Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt/Indie beers, does it ever happen?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just so you guys know - I will be stalking you at this event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Will there be hot indie chicks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

How about we hit up Anseo this Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thats cool, I'll do my best to make the trip up.

Saturday nights are actually best for me because I live out in Leixlip and the nitelink buses only go that night and friday nights.

Friday nights don't suit me as I have work that day but saturday's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hate to be that guy, but I'll have to bail. My best mate got a 21st birthday organised for him at the last minute for this Saturday. I can't not be at that :o

• Advertisement

Ugh, I've also been informed that a 21st that I thought was on this Friday is actually this Saturday.

Let's plump for the Saturday of next week as it's far enough in the future for people to hopefully not have other commitments. Everyone good with Anseo_

This sorta fell by the wayside, let's make it happen again!

Stompbox wrote: »
    This sorta fell by the wayside, let's make it happen again!

Maybe we should make it happen in the afternoon sometime or earlier than 10pm anyway.

Think long commutes could be a huge factor for people not being able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Workmans tomorrow night after God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Workmans tomorrow night after God.

Holy sh*t! Rory Gallagher is back from the dead???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Holy sh*t! Rory Gallagher is back from the dead???

:DNOEL Gallagher!

:cool:

Oh right. I think you spelled it wrong then! ;)

Even better.

Okay, this has to happen soon or else it ain't ever gonna happen.

I was in the Porterhouse on Nassau Street last week and I noticed that they run a Music Quiz every Tuesday night. Think the prize was fifty blips and some free beer.

Okay, this has to happen soon or else it ain't ever gonna happen.

I was in the Porterhouse on Nassau Street last week and I noticed that they run a Music Quiz every Tuesday night. Think the prize was fifty blips and some free beer.

We could clean up!

I'd proper murder a few nice pints in there too, it's been a while since I had proper pints. I was at the craft beer festival but, PLASTIC CUPS??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'd be up for the quiz, what is the size limit for a team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Free beer from the porterhouse pass on that ...but would'nt a boards.ie music quiz nite be good? On a Friday/Sat nite..drinking while quizzing is the way forward ..deffo get the numbers ..now if someone with event promotion ambitions could organize it...

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Free beer from the porterhouse pass on that ... drinking while quizzing is the way forward

...I don't understand your priorities :pac:

rcaz wrote: »
    ...I don't understand your priorities :pac:

Not sure I understand your post :confused
    Was implin that porthouse beer is not suited to my pallete and gettin drunk while doing quizzes is a great laugh..altough maybe not if you actually want to win..:D

• Advertisement

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    porthouse beer is not suited to my pallete

The Porterhouse serve a wider range of beers than most places, if you can't find something to suit your tastes there then where else would you go?

I drink Heinken..and the lager there just does'nt taste the same..guess when you drink the same beer for over 15 years and are denied it ...
    Anyway lets not turn this in a discussion on the merits of the porterhouse.

I'm up for the Thursday coming if anyone wants to join.

I'm up for the Thursday coming if anyone wants to join.

Thursday the 29th? Why, it's funny you should suggest that, because my band is playing a gig :P

So, er, I can't go to that quiz or have pints anywhere else but if anyone wants to see a gig that night I can humbly recommend Twisted Pepper :pac:

Meltybrains? put on an absolutely unreal show, and Girl Band my favourite indie band around at the moment. They had a few gigs supporting Delorentos a little while ago and everyone hated them, which is good in my book :pac: Ghosts are a savage electronic duo, if anyone's into that. Gonna be a really good night.

[/plug]

I'd proper murder a few nice pints in there too

Er must admit I missed your post above of your admiration of their pints above,..Last time I went there it was the old judge roy bean place,,,bang of sweat was unreal...flat pint,..,the bands sound great! I'll pay e6 to not have to reactivate FB:pac:

Thursday the 29th? Why, it's funny you should suggest that, because my band is playing a gig :P

You're in a band? I hadn't noticed! :pac:

You're in a band? I hadn't noticed! :pac:

Getting people to know you make tunes is half the battle right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

So, er, I can't go to that quiz or have pints anywhere else but if anyone wants to see a gig that night I can humbly recommend Twisted Pepper :pac:

Meltybrains? put on an absolutely unreal show, and Girl Band my favourite indie band around at the moment. They had a few gigs supporting Delorentos a little while ago and everyone hated them, which is good in my book :pac: Ghosts are a savage electronic duo, if anyone's into that. Gonna be a really good night.

[/plug]

So, by process of elimination your band is Peaks?

Unless you were being very self-congratulatory in describing your own band :)

Thursday the 29th?

Whoops, I meant to say this Tuesday! Nice plug though.

• Advertisement

smokedeels wrote: »
    So, by process of elimination your band is Peaks?

Unless you were being very self-congratulatory in describing your own band :)

Yep, it's in my sig too :pac:

I can't do this Tuesday, have to cover in work.

Advertisement