Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2011 - When will it end for you, and when will your decorations come down?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's weird isn't it! :eek:

I go back to work on the 26th December so it's hard to be Christmassy by January because Christmas seems ages ago!
    I have most of my decorations down now but there's still a couple of Christmassy reminders to keep me going until the 6th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Posy wrote: »
    It's weird isn't it! :eek:

I go back to work on the 26th December so it's hard to be Christmassy by January because Christmas seems ages ago!
    I have most of my decorations down now but there's still a couple of Christmassy reminders to keep me going until the 6th. :)

Decorations came down today, but one little tree decoration is left on the mantlepiece ;) wait and see if anyone notices, but living room did look bare :(

Made a point of looking at all the lovely decorations people have up around their houses on the way home from work tonight, as they'll be down in a day or so. We still have our decs up at work and it it doesn't seem right, didn't bother turning the lights on this week.

BUT Creme Eggs: saw them tody in the shop and was VERY tempted to by one, a verrrrrry slippery slope, how many weeks til Easter...! :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm going to the middle east next week to where they dont ''officailly'' do christmas, so we are going to have christmas next Friday the 14th :D I felt like a weirdo coming out of Tesco with christmas pudding, mince pies, selection boxes, sweets and decorations :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    I'm going to the middle east next week to where they dont ''officailly'' do christmas, so we are going to have christmas next Friday the 14th :D I felt like a weirdo coming out of Tesco with christmas pudding, mince pies, selection boxes, sweets and decorations :D
    Christmas on Friday the 13th.. ooh.

Hope it's great, two Christmasses are better than one! :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    Christmas on Friday the 13th.. ooh.

Hope it's great, two Christmasses are better than one! :D

Ok now, see, there's another thread to start to wish ChewChew a 'Happy Christmas' on the 14th :pac:

I reckon we can find something Christmassy to chat about every couple of weeks on here to keep this forum going throughout 2012, until we get nearer the big day!

• Advertisement

I hope so- that'd be great!
    A lot of threads get locked out of season, though. :(

A lot of threads get locked out of season, though. :(

...then we'll keep starting new ones, Christmas will live FOREVER!!! ;)

You go girl!! :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

flutegirl wrote: »
    Ok now, see, there's another thread to start to wish ChewChew a 'Happy Christmas' on the 14th :pac:
    I'[ll be thinking of you all Next Week when I am having my big dinner :D:D:D

And it's Friday 13th we're having it, not the 14th. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I reckon we can find something Christmassy to chat about every couple of weeks on here to keep this forum going throughout 2012, until we get nearer the big day!
    posy wrote:
    A lot of threads get locked out of season, though.

Ladies, last year I started a thread in Jan or Feb and it lasted until the christmas season. Check this out! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70473253

• Advertisement

Yay, there's still hope, so. :)

Ladies, last year I started a thread in Jan or Feb and it lasted until the christmas season. Check this out! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70473253

So, milli, will you start another 'christmas' thread to post all things christmassy until we get near to the big day?? :pac:

I hope so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Just thinking to myself this time two weeks ago I was drinking mulled wine whilst watching The Muppets Christmas Carol Movie. Today it seems like Christmas was never here! Can't wait for next Christmas Eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

WillyWonka's Chocolate Factory was on yesterday! (always seems Christmassy to me)

Just thinking to myself this time two weeks ago I was drinking mulled wine whilst watching The Muppets Christmas Carol Movie. Today it seems like Christmas was never here! Can't wait for next Christmas Eve!
    It's weird, isn't it? Two weeks ago was Christmas eve, now the trees are down and the shops are full of easter eggs. It's annoying how ahead of itself retail gets. I think Dunnes had it's Christmas shop open in September but by 22nd/23rd December the shop was gone, decorations down and all traces of Christmas were almost erased. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

star-pants wrote: »
    WillyWonka's Chocolate Factory was on yesterday! (always seems Christmassy to me)

Yes it is :), I think Mary Poppins also makes me think of Christmas!
    It's weird, isn't it? Two weeks ago was Christmas eve, now the trees are down and the shops are full of easter eggs. It's annoying how ahead of itself retail gets. I think Dunnes had it's Christmas shop open in September but by 22nd/23rd December the shop was gone, decorations down and all traces of Christmas were almost erased. :(

That's mad I remember one year BT's started their Christmas shop around the last week of August/First week of September. I was still on my summer hols from college!

Yes it is :), I think Mary Poppins also makes me think of Christmas!
    'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' and 'The Sound of Music' always make me feel festive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

My decorations came down yesterday the 6th. I had a great night out last night for little christmas. I agree though it is a total downer for kids so think next year I will hold one or two of their presents back until the 6th, cook a mini christmas dinner and make a day of it.

Good idea. I think next year I will make a bigger deal of Little Christmas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

For me december 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

I'm going to write my cards for next Christmas tomorrow. Got some great ones in New Look about a fortnight before Christmas and I figure I'll do it now while I have my received ones about. I know I'm tempting fate but ......

Hee hee! This was on again yesterday on TCM. I watched the last hour of it, even though I've seen it a million times and own it on DVD and blu ray!!!!

On the night of the 6th I took a walk around the neighbourhood of my childhood home just to look at other people's lights. It was so lovely and I was reliving all my childhood / teenage memories of Christmasses gone by!

I got such a warm fuzzy feeling seeing people's lights up. There are a couple of houses in that neighbourhood who really go to town with their lights and I'm disappointed to say they had taken down their lights before the 6th. :(

My Russian sister in law celebrated her Christmas day yesterday (the 7th) and today we'll have a small Christmas dinner for her.

It's weird, isn't it? Two weeks ago was Christmas eve, now the trees are down

Once the 6th comes around, Christmas always seems like months ago. It feels so long ago. There's a completely different feeling - instead of feeling warm and cosy, there's this new, detox, spring clean feeling - at least from the media.

Bring back warm and cosy!!

So, milli, will you start another 'christmas' thread to post all things christmassy until we get near to the big day?? :pac:

You're very welcome to start the thread if you like! :) I might leave it til February as I'm kind of still in Christmas mode at the mo! :D

You're very welcome to start the thread if you like! :)I might leave it til February as I'm kind of still in Christmas mode at the mo! :D

No probs, I will look out for it then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 barr32

they come down 2day, very sad day, cant wait till next crimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Decorations came down on the 6th :(

House looks empty now :o

Roll on Christmas 2012 :D

I hate that- when the house looks really bare without the decorations.
    I miss my tree. :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Took mine down on sat, love how it's only quarter of the time to put them up and it still feels like we've been robbed, the house is empty, even a slight echo in the living room, did have an xmas dinner today though kinda makes it officially gone!

Advertisement