Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt/Indie beers, does it ever happen?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Pretty self-explanatory really, I wouldn't mind a creamy Guinness accompanied by musical ****e-talk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

That'd be a Beers I could get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Id be up for it!

Would be nice to talk to people about music without them going "you like WHAT?"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I would definetly be up for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Is it not too mainstream for you?
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

triseke wrote: »
    Id be up for it!

Would be nice to talk to people about music without them going "you like WHAT?"

:D

that'll still happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'll be up for this if it goes ahead.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I suppose if you add your thanks to my initial post so we could have an idea of numbers. Suggestions for date/location, people?

Sweet wrote: »
    I suppose if you add your thanks to my initial post so we could have an idea of numbers. Suggestions for date/location, people?

Anseo on Camden Street.

Nice quiet place for the alternative/indie folk to discuss all things music.

Maybe 23rd January?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anseo on Camden Street.

Nice quiet place for the alternative/indie folk to discuss all things music.

Maybe 23rd January?

Not sure many people would be up for pints on a Monday?

Bernard Shaw, good for chats but maybe a bit out of the way?

Twisted Pepper, good for chats before 10 or so. Then we can all get yokes :pac:

Porterhouse, on a Wednesday (I think?) they don't have music all the way up and all their homebrews are €4 a pint. Hop Head ftw :cool:

All good suggestions to me lads, exams are over on the 20th so as long as we clear that date I'm onboard. The Bernard Shaw is a good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Good Idea..but why exclude the other music forum..get a big crowd..
    or ye could always come along to this event

http://www.gigonometry.com/events/45116652/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'd be up for it. As long as we don't discuss Oasis or The King of Limbs :D

smokedeels wrote: »
    I'd be up for it. As long as we don't discuss Oasis or The King of Limbs :D

I'd imagine there will be Oasis/Radiohead talk at some point but if there is you can always change it to a band you like.
    Stompbox wrote: »
    All good suggestions to me lads, exams are over on the 20th so as long as we clear that date I'm onboard. The Bernard Shaw is a good spot.

Or Bernard Shaw that also suits me too.

I actually have exams ending on the 19th myself so thats fine with me too.

So what's the story with this guys? Seems like we have a good few keen on it. What night of the week would suit people best? We can sort it out from there I suppose.

Well you're free on the 20th, what about that night?

El Pr0n wrote: »

No can do, I'm afraid! We're hosting a house party what with the exams finishing so I wouldn't be able to make it to a pub.

El Pr0n wrote: »

I am free that night but I might be going out with my friends from college that night.

Anytime soon after would be fine.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anytime soon after would be fine.

There's a party in Stompbox's gaff, we'll stall there, I'll get the crew :pac:

How about the 21st? I'm free from work at latest 10, I can be anywhere in town by 10:30.

The 21st is good for me. Venue? I remember I was in some Alt/Indie music bar down by Tara St. Station a while ago. Veeery cheap pints also.

The 21st is good for me. Venue? I remember I was in some Alt/Indie music bar down by Tara St. Station a while ago. Veeery cheap pints also.

Handy, I've heard of somewhere good around there but I forget the name. Post it up when you remember?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

If I'm not mistaken, Stompbox is referring to O'Reilly's below Tara St. station, was €3:20 a pint. Not 100% it still is, no reason it aint though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I'd be up for it, don't get paid till the 24th though so maybe if you have another one sometime I shall have to call in!

Well, I guess we could leave it until the following end so we have better numbers!

And Birneybau, yes it's O'Reilly's that I was on about. €3.20 pints is a sweet deal, can't recall what the music was like though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

They play Rock/Metal music in the mold of Fibbers on Saturdays. I'm not sure if that's always the case.

So whats the story how many people are actually going to this?

So far only myself and El Pron have thanked the initial post.

I think people seem up for it but they're not thanking the post. How about we decide on a time, date and venue, lock the thread and then create a new one with the details in the title?

I think people seem up for it but they're not thanking the post. How about we decide on a time, date and venue, lock the thread and then create a new one with the details in the title?

Sounds good, just hope that will have everything sorted.

So are we pushing it back a week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Yaooowl!

• Advertisement

I should probably be able to make it any night this week except friday.

Stompbox any chance of an update?

Advertisement