Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2011 - When will it end for you, and when will your decorations come down?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I put away all the lights so carefully- so why, in November when I take them out of their boxes will they inevitably be tangled again?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Took the decorations down at work today, only had a small christmas tree and 2 sets of lights but it still looked really bare when they were all put away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

My decorations are still up! Decided to leave them up til next weekend. :D

I was going to take them down last night but because I wasn't at home for the Christmas season I thought I'd leave them up for a bit longer.

Went for a walk yesterday and another man proudly had his tree lit and lights on in the porch. So I don't feel so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Took my decorations down tonight :( Was in Disneyland last week so today was my chance to take them down. I miss the sparkle in the sitting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Posy wrote: »
    I put away all the lights so carefully- so why, in November when I take them out of their boxes will they inevitably be tangled again?! :o

Usually we are neat freaks with lights and they always no matter what way we do it they end up in a giant ball next xmas.

But last year my bro put them away and he does nothing as neat as we would, so the lights went into storage in a tangled ball shoved into a plastic bag and came out this year with one knot at the plug end haha!

He tried to say he did it in purpose so it wouldn't knot, so this year it was his job to pack the lights!

• Advertisement

The Grafton Street lights are almost all down now. :(

The Grafton Street lights are almost all down now. :(

Ahhh, there's still a good few around roscommon still.

Next year I want to get out of Dublin and see as many Christmas lights in other places as I can! I'll add Roscommon to my itinerary!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm back in christmas mode. I wrapped a few gifts and packed my suitcase :D

Pic:
    Case_1.jpg

ChewChew wrote: »
    I'm back in christmas mode. I wrapped a few gifts and packed my suitcase :D

Pic:
    Case_1.jpg

Don't forget to watch Fred Clause on tg4 tonight at 12.35, bit late but it's CHRISTMAS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

Next year I want to get out of Dublin and see as many Christmas lights in other places as I can! I'll add Roscommon to my itinerary!

This year, Posy, This year......I console myself with "this Christmas".;)

washiskin wrote: »
    This year, Posy, This year......I console myself with "this Christmas".;)
    THIS Christmas. I like the sound of that! :D

Local Super Valu STILL has a ton of Christmas stuff :eek: Still selling mince pies, Christmas puds, and chocolates. Bought a Christmas fruit cake (fruit cake with the word Christmas on the front ;)) half price and it was delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It'll soon be Chinese New Year (Year of the Dragon)....so get them sick days in order and back you go up the attic for the lights. The off-license will enjoy your custom.

Just a suggestion

It'll soon be Chinese New Year (Year of the Dragon)....so get them sick days in order and back you go up the attic for the lights. The off-license will enjoy your custom.

Just a suggestion
    There's a Chinese family on my road and they have 'Christmas' lights up. I like passing their house. :)

I took down my decorations yesterday. Played Christmas songs while I was doing it!
    I've left up my all-season tree and put some snowflakes on it as its still winter! I must post a picture of it.

I still have my little Christmas tree up, it's now by the TV :pac:

Brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I took mine down today,I miss them already and I'm always surprised at how big the room looks afterwords.

Roll on Christmas 2012!:D

Hot Lips wrote: »
    I took mine down today,I miss them already and I'm always surprised at how big the room looks afterwords.

Roll on Christmas 2012!:D
    My room always looks too big and too bare after the decorations are gone! Roll on this Christmas, exactly! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

For me the latest date is Candlemass. :)

And for you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Mine's still up since Christmas!

Er, that's Christmas 2010 mind you :eek:

p.s.
    Note to self: remember to take down the Christmas tree this year, or I *will* be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

I am speaking of Christmas in general ....

Not of any particular year.

Berwick wrote: »
    For me the latest date is Candlemass. :)

And for you? :confused:

Candlemas was traditionally when the Christmas decorations came down. I wish this was more widespread now.
    I saw a couple of houses last week with their Christmas trees still up. I loooved driving by their houses. In fact I went out of my way and drove slowly!!!

I will put up a picture of my tree soon.

I think we need to create the "Christmas out of season thread"!!!!

Candlemas was traditionally when the Christmas decorations came down. I wish this was more widespread now.
    I saw a couple of houses last week with their Christmas trees still up. I loooved driving by their houses. In fact I went out of my way and drove slowly!!!

I will put up a picture of my tree soon.

I think we need to create the "Christmas out of season thread"!!!!

Defo, i was in asda last week and they are selling mince pies still but in a different box, will take pic and post next time i'm there :)

flutegirl wrote: »
    Defo, i was in asda last week and they are selling mince pies still but in a different box, will take pic and post next time i'm there :)
    Brilliant!! :)

Advertisement