer then I'll put myself down as an 80% chance of going. :)

I'd be up for Galway beers. That brings numbers up to 5. Sorted. :)

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I'd be up for Galway beers. That brings numbers up to 5. Sorted. :)

WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(That makes it 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I will be on my Todd that Saturday night and often wondered what these boards drinks thing are like, I am more of an After Hours than a Gentleman Club poster tho.

I have a picture in my head these nights consist of everyone wearing name badges of there user name, sitting in a circle and like an AA meeting calling out there names/hobbies and interests. Then people who knew each other from previous drinks chat away while noobbies stir their pints, exasperate and attempt to converse with other noobies by scrambling through topics until there land on common ground.
    "Did you see the match"
    "No, dont follow soccer, more of a music man"
    "oh yeah, how about Kelly Clarksons new album"
    "...havnt heard it"
    AWKARD SILENCE
    "So.....you like Batman?"
    "I fecking Love Batman!!!!!"
    phew

I also have the fear of walking into the bar, the door closing loudly behind me thus interupting everyones conversation, the music and the barmen as the eyes in the room stare at me, their eyes saying "who is is this boll0x".

As long as I am given some slight assure that none of this will be occuring I think i will gladly attend.

• Advertisement

I will be on my Todd that Saturday night and often wondered what these boards drinks thing are like, I am more of an After Hours than a Gentleman Club poster tho.

I have a picture in my head these nights consist of everyone wearing name badges of there user name, sitting in a circle and like an AA meeting calling out there names/hobbies and interests. Then people who knew each other from previous drinks chat away while noobbies stir their pints, exasperate and attempt to converse with other noobies by scrambling through topics until there land on common ground.
    "Did you see the match"
    "...havnt heard it"
    AWKARD SILENCE
    phew

I also have the fear of walking into the bar, the door closing loudly behind me thus interupting everyones conversation, the music and the barmen as the eyes in the room stare at me, their eyes saying "who is is this boll0x".

As long as I am given some slight assure that none of this will be occuring I think i will gladly attend.

Rest assured ALL of the above will happen but you'll enjoy yourself anyway (or because of it) :cool:

"Did you see the match"
    "...havnt heard it"
    AWKARD SILENCE
    phew

*grumbles* ruin all our fun... of course we won't do that to ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

hdowney wrote: »
    *grumbles* ruin all our fun... of course we won't do that to ya :D

Well that is about as reassuring as a rabid badger trapped in wet cardboard box.

Should be interesting...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

*stares*

Well that is about as reassuring as a rabid badger trapped in wet cardboard box.

Should be interesting...

aww who pished on the badgers cardboard box :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The beers are usually pretty awesome. I love the random banter. :D

If you're worried about walking in on your own and not spotting anyone, ask for someone to PM you their number so you can pop them a text on your arrival. Unfortunately we don't have a sign up saying "INTERNET PEOPLE HERE!" while we all sit around in a circle with our laptops.

i have a minor/major wtf am i going to do at the mo. as i may have mentioned the mother broke her arm (shoulder actually) on thursday. wen't to the fracture clinic today and they told her that i completely healthy, never smoked 20yo would take 3mths to heal. she is 63, used to smoke, diabetic with a quad cabbage so it is likely to take her twice as long. the problems being she can do NOTHING at the moment, and this beers is only two weeks away. by nothing i mean she can't cook, can barely feed herself, can't light fire, can't dress herself, and can't even get into bed properly. how the heckers am i meant to leave her from sat til sun alone!!!

Ah shure, bring her with ya! The more the merrier! :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah shure, bring her with ya! The more the merrier! :D

yea can't see me dressing the mother in a shared hostel room can you!!! also who be looking after the 2 dogs, 3 cats (if she can that is)

• Advertisement

That's a bummer. Sure see what happens in the next two weeks. People adapt when they have to!! :)

Advertisement