Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt/Indie beers, does it ever happen?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

rcaz wrote: »
    Yep, it's in my sig too :pac:

So it is, shameless self promotion, ha.

I'll have a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Alt/Indie beers will be put on the long finger no more! I think we should opt for a day next week/weekend in either the Porterhouse on Nassau Street or Workman's on the Quays and the chewing of the musical fat can finally commence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Stompbox wrote: »
    Alt/Indie beers will be put on the long finger no more! I think we should opt for a day next week/weekend in either the Porterhouse on Nassau Street or Workman's on the Quays and the chewing of the musical fat can finally commence.

I'm DJing in the Workman's on Saturday night. If I see an alt/indie meetup happening I'm playing Bieber and Dubstep mashups all night.

You have been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

defo not this month for me..wedding,stag and three gigs ('thinly veiled have life post'):D
    Another time for sure.

Just an idea in the next few months we pick a gig ..give people a chance to organise..get tickets etc.....do beers then off to a suitably alt/indie gig?
    Beth Orton amd Kerbdog would be two candidates.
    So Anonboy what sort of tunes will you be blasting out in the workmans?

• Advertisement

That's a great idea actually, preferably a relatively cheap gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Turn in the Button Factory, 21/12, €15?

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Turn in the Button Factory, 21/12, €15?

Possibly ..dont know them ..must check them out.

notnumber wrote: »
    Possibly ..dont know them ..must check them out.

http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/gigguide.php

cant seem to find anything about them? Anyway wonder how many people would be on for the idea in General.Maybe start a thread or a poll?

The Velourias are a kick ass 3 piece rock band from Dublin, Ireland. They are Phil (Guitar + Vox), Rob
    (Bass + Vox) and Nick (Drums). They play sharp shooting, hip shaking rock music in the vain of Idlewild,
    At The Drive-In, Bloc Party, Pixies and Nirvana.

http://thevelourias.bandcamp.com/

Well the obvious pixies refernece in the name had me interested before I heard any of their music ..Anne Doyle :D
    Have a listen..playing soon in Dublin ..would suggest a cool band to see on the 14th Dec in Gypsy Rose for xmas alt/indie beers !

• Advertisement

I can get down.

Well thats two..further than this thread has ever got ..theres a few more acts to be announced,dc experiment confirmed as well....be a great gig..4/5 bands of quality for a few euros...few more interested we go for it and be dammed for trying to conclude this thread!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This thread will never end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If its dec 14th, I'm all over it.

That night is a friday so it will be handy enough for me to get the nitelink home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Anyone going to see Ultraísta in the Button Factory on December 8th?

Im still on for the gypsy rose gig ..My Pyrrhic Victory an upcoming Irish band also added to that lineup... Ultaristia look interesting but hardly gonna make that one..

rcaz wrote: »
    Anyone going to see Ultraísta in the Button Factory on December 8th?

It all depends, my mate is in a singing competition in Walkinstown with the semi-finals on this weekend and if he makes it through the finals will be on the next week (on December 8th).

karaokeman wrote: »
    It all depends, my mate is in a singing competition in Walkinstown with the semi-finals on this weekend and if he makes it through the finals will be on the next week (on December 8th).

a singing competition, must be pretty good to get to the semi's?
    is it freestyle singing or are instruments involved?

a singing competition, must be pretty good to get to the semi's?
    is it freestyle singing or are instruments involved?

Singing, its a freelance singing comp, he's mainly doing opera stuff.

cool best of luck 2 him!

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm gonna be available, who's heading out on the saturday?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Looks like I'm gonna be available, who's heading out on the saturday?

mmhh the usual overwhelming response:)..me deffo not this wkend...next fri/sat for sure!

Anyone fancying the friday gig send me a p.m or sign up on the website
    More details of the gig here.

http://www.gigonometry.com/events/90956212/

i dunno i give up,,,apathy rules!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i dunno i give up,,,apathy rules!

Not being bad but from modding this forum, i don't think it's a meet up for beers kinda place.

I'm friends with one or two from on here having met them at gigs but in general you're correct, apathy rules - or people have other stuff on, particularly in December

lordgoat wrote: »
    Not being bad but from modding this forum, i don't think it's a meet up for beers kinda place.

I'm friends with one or two from on here having met them at gigs but in general you're correct, apathy rules - or people have other stuff on, particularly in December

prehaps a music wide meetup in the summer would have better results? but would need someone who likes orgainising stuff to drive it..I am as apathetic as everyone else in this regard.

Reqular music poster Stompbox(and instigator of this to-date failed thread) and his band are taking to the stage in the Twisted Pepper tomorrow night with Princess - (think Nirvana meets My Bloody Valentine meets Squarehead) and Women's Murder Club.Sounds like a great gig so am going head down,any boardies around give me a shout for a beer:D
    I guess if you make yourself known to Stompbox on the night somehow he can do the introductions.
    This track is pure quality,looking forward to seeing if they reproduce such quality on stage.

Sorry to report I arrived in late and missed otherkin,..ah well next time hopefully.:)

Advertisement